Design-a-troop Project Part 1a - Kingdom poll is now closed!

Sigh. Changed my vote to blighted lands.

3 Likes

We better not end up with another frikken daemon.

3 Likes

@Sirrian and I agreed this plan… Kingdom comes first and the idea develops from there… If you do kingdom last, you risk shoving something where it doesn’t really fit…

2 Likes

@Jainus

Kinda in the same frame of designing mechanics and art around a vampire troop and then sticking him in Zaejin or Sword’s edge correct?

1 Like

@Sirrian
I put in my vote that in 4 years (the estimated time for all kingdoms to get up to possibly 15 troops assuming the weekly events are distributed fairly evenly) we get to have another star or 2 on the kingdom power level

Wadda say? May make a man proud? :wink:
In all seriousness tho thanks for all you your hard work and @Nimhain and others too. You guys and gals really look after the community.

By the way who do I talk to about a bug on the fourm? I very often tap the reply button on another members post and when I post my blub it doesn’t show it as a response to a particular post, I often have to back into the post by way of edit to tag and/or quote the individual,

Thanks for your help

Gotcha. Makes sense. I defer to those with actual expertise on the subject. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, but…

1. that strikes me as an under-powered, rather generic and not notably legendary troop…
  2. stop posting specific detailed ideas here… I despair sometimes, I really do…
1 Like

While I understand the sentiment and agree that a full fledged troop idea down to stats doesn’t help much at the moment, with another 2 days or so on the poll there is only so much we can talk about the individual kingdoms without getting into specifics about possible ideas. The kingdom generally sets the theme for a troop so I feel that if people are discussing the merits of one kingdom over another that it’s inevitable that some general examples and ideas will come out.

This is also one reason I started the Fan Troop corner, so people had somewhere they could post their fully fledged ideas.

1 Like

So, on the basis that we have an emerging winner, and the general populace are all like too many excited kids and can’t follow simple instructions :slight_smile::confounded::rage:

…I will be closing this poll earlier than planned, and will close it either tonight or tomorrow morning, availability permitting (I am at this cool https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/ event today :slight_smile: )… that is, within 12-24 hours from now.

Then we move to the next stage :slight_smile:

In the meantime, Adana fans have today to set up dozens of bogus forum accounts and skew the vote :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The forum runs Discourse, so if it’s an actual bug with the software, it should probably be reported there. But it could be a problem with the local installation, or already fixed upstream and we just don’t have it yet. No idea who on the Gems team actually administers the forum, but either it’s @Sirrian or he would presumably know who to contact.

In the light of that discovery, maybe you should start a separate discussion thread for the whole project that people can chatter away in, and hopefully keep the poll threads cleaner? I mean, inability to follow simple instructions will probably shoot that strategy in the foot too, but if you can get people started in one thread, maybe they’ll be more likely to keep it there, rather than split it across multiple threads?

I am surprised that polls don’t appear to require a certain user trust level to participate. Maybe they do, but it’s not clear from the documentation or some extremely brief digging around in the code. Polls are a plugin, but they’re included and enabled by default.

Rub it in why don’t you!

The problem with your instructions and an extended poll time are that without being able to talk about anything you are squashing the hype and excitement that you are at the same time trying to foster.

If we had not been able to talk about our ideas at the very least @Lyya and myself would never have switched our votes. Why would you want to not allow discussion? Anyway, this is fun thought experiment and i’m glad we’ve all been able to talk about it.

3 Likes

I don’t mind really… My only point would be that great ideas here may be wasted as I’m not expecting to remember them, they need to be contributed when that’s the question in hand and I’m paying attention…

No worries mate, this board has tons of good ideas!

I don’t think that’s much of an issue, really. People who are passionate about their ideas can either re-submit or link to their posts here when the time comes to discuss nuts and bolts.

I, for one, have enjoyed the discussion, even if it did meander a ton from the thread’s purpose.

1 Like

And caused us to switch sides.

2 Likes

I have now closed the poll, and we have a winner… drum roll… Blighted Lands with 42% of the vote!

I will set up the next stage of the project shortly…

@Sirrian @Nimhain this thread could now be unpinned, please.

3 Likes

:frowning: I thought this was going to stay open until Sunday. Oh well…

Don’t worry Adana, you’re next…