Developer Q&A (20th August)

Maybe they are going to announce that weapons will have base stats in the Underworld, no matter how far they were upgraded with ingots? It would make kind of sense, currently most weapons become too risky to use after fully upgrading them for kingdom power levels. By treating them as not upgraded they could at least be used safely without incurring penalties for Underworld battles, so they would once again serve a purpose in-game.

2 Likes

It’s probably stuff that “QA” is testing and not the beta.

I love this, teasers in the form of questions :smiley:

Maybe the answer is just: nothing special.

Awesome can’t wait

Am I right that it is something like 2:30 - 3:30 am (middle of the night effectively) in Europe?

If so, will it be available for a re-watch later on?

All their Twitch streams are archived for later viewing.

2 Likes

I don’t know either, unless it has to deal with delve rewards and weapon advancement, which is a known thing on beta.

1 Like

I believe it is to clarify how the weapon and pet are classified, as it is not as directly straight forward as the troops.

You beta-testers here talking about stuff we common folks don’t understand. So mean!:cry::wink:
You should make up for it by telling everyone exactly how many bunnies will be in the next patch so that people still have time to riot if there are less than 100.

Seriously, though, you guys should get your own invisible forum section, I think, to discuss such matters. It just boggles my mind too much what all of it could mean otherwise.

1. But they die.
2 Likes

Actually, we do, Sheba.

There’s a odd middle ground that appears as a patch date draws closer, where some patch concepts are discussed on a stream and beta people can then talk about them freely to others. What’s unusual this time around, is that very late into the beta (and almost assuredly near the end at this point), there has been no reveals of anything related to the update publicly yet outside of a couple out-of-context screenshots. As a result, we have to talk in very roundabout ways to the forum in general, as nothing is cleared for discussion. It’s very awkward to the outside observer, as you correctly note.

Perhaps, given the nature of the pre-selected questions, Sirrian and Nim might be taking point on the reveal this time around (instead of Salty), given that this is a major numbered version update. Only the devs know the answer to that one.

Now, if wanted to ask a most interesting question (in a very awkward way), I would ask this:

Can the new kingdom be published separately from the 4.0 update for its release on Friday? If not, that would mean the update would be coming this week.

6 Likes

RIOT! RIOT I SAY!:scream::rage:
Someone has to address this most pressing issue in the Q&A now!:rabbit: For bunnykind!

Thank you for your long post! I understand that it must be awkward for you guys as well to read all the speculations and people getting happy or upset about the few screenshots without knowing what any of it really means. I fear the way Salty has been handling spoilers (tying them to stream viewers, which led to people being unhappy, which then led to spoilers being just not given anymore instead of them being given freely like it has once been) kind of really must have an impact on you guys. :confused: On one hand, I am jealous of you guys being able to beta-test, on the other hand, I think not being able to talk freely about something must really suck. I hope the Q&A will help everyone in that regard.

Are you talking about that?

(another sneak peak of 4.0… Sin of Maraj…)

I don’t think Sin of Maraj won’t need 4.0 to happen. As I remember, all recent kingdoms don’t need a major update to appear. If you look at spoiler, all files and pictures associated with Sin of Maraj are already here, just hidden, while all the Underworld stuffs only have text data. So they just have to activate some code next Friday for the new kingdom to appear.

And by that, I don’t think 4.0 will be coming next week. Although I think it’s shouldn’t be more than 2 months away.

EDIT : removed wrong info. Ragereaver is already here.

2 Likes

Can you post information about the server issues @Saltypatra so the stream isn’t overran by it.

2 Likes

My Ubastet also want to know how many bunnies will be in the next patch.
He keeps on saying something about Bunny Stew or something.

2 Likes

Were you trying to type “shoe” and got autocorrected? I’m sure Ubastet would look awesome with bunny slippers on!:blush:

What happens when Ubastet meets Infernus?