Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Deathless =)

3 Likes
6 Likes

Deep Hive Pure Faction no Potions
Hoard 100. Drifting Sands lvl 14 for 50% bonus. For 150 hoard stats.
Nysha x2 & Anu

9 Likes

Had more trouble posting than the delve!

The Deep Hive completed.

As per @CrzBoarder - 100 hoard, 50% bonus, no medalled troops, 2 Nysha, 1 Anu and Ocularen Banner.

My video was 28 minutes due to a long battle vs a Forest Troll/Fungo team and a board full of green and avoiding FT.

3rd attempt at the faction. Raised normal delve progress in the weekend delve to 450, cleared those rooms normally the past couple of days.

Here are associated screenies;

Starting hoard today

Entering the Delve today

Existing Hoard

Kingdom Bonus

Grainy troop loadout minus medals

Some battle images

Hoho - tried for about 4 minutes to prevent this, but in the end, rofl. Cost me the first Queen B.

Next room was Golem Lab and at 17 minutes here…

These are from boss room.

28:14 in right hand corner…

Rooms

Opening ceremonial room
Forest Troll/Fungomancer and Co
Golem Laboratory
Cedric

Boss

Lost the QB in Forest Troll room.
Cedric, stopped him from casting the entire battle, while he was full. The purses cast once.
Final room, no right to win with only 2 QB, but tbh, you just need to stop theirs casting.

13 of 19 completed without potions, none completed with potions.

Had to spend more gems this weekend as a one-off to recover portal shards for future hoard increases. Since Friday event, had 10,282 shards or close to that, 9,874 at the moment. So despite my troops costing 9,000 shards for the event, I’m only down 400 from pre event. I had to also level using more Priests Chalices, but still only got 1 sacred treasure at the moment!

Now have to level the two terrible twins, Were and Lair… so won’t be any progress for a while. Hopefully can have a lot of treasures after doing them to maybe take on Sunken Fleet

On a side note, this delve is doable and anyone wanting a first attempt at a faction room, this has to be one of the better choices.

11 Likes

A much needed respite although 3 room level completion would have showed that some of what players struggle with (TIME) had been considered. Scarab tank plus 2 Beatrix in 3 and 4 made this relatively smooth. Beatrix in wars is gonna cause issues for sure esp in true damage killers. LD has a new sidekick for real.

1 Like

I would like to mention that there is now a Speedrun.com category for fastest completion of a Level 500 Delve. No potions, any kingdom/team/loadout, any Hoard level.

If anyone here would like to complete and submit a run, it would be greatly encouraged.

3 Likes

Xolid99 Strategy =)

3 Likes

Nice work. :grinning:

Did you finish it? :grinning:

1 Like

Not yet :upside_down_face:. I always stop in final battle with full team and make a video. I’m training to do it in my friend’s account. If I beat it in his account (like Wild Court) I’ll post a full version or just the final battle (im still deciding :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

Before I forget. This video teaches all skills you need to have to beat The Warren’s pure faction.

Happy 1st April guys.

5 Likes

amazing video Tex, I hope to one day become that good at Gems of War

1 Like

Dark Pits Hoard Level 180, Kingdom Level 15. Just does not have any chances at all. The CPU have too massive stats and is guaranteed too many hits. If I continue now I will start to hit my laptop again, and that will just be sad.

It’s insane how bitter taste in the mouth it leaves…

#THEPENALTYFORNOTGOINGALLINATFACTIONSRELEASEISUNREAL

2 Likes

There is no such thing as speed running based on RNG.

Everyone has the same RNG to contend with, so it’s a level playing field for a race :man_shrugging:

If it helps sunken fleet was the first delve release with potions available, dark pits didn’t have them yet for the weekend event… so the only alternatives are a Tuesday 1-day event or no-potion run, not sure which is more painful of the two

5 Likes

OMG, 1 bad decision (deny Street Thief’s Mana) almost ruined my run :sweat_smile:. New video with Cedric’s bug.

1 Like

Does the Cedric bug affect your damage in-match? Because I don’t think it affects how much gold you get after the match - I frequently collect less gold than indicated during a match when it occurs.

It does affect the ability for King of Thieves, yes. In-battle the bug seems to work “as intended,” but with a cap that’s too high. Then that is “corrected” by some sort of “true-cap” after the fact, ensuring no one gets too much gold :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Cleared Deep Hive as well, True Hoard 125 (Hoard 100, Kingdom level 12). Feels like easiest yet.

@xolid99, I’ll trade you my Warrens completion for your Dark Pits. :laughing: With a 250 True Hoard, I’m still getting fed into a meat grinder there.

Still 7 left to go w/o potions - I think I’m going to have to start taking some past Hoard 199 to have a shot.

1 Like

I can second Magnusimus’ experience. Normally the max amount King of Thieves can increase his stats if you have the moneybags trait is 103. I was actually surprised when he started adding something closer to the low-to-mid 200’s to all stats during each cast. It definitely made the faction run easier once you get past the Cedric room.

BTW, anyone have a ballpark hoard level to target for Sea of Sorrow? I initially thought my 175 hoard and 25% bonus (still need more blue deeds for the other bonus) would be good enough since the faction team has healers. The end room still destroys me rather quickly with all the true damage they do.

2 Likes