Design-a-troop Project Part 1 - POLL 1 IS SHUT - SEE THE OTHER THREAD

Ghulvania is definitely out for me then.
Either Adana or Maugrim Woods seems interesting to me.

2 Likes

I voted for Adana anyways :stuck_out_tongue: For me the whole vampire mythos etc gets done a lot and is almost as bad as the zombie one (which has been EVERYWHERE for the past decade…). Though to be fair I am being a bit hypocritical, since I suggested Forest of Thorns and an Elven legendary, and Elves have also been done a lot in fantasy settings.

So either Adana since that was the second most popular option. Or I stand by my suggestion of Forest of Thorns

I like Adana or Maugrim Woods also.

Adana because of all the other reasons previously suggested. Maugrim Woods because Kerberos is the last legendary I need, and I could try to get it via event keys during a Maugrim Woods event. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In my opinion selecting/arguing over the kingdom is definitely the least interesting part of the process, though some of the 9 troop kingdoms deserve some love and are probably not gonna get it until the other kingdoms got their 9th.

I’d be perfectly fine with jainus just opening a new thread with his 5 favourite kingdoms in a poll, to get it over with. :wink:

4 Likes

Would be nice to have a poll with all the kingdoms and then under that debates going on as to what kingdom would be best and keep the poll open for a week. We have a lot of time to decide in each step so doing it slowly and cautiously would yield the best result.

1 Like

I’d still be interested in a legendary Human troop like Van Helsing, but if the option is less preferential now.
My secondary vote would go to Maugrim Woods, it’s a very lackluster kingdom and could use some better additions.

Here’s some legendary beast ideas that could fit into Maugrim Woods:
Warg (Perfect addition to the kingdom!)
Bunyip (Might fit better in Mist of Scales)
Qilin (May not quite fit the “Legendary” feel)
Mapinguari (Could also be Monster type)

Just to give an example of what we’re missing out on. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I also vote for Maugrim Woods ;-).
Maybe the ones who wanted of Werewolf can apply for this kingdom.

My point of view is more about a Legendary troop that represents the Wolfen race, something big and furry, something like that:
http://cadwallon.com/rackham-confrontation/wolfen-of-yllia
http://cadwallon.com/rackham-confrontation/devourers-vile-tis

If possible i would clone myself to be able to agree more.@Jainus why not put all kingdoms, except Ghulvania, in a pool and let people vote for 72 hours? This would be fair to let everyone vot for their kingdom i think.

2 Likes

Why exclude Ghulvania from the vote?

@Sirrian didn’t say that the new troop can’t be from Ghulvania, and even if some people changed their mind with the new info, there might still be enough left for it to win.

I would probably vote for a different kingdom after Sirrian’s message, but I agree it should be included in the poll.

Let’s shut this down until next week and see what happens with all of the buffs/nerfs. For all we know Adana and Maugrim Woods are getting buffs and the Ghulvania troop won’t be useful. Right now we’re making really uninformed decisions.

And we’ve already shown we can come to a consensus in 1-2 days :grin:

1 Like

There is also the ability to stay with Ghulvania. The timing is such that we would see the information Sirrian posted. Then we can design around that. It may take us a week or two to get a design the community really likes. Then the time and delays it will take for the troop to be completed and ready for release, and it could be a couple months out.

I know I want to see cities with fewer troops get some extra love, but I’m OK with Ghulvania getting the community troop along one of the themes players are talking about.

With all the excitement, if all this picking a city is causing too much of an issue, have someone print up a map and throw a dart during a live stream event, and we design for the city whose territory it lands in!

1 Like

Isn’t it smarter to approach this entirely the other way around?
First cool ability and/or legendary trait, then colors, then an art concept that works with what the ability does and only then kingdom? That way you can avoid making something that’s really undead by ability but which has to fit into Grosh-Nak because that was the first vote (eg).

Also, even if art is the slowest part of it all, considering how fast the discussion went here, I don’t think we’ll win much time by commissioning the art as one of the first steps.

There’s a good reason Magic (the Gathering) only goes for art on cards whose ability is fully designed and typically not going to change much.

Switching my vote to Adana due to the spoiler thingy. MW is definitely underappreciated but Adana has had problems for ages … plus a Construct legendary would be way more awesome than a, lets face it, generic Beast or Monster type.

Adana HAS a great construct legendary :wink:

1 Like

Just in case a complete new vote starts on this while i am not able to be online again, and even though it may not be of any impact at all, since most seem to vote for kingdoms i don’t particularly care for, i cast my vote here for Stormheim eternally!
Stormheim may have a troop that is universally used (Valkyrie obviously) ironically not often in any actual Stormheim themed teams though.
It also has a viable Legendary, but aside from those two troops, most Stormheim troops are extremely rarely used, both in invades and defends, and that is mostly because they don’t have much synergy(if any at all), aside from Valkyrie, Jarl and Serpent they are all really just basic damage dealers with mostly unreliable and never really amazing amounts of damage.
They could sure use a troop with some refreshing exciting mechanic.
Also the Game needs a female titanic Giant! One with a personality like Jarl, not like the dirteating brutes from Broken Spire :wink:

Anyways if it ends up being a vote between Ghulvania and Adana again, Adana has my vote.

2 Likes

I have to disagree. Carnex’s ability is extremely outdated to the current state of the game. His armor gain needs to be a lot higher than 3. #MakeCarnexGreatAgain

10 Likes

I agree as long as “a lot” doesn’t result in another broken legendary, this could go out of hand quickly if the armor gain ends up too high.

Another big thing to bear in mind here: There will likely be a bunch of new troops released between when we start voting, when we lock in our troop, and when it actually is made available. I don’t remember them saying a specific turn-around time, but I’d guess we’re looking at 2 months, minimum, which is at least 8 troops. A lot can happen between now and then.

I’d argue everyone’s thinking about it the wrong way: We should be picking based on whatever our favorite Kingdom/Troop/Type is and not on what’s not available, or what’s lacking, or how we can make a Kingdom better. Anything we try to do is liable to be made redundant by the dev team.

10 Likes

Interesting points but I disagree, thanks. I will be following the plan that I reasoned through with @sirrian at the start…

I will be selecting ideas from the many posted, for the final votes, with input from the devs, and will make sure we don’t end up with something that doesn’t fit the kingdom. Cheers

1 Like