Dev Q&A (Get Your Questions In!) Thursday

They’ve said numerous times that they do play the game. At all levels as they can just boost their own levels.
Not that I believe that of course.

Sirrian mentioned a graph of the most used troops on defense when are we going to see that?

I would guess Kraken, Mab and Forest Troll as the top 3.

Well TDS and Nax are fifth and fourth apparently. Wisp sixth.

Can’t think of anything other than Kraken, Mab and Forest Troll.

2 Likes

Sirrian said he would like to post them himself, so there may be a little delay with how busy he gets.

4 Likes

I betcha that it’s not broken out into the quadrants that would make sense

• how long a player has been in the system (which does throw the curve off completely when you stop and think of the # of new players verses number of players that have been around for a year or more.

That stat could show one set of most used is different from each other

The second stat quadrant that probably is missing is - how many are used. Like multiple Kerb, Kraken, Wisps - is it counted as 1 or 2 or 3 if it’s a multiple used in once team?

Reason I bring this up, is I just had a client have me do a bunch of charts and they forgot these two very important aspects and it really changed how the consumer was using their product. And it’s a very common mistake to make.

5 Likes

@Saltypatra when is this happening? I’m planning on doing nothing but arena this week and dawnbringer is already starting to annoy me as much as all the Kraken/Trolls were last week.

It’s even worse when it gets filled in a single turn and there is nothing I can do but retreat

I tell you what’s really annoying. Crafting a weapon to counter the dawnbringer, not having anywhere near the stats it showed in soulforge and then not even been able to tell if you’re actually going to be going up against dawnbringer, then finding out you are once the game starts, losing, then selecting your dark sword for the next battle and going up against something different. Grrrrrrr

2 Likes

You know full well not being a newb you don’t get stat bonuses in arena. You forgot.

I’m not going to be wasting resources trying to counter dawnbringer because it just can’t be done unless you have your own dawnbringer and manage to cast it first. 8/10 battles I lose to that stupid thing.

@Saltypatra serious question did anyone actually test dawnbringer in arena? I can not see how anyone actually fought that thing in arena and thought it was ok

Out of 7 arena runs I haven’t been able to complete 2 of them because dawnbringer wiped out half my team and barriered everyone.

I’m 190k souls away from getting my own dawnbringer hopefully arena will be winnable then.

3 Likes

Even knowing that, the fact remains that you don’t know when you’re going to be needing to equip dark sword. 12x3 damage would still be enough to do something but it takes too long to fill.

so how is this working now?
are new questions gathered somewhere for next QA video or nothing for now?

In the Q&A, the devs stated that Dawnbringer was balanced for PVP not Arena.

3 Likes

My guess, wait until the soon (but unknown exactly when) new interface patch is released. They’d like it for 3rd anniversary but, it’s done when it’s done and approved.

And that is a serious problem.
It is Ok in PVP but it hs obviously nothing to do in arena.

2 Likes

Where do you buy cat ear scarves? Hmmmm.

That’s dumb they need to start thinking about arena

1 Like

Ok i have a question for the next dev q&a @Saltypatra

Are we ever gonna get good new troops that aren’t eventually nerfed into the bin?

2 Likes

How many bottles of scotch does the intern in charge of UI design drink daily?

10 Likes

@Saltypatra

They need to talk about the UI… A LOT

• Why use 1991 MS Ariel font in a fantasy game?
  • Readability issues with troops?
  • plans for the future (changes)?
  • board visibility issues
  • menu visibity issues (can not see what is selected)
  • etc.

I would even SCRAP the interactive aspect of the stream this week and JUST answer UI concerns. You have more than enough material on this forum.

6 Likes

Is Treasure Hunt going to be updated? The amount of resources received for time spent on each map is much less than resources from PvP or Explore battles. That is why I have hundreds of maps that I have not taken the time to complete.