Developer Q&A (20th August)

Are you going to hire an intern that has that lives in America or Europe that can alert the developers when things are seriously messed up during the Australian sleepy time hours?

He/She can do other things: like testing when not sending out pages to wake a Devs or two up.

1 Like

Another person to also watch the forums and with a good grasp of a second idiom to also handle translation issues that are somewhat frequent.

No.

I agree on the concept that all the assets are generally in place for Sin of Maraj to operate as a normal kingdom release. However… there’s some things about this kingdom that are different about this kingdom than normal. For example, Salty said on one of her streams that Luther was going to be the quest NPC for the kingdom and not the standard new Epic troop questgiver. This is because :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: .

So, while I can absolutely see the kingdom being released as normal, the devs would then need to somehow accommodate these differences.

On the length of beta, when a beta is released for testing, the update should be at least 90+% already finished, with just tweaking and bug squashing left to do. Beta has been up for two weeks now. The last beta ran from June 5th through June 18th, a total of 14 days. In my personal opinion, the update should be ready to go “anyday” now. At the absolute worst, I can’t see it being pushed back beyond the end of the month.

2 Likes

Ummm what? Now I’m really confused.

I bet the Dev Q&A announces the update comes out Monday/Tuesday

1 Like

He is “the Dragon that was” (former leader of the Dragon Knights Order) in Medea’s Prophecy, the new Blight is this kingdom full of Daemons/Sins.

Maybe, this is also the kingdom with the Delve feature, but Drak-Zum is also a candidate, and the feature could be deactivated until 4.0 is properly released.

There has been a bit of confusion in our Guild regarding the timing of the Q&A on Twitch. Could Salty please give the UTC time as this is the Standard.

Summer Time and other local changes can make things even more confusing.

The confusion, in the past, has put me off going to Twitch to view the live discussions. I suspect others “couldn’t be bothered” too.

Hopefully, adding UTC will help bring more viewers to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually, when my Ubastet catches bunnies, he gets both shoes and stews.

The time Salty posted on Twitter should be correct, meaning your list should be accurate.
The time UTC should be 01:30 Monday morning.

1 Like

If you have any doubts about the correct time for you, just go to the Twitch page.
There is a coutdown clock there for me to know when the next live feed will be.
The clock is for TOMORROW’s streaming session with Salty and not the Q & A.

I kinda wish these times were published in GMT like the devs used to do, rather than US/Australian time zones.
Probably slight bias since I am in the UK though :rofl:

It’s not tonight? Lol

The countdown on the Twitch page is to the weekly Streams that Salty does. It does not reflect the Developer Q&A

1 Like

is that in an hr the dev q&A ?

The scheduled time is posted above. And the link I provided allows you to add your own timezone to check your local time. But yes, the dev Q&A is scheduled for about an hour an 20 minutes from now.

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t 24 hours off. Thanks.

Much appreciated. I would have totally missed it because of being halfway across the planet. Silly time zones.

1 Like

I’m glad me asking a question helped everyone

Will there be free code giveaways?

There always is