Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Did you ever consider waiting for it to be a Tuesday faction event and buying potions? That’s a high hoard level :dizzy_face:!

Setauri was really helpful in the last room.
Clear most skulls from board by hitting opponent or generate lots of red - wait for other Setauri to cast and immediately afterwards cast your own. If there are some bleeding units that should generate a least a 4-skull match. If there are multiple 3-skull matches left, generate reds or use Dargon to clear dangerous areas.
Dargons attack buff is the strongest asset of this team so skulls are needed.

1 Like

No, i did it for the challenge - there aren’t that many left for endgamers.

Just noticed you still have Wild Court on the list. I’ve completed that w/o potions, but I think several others have as well. Mine was with Hoard 188, Kingdom level 10, 1 Anu 2 Yasmine.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, interesting use of Setauri, to counter the opponent’s Setauri only. Did you find that more reliable than just having a second Dargon, in terms of clearing out skulls?

Maybe the stat buff from having 4 unique troops outweighs the benefit of having a second Dargon too. Either way, good info to have if/when I eventually try and tackle this delve.

How much gold and treasure does horde 300 cost? My Avg horde is 100 and I have over 34k renown. My guild is my gold priority; not banging millions at a ‘no potion’ team that the devs intend us not to win with.

The answer is “too much”.

2 Likes

It usually costs me about 4M to take each new delve to 200, and 300 is more than double the xp required for 200 so I would guesstimate about 10M.

No doubt a rhetorical question, but it largely depends on treasures used.

For instance, my ASE faction is at 353 (169/354). The next purchase would cost 356k regardless of treasure type if 5 are used. 5 ST would get it to 360 (170/361). 5 Lamps would get it to 356 (354/357). 5 Crowns would only get it to 354 (315/355).

I stop at hoard 100 now and put the gold saved into guild tasks. Lessons learned.

1 Like

It wasn’t rhetorical. I ask because I don’t have the desire or gems to hammer a 1 day faction event for the sake of a pet. I am absolutely disgusted that the devs see 10 hours of monotonous play and investment as the “solution” to completing factions. Totally immoral from every perspective.

8 Likes

Warrens Pure Faction (no potions)!!! Ugh
Eventually RNG may play in my favor. I actually was making it to the final battle, more consistently, back when my Hoard was below 250. Now it seems I just get worked on my 3 attempts every day. If I lose a troop, I just retreat.

Bunnicorn has all 3 medals and Luna has 2 medals.

My best effort, of course I wasn’t recording, but I made it to the final battle with all 4 troops. I managed to take down all except Luna, who eventually finished me off. That was about 2 weeks ago. Since, I haven’t even come close. I usually take the top route, but lately it seems that 2nd room is much tougher then I remember.

I know next Week’s Faction Assault is the Warrens, but I’m saving my gems for the new Faction and the next two Faction Assaults. Otherwise I would just give in and go for it on Tuesday. May have to wait till it comes back around in a few months.

1 Like

The next 4 Faction Assault Events, are the 4 Pure Factions I haven’t completed.

I was already planning on skipping Warrens, but may have to chose another to skip. I just don’t have the gems, nor can I sacrifice that much time in a day, 4 weeks in a row.

@CrzBoarder I feel your pain… I am trying to finish Warrens on a non-potion fraction run. I am up to Hoard 190 or so. I can get into the last room 50% of the time usually missing a troop or two. Came very close a few days ago, last skull hit win between the two bunnies and I lost. I, like you have the next 4 left on delves and will try and suck it up and plow through Fang Moor, Dark Pits and Fleet (though I think this can be done without potions).

On Strategies for Warren, I look at the two paths and avoid room with impervious troops, Dark Maiden (converts yellow), and dwarfs (no death mark), except for the Lady only room since that is doable. Any ideas on Warrnes is much appreciated and I am using luna/bunny/lunaX2. Thanks

2 Likes

As somebody who recently did just that (Luna/Luna/Bunny/Luna) with hoard 175 and all applicable deed bonuses (what equals to about hoard 250 or 260 without bonuses), I can give you this advice:
obtain the following - four leaf clover, golden horseshoe, fluffy & soft rabbit’s foot plus anything else of the similar kind you can get your hands on.
There’s really no viable strategy as it comes down to getting right beneficial effects for you, getting right debuffs for enemy, your Bunny not leaving a board full of yellow, your Lunas not setting up skulls for enemy after their explosions…you get the hint, don’t you?
That’s about it. I’m glad it’s over and I never have to touch Warrens ever again.

4 Likes

Pretty much what I figured was the case. I don’t have any of the kingdom bonuses yet. Those Yellow Deeds haven’t been appearing too often, and I dumped all mine into Whitehelm, for HOG.

Did anybody try and use Lapina Knight as the front troop? She at least has some skull reduction and allows you to use red mana, plus allowing you to get a 3 unique troop bonus. Just a thought.

I haven’t tried as the front troop, but have tried replacing a 3rd Luna with Lapina Knight in the 2nd or 3rd slot. It did provide an option for targeting a specific enemy, and was also more effective at adding additional protections to the team. However, I felt that it was just delaying the fight longer, and allowed for the board to fall into favor of the enemy, before you could do enough damage to the enemy.

2 Likes

@Mana_Surgeon I had the same thought and I tried a few times having Knight in the 1st slot and the damage is not that great and you only get 1 positive effect. The 25% skull reduction really is not too much to keep it alive and it could end up at the bottom coming out of the first room. Silence, Entangle, Death Mark, Barrier, Enrage, & Hunters Mark seem to be the key effects for a win and you can’t get 4 of those from the Knight. Just my 2c

1 Like

Warrens trouble. Which path to death do you choose?

For those tackling Warrens tomorrow. I wish you all good luck.
I’ll knock out the Faction Assault rewards, but I’m going to skip going for 500 Pure Faction tomorrow.

1 Like

that’s such a dead run lol. Tidal will be the end of you, but at the same time Lamias will more or less make sure you lose troops.