Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

I have Amanithrax and Deep Hive maxed out. Anyone know the next easiest faction to do with all faction team at level 500 without potions?

Nice one re Deep Hive, yep it’s doable without the 25% even.

Not tried Warrens since it came out, in fact only have 100 completed with the faction. I don’t think I did much in the event. I know it’s tough, been done by @Dust_Angel with 175 hoard.

Looking at what’s left to do for me;

Fang Moor

The best none potion is 300 with 50% (450 True Hoard) and 3 Nysha by @N1CK.50 - I had a go yesterday with 155 Hoard. I got past 3 rooms only for Lady Ironbeard to 1 shot my Dargon. I can see how to do it, it needs a very sturdy Dargon and a lot of attack and Setauri on max bleeds. The drawback is no way is that viable vs half the Epic rooms, Ironbeards, Venbarak, Lamia (can’t even raise attack) and so on. I’d say possibly viable is Dragon Hatchery and the Sacrificial Priests and the Coral room with Vodyanoi. You still have to get past Coral Golem who is horrid with stoneskin and his self buffs.

Edit - Wall of Bones, sigh, can’t raise the attack vs that thing, plus Skeleros waiting to obliterate…

Werewoods

I haven’t pushed normally yet - open mind but probably only real luck will get it without a large hoard.

Lyrazsa’s Lair

See Werewoods

Sea of Sorrow

According to the list, the best is 473 True Hoard by @Meesh ! The Deep King is evil, random targeting is the bane of delves for you as players. I am going to try with maybe 2 Mersharks rather than 2 Deep Kings, I figure targeted works better than just random damage. I did this with Frostfire Keep. Could have a go soon, will try a couple more on Fang Moor.

Sunken Fleet

No-one has beaten it, best effort is 450 True Hoard I believe by @Texugo-928 ? Will need to have a few goes at it, think the hard part is the journey and legendary rooms and keeping the team as intended.

The Warrens

As above, not tried, hear the 3 Luna’s and cross your fingers are the way to go. I think you may be better with 2 Bunnicorns, charm is not negated by agile, but probably won’t work out, we’ll see!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Stoneson eire or primal rift or hall of guardians

Silver Necropolis
Primal Rift
Hall of Guardians
Crypt Keepers

all relatively easy without potions - I did them, so they have to be easy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not Stonesong. It’s too RNG based; and the middle room is the killer.

I found Wild Court pretty easy

2 Likes

Must have been why I thought it was easy :sweat_smile: Maybe I just got lucky LOL

Yeah, I found it absurdly difficult; until the run I got good RNG and completed it.

Probably Crypt Keepers. It can be a frustrating delve because you’re basically just retrying until you get lucky with Lady Morana’s insta-kill, but with enough tries you can beat it even with a low hoard.

1 Like

I just tried that Delve yesterday. It’s probably stated elsewhere, but friendly reminder (I forget easily): Spectral Knight in final room hits for 128 base True dmg. Plan accordingly. gl hf

4 Likes

That video is just one fight, how are you saying it teaches how to beat pure faction? Is it supposed to be an April Fools joke? There are four rooms to beat before you even get to the boss room.

1 Like

The Warrens – Level 500 Pure Faction Attempts

I’ve been banging my head against the wall doing this delve with pure faction for the last few weeks. I have Hoard Level 199 with 50% Kingdom Bonuses. My Billy Kid Pan’s Vale pet is level 20, although my Hare-o-Plane pet from The Warrens is only level 5. I’m level 1467 and I’m near 45k Total Renown (so I have the +1 Magic from that) and I’m using 3x Nysha Medals. I’ve also tried using 3x Season medals for +12 to Attack, Life, and Armor, but I’m not entirely sure it matters. You’re trading a marginal amount of survivability for damage.

With 199 Hoard and 50% bonus, I’m gaining 108 Life and Armor, 54 Attack, and 27 Magic. I go into the fight with ~220 Armor and Life and my Luna deals just under 80 damage to all enemies.

My closest attempt was last night when I made it to the Boss room with I believe two troops left, but of course I died pretty quickly. It’s an incredibly brutal run made especially difficult because you have to go through 4 rooms to get to the boss room. Out of 20 delves (including the next one), only 4 of them require 4 rooms, 7 require 3 rooms, and 9 require only 2 rooms to reach the boss.

Some of the rooms are incredibly brutal to fight through. Glaycion can be instant death if he gets a cast off. Construct room with Dark Monolith can be instant death if he gets a cast off. The room with all true damage… I just skip that route entirely.

The pirates room, the fey room, the merfolk room – these are doable. Basically, any rooms that deal a TON of damage in skulls or abilities you want to avoid, because there is no health gain. Your two protections are:

• Dodging skull damage (20%)
  • Entangling/webbing/silencing enemies with Luna
  • Barrier with Luna or Lapina Knight

I tried running with 3x Luna and a Bunnicorn for many attempts, but it just wasn’t working. For starters, 3x explosions on yellow matches is too much RNG with skulls coming down and potentially wiping out a troop.

So I switched to running Lapina Knight, Luna, Bunnicorn, and Trickster. However, Trickster I never really cast unless I was desperate, because again, exploding the board is NOT what you want to do, it’s a good way to get your troops killed or give the enemy matches you don’t want.

The difference between running 4x unique vs 3x unique was like 11 Life, 11 Armor, 2 Magic, and 1 Attack or something close to that, so I think running Lapina Knight, Luna, Bunnicorn, and a second Luna in the back is the best.

Here are some things I’ve noticed from playing 3 delves a day in attempts…

• Skull damage is super important. You need to be constantly looking for skull matches because one skull match is about 100 damage against them, and YOU don’t want to be taking ANY skull damage from them.
  • Bunnicorn is essential because it generates yellow mana for your other troops AND it does massive damage. The enemy’s attack is significantly higher than yours and they’ll be doing that much to two troops.
  • Lapina Knight I really like. It’s a guaranteed status effect for your troops and allows you to single out important enemy troops. Also has 25% skull damage reduction. That means if a skull match gets through, if Luna would have taken 150 damage, Lapina Knight will only take ~112. That could end up being the difference between losing a troop and not.

The main problem I believe with this delve is the 4 rooms I talked about. That’s twice as many rooms as the majority of other delves that you need to survive through to get to the end boss. That means less attempts against the boss room with a full team. If they would redo this, I believe the delve would be a lot easier.

4 Likes

It was a sarcasm XD. I’ve tried about 2-3 weeks with 3 Luna’s praying for a great RNG, but nothing happened =\ I’m taking a break and trying Sunken Fleet (in my account) and Silver Necropolis (on Kira’s account) right now.

1 Like

As always…

2 Likes

Ive gave up 3x Luna strategy, it’s to much RNG to me. Her explosions always gives to AI a skull. After SF, probably I’m going to use Lapina, Trick, Bunny, Luna. Trick is good if you are facing Rock Troll or Wraith. Lapina is good for positive stats (less RNG involved) and skull resistance. Bunny for Mana generation and obviously cheap damage with charm. And Luna for AoE damage. I’ve reached to boss room with 3 troops a couple of times (3 Luna’s Strategy) but my video rules are (I) Reach to boss room with full team or (II) Beat the faction.

All credits to OnTheCan

3 Likes

Those Luna explosions…I was one skull match away from finishing The Dark King’s Hoard with full team. I match 3 yellow which should’ve caused 4 skulls to not only kill Draak but give me extra turn…kablooie, never happened, the skulls disappeared. As did two of my troops when Draak cast.

I hates Lapinases. I hates them forever. :axe::rage::shield:

Nice job on the Necropolis run Texugo. Lowest hoard level without potions for that delve, if I’m not mistaken?

Thanks =) but TheIdleOne still holds the WR with 100 True Hoard. My friend has spent deeds on Silverglade for +1 Magic. So, my True Hoard is 150+ =\

Tnx God :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’ve made it to the third room!

Edit: two skull drops happened, then Baby Dragon finished off my Lapina Knight. Awesome, another run ruined.

1 Like