Developer Q&A (20th August)

I don’t think they need to nerf LT’s but if they were to increase the cost of each additional LT without changing the rewards I think it could work. Something along the lines of 1st LT = 1M, 2nd LT = 1.1M, 3rd LT = 1.2M. Of course if there were other things for end-game players to spend gold on then LT’s would naturally go down.

1 Like

Died of laughter. XD

3 Likes

May i suggest a book for you?

Speaking of laughable cohesion are the gnolls a faction of clowns? :thinking:

Wait.
Legendary Tasks under review because players are completing too many!?

They nerfed them to Hell already!

Do you know what it feels like to be given 1 Gem Key, 1 Event Key and 100 Glory for 1M Gold? It feels crap!

They took Gems out of LT’s as well, then added more Gem sinks. Remember that?

/Rant over/

9 Likes

Short answer, no. Longer answer, significantly unlikely in the future.

Going to answer the whole slew of these at once as the answers are somewhat similar.

Unfortunately, the direct answer requires internal beta knowledge that has not been disclosed, so I can only talk about these in a roundabout way. I am near 100% (99.9%+) certain that this knowledge won’t be discussed before the update, so the direct answer will have to wait for then.

So…

On the stream, Sirrian discussed that the original intent of LTs was not for them to be completed many times over. Yet, as gold income inflation occurred, this became not only possible but expected by high-end guilds. This led to the gem removal from LTs, as far too many gems for free were entering the game. Now, there is a similar situation regarding gem/event keys with hundreds of LTs being completed per week by top guilds and that number expected to rise with kingdom stars very soon to start reaching 11+ on kingdoms.

There are two ways the devs can act, if they choose to do something about this:

1. Nerf drops
  2. Add sinks

Sirrian said that the devs are still reeling a bit for the extemely harsh pushback on the gem removal from LTs. As such, the intent for a good while has been to add additional sinks to avoid the need to nerf rewards again.

It would not be implausible to consider that the devs might be considering adding something to the game in the future that would act as a gold sink to mitigate the need to nerf rewards again because of too much gold flowing into the economy.

All that said, on beta, I’ve observed and expressed my concerns about a lot of things regarding 4.0. So much so, that Old Man Oakroot might blush in shame. There will be a time and place about discussing these things, but almost assuredly that won’t happen until patch day at the very least.

I look forward to seeing if other players observe the same concerns I did on beta when the update arrives.

5 Likes

@Sirrian Nerf LTs again? Due to top Guilds

(I know the irony is an outstanding player in my Guild just brought the this Developers attention with a personal 100M in one drop)

Here is an old post from a year ago around the previous nerf with lots of likes how to do this properly, without penalizing 99.9% of your player base. I think I posted the same thing 18 months ago too.

INCREASE LTs and change the cost for each additional one completed on a simple schedule.

2 Likes

One additional addendum that I forgot to write in the stream notes that is important (will add it to the list)…

– Treasures are intended to function as items, but are coded as troops (functionality does not yet exist for item cards?). As such, they can be ascended like troops. Do not do this, as there is no value gained in ascending treasures to higher rarities.

3 Likes

Puzzle Quest 3 is the only news worth hearing about here.

Rouge-lite mode in a 99.9% luck game does nothing for me. Everything else sounds like a nice way of saying “we don’t know what we’re doing with troop balance, so play these modes with limited troop selections instead of bitching about them.”

4 Likes

Ascending treasure cards doesn’t do anything right now, but by coding them as troops the devs left the door open for that to change in the future. If they want.

Mate that would be a freaking HUGE nerf to LT’s for members of the best guilds. I don’t support that at all. Far better to give us other ways to spend gold. Unless the increase you speak of is monumental (which it won’t be)

The troop color restrictions are quite loose on delves. Troops only have to match one of the two restricted colors to be allowed, which allows for a ton of options. Especially, mythics. The Hero is completely unrestricted regarding colors.

And on troop balance… you might want to revisit that statement when you see some of these 4-troop teams for each faction. The four troops for each faction are highly synergous with each other. Intentionally so, according to the devs on the stream.

1 Like

I’ll take a look when 4.0 comes out and type something different if my opinion changes. I’ve said before that this simple, match 3 slot machine game is trying to be too many things and give players more to, but doing the exact opposite with pay to play and restrictive modes. Hope this is better, but I’m not holding my breath.

1 Like

Has anything been said in regards to kingdom reworks specifically?

This makes it sound liko we won’t see significant kingdom reworks/significant rebalancing of older troops in the forseeable future.

1 Like

They didn’t mention kingdom reworks in that stream.

3 Likes

Or not… maybe i’m being too optmistic but… the Factions seeems easier to design, as in they only need to plan a good sinergy for four troops, and then maybe the devs can invest some more time in the old troops. Some kingdoms just need a few tweaks here and there while others need some serious work. If they take the easier path of tweaking the easier kingdoms it’ll be just great for a while.

2 Likes

Personally, I’m not holding my breath on that. I know that awhile back Nim mentioned that there was a kingdom scheduled for rework. It could happen, but hard to say. Gacha-style games tend to prefer to promote new troops over fixing old ones, though, as a general trend.

This was discussed on the stream, and your logic is correct regarding synergy. With only four troops per faction and a shorter questline, their target is a new faction every month. At that kind of speed, I’m doubtful for old troops being revised/rebalanced. On the other hand, the 4 faction troop team is quite powerful out of the box, as they have synergy on par with the divine meta by intentional design (in terms of synergy, they don’t instakill like Ubastet does but are still quite deadly). In fact, players will encounter these teams in delves quite frequently…

Also as an FYI, from tonight’s stream, the big 4.0 extended-length stream reveal will be next Monday, per Salty.

1 Like

Tuesday Aussie time

1 Like

Just as a heads up, we are still working on some kingdom reworks behind the scenes. No word on a release date yet. (Pan’s Vale is the one we are focusing on at this point in time.)

6 Likes

Sounds good to me.
Will we finally get a new Peter Pan troop as well?