Dev Q and A Question Gathering Time (Questions In!)

No worries, my friend, I will ask about the transparency in every single Q&A until it’ll be made better. I had also named it “board transparency” in my original question since transparency can mean a lot just by itself, but I was too wordy again, it seems.

1 Like

I added this one in to give Sirrian and Nimhain an opportunity to explain what the team is working on. No silly answers here!

2 Likes

Sirrian hinted on a recent stream that the hero class might be getting all three perks integrated into the overall stat boost.
Are there any plans to add to this ?
Please ask this too salty. Pretty please with unicorns and rainbows ! x

1 Like

without further ago?

Haha, saw that too. Seeing it’s almost midnight there, I’d say it’ll be fixed to ‘ado’ in the morning :wink:

There is no Australian charity more Australian than Surf Clubs.

Donate as much as you can, as often as you can, a schooner, midi, or pot at a time.

So is it too late to ask new questions?
I was going to ask what’s up with the AI dumbing down lately?
It’s doing all kind of silly things such as ignoring skulls, ignoring 4+ gem matches, and yet, amazingly, gets crazy lucky cascades.

I guess over-all the battles are easier, which can be good…
but not so good when you’re hoping your GW defense is performing their best.
Not to mention the ignore-skull part pretty much means any skull-spamming defense teams are out the window. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I think TDS already as a legendary trait:
25% to resurrect, augmented to 65% on defense.

It’s just not fully described :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

The trick is to make teams that are foolproof to use. :stuck_out_tongue:
I tried fighting my own team of Forest Troll/Loyalty/Yasmine’s Chosen/Aurora. Guess what Gem color the AI decided to spawn with one of the two color-pickers? Red. No one in that team uses red. And I had been confused why these guys had been performing so poorly…
My best team in PVP defense - though not good for GW defense because of duplicates - is Khorvash/3x Penguin. The AI can absolutely not mess this up in any way or form and this is why it’s overperforming compared to the rest of the teams for me.
Basically, don’t give the AI troops which have to pick gem colors or target troops for things. Elspeth will target the wrong one. Ysabelle will target the wrong one. Valkyrie will transform the worst kind of color to blue. Even Trolls are dangerous because the AI has no patience with maybe holding their spell for one more round.
Give the AI exploders, Mana-Drainers or pure damage dealers.

…But yeah, I did notice the 4-match ignoring as well. Maybe they tried to make Goblins smarter (use skill before making the 4-match) and it backfired or something. Sadly it never happens when I need it to happen, but yeah, I notice it before. Ignoring skulls is a good thing for the AI - because I like(d) to skull-bait too much - but ignoring 4-matches is not.

1 Like

You can still skull bait after attack is reduced to zero too.
Been using the War Hound this week (yes, sometimes I just do things). And the computer will attack over and over with zero attack.

I guess i will need to ask my questions during the stream since you ignored them all

1 Like

I’ll answer some of them for you.

Was answered last Q&A. The answer was no, they are supposed to be that rare.

Player pool is based on the players doing PVP. Once I stop doing PVP, my defense doesn’t get listed anymore. Meaning I get tier one on Mondays, I get like 30+ defense battles also in the meantime. Then I stop. The defenses stop. I do GW, I get 1-2 defense results in in the next 1-2 hours.

Was answered last Q&A. No new mythic weapon until Dawnbringer-in-arena is fixed.

Was answered by Salty last stream - in the next two weeks.

Salty said before that while there is no date set, this will very likely be done again.

1 Like

@Sheba what about the mana shield? :slight_smile:

I’m currently looking for that answer because I am 99% sure it was answered on the forums. I woke up like two minutes ago after only two hours of sleep, don’t make me rush. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m totally asleep still.

Yeah it was answered but very vaguely

Found it.

…This post was made in response to your question last month. You got your answer.

Dude, I don’t want to be mean, but I noticed you asking a lot of questions which were already answered either last stream in a way that made it clear there will be no new development right now (like the mythic weapon one; Nimhain was VERY direct with that one) or you got your forum answer. A lot of people have a ton of questions about things coming up. I like your question about the new game mode and all and would love to see that in the chat. But already-answered questions will just cut the time short for new questions. If Nimhain didn’t give you an ETA or a confirmation, you won’t get any now, either.
You know the devs hate ETAs (for good reasons) in general.
And with things they’re uncertain they want to implement as well.

Right now, they are obviously trying things with the planned raid bosses immune to these things. Doesn’t that already count as “looking into it” for you? To see how it goes if troops can block these things? To be it totally does.

It’s not an answer, if i ask you “how you feeling good today?” And you tell me
Maybe it’s not an answer at all

Then it’s an answer I don’t wanna give you (for a reason).

Our posts just overlapped (I edited), lemme quote my edit:

Thanks, i was not aware about the raid boss immunity

Granted, they are not immune to all these things. It’s
Invulnerable: Immune to Stun, Devour, Death Mark, Mana Drain, Transform, and Lethal Damage.
It was first - I think, I might remember wrong - listed as immune to everything (so like Impervious with Mana Drain, Transform and Lethal Damage on top) and now got changed. But since this is all just spoiler stuff, it will of course get changed around and very obviously Mana Drain immunity is in there, so you can expect that Nimhain is actually doing what she promised you to do - looking into things. Given how we have right now six raid bosses and a lot of raid troops/buildings all having this combination, I think we can assume that we will have plenty of teams to test having no effective Mana Drain against. :wink: