Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Thanks I’ll give it a go at some point this week.

What’s a good fang moor pure faction team please?

1 Like

So one of each. I was thinking 3 of the splash damage troop.

My winning team was Chief Dargon, Chief Dargon, Chief Dargon, Setauri (Red2/Yellow)
[6705,6705,6705,6703,3019,1,2,3,3,1,3,0,14025]
Hoard 246 + 50%

Setauri helps you to quickly kill armored troops and especially AI’s Dargon. If you can get to last room with 4 troops, you can exchange one Dargon for Horned Asp. Asp adds bleed status more reliably.

1 Like

What? You can’t change troops… and you aren’t killing anything in the delve using bleed, it’s all Skull damage.

1 Like

Keeping Bleed active can significantly improve the time it takes to win. And a faster battle means less chance of dying by skulls, so :man_shrugging:

I think the team I saw people use most often to succeed in Fang Moor is Dargon / Dargon / Asp / Shaman

1 Like

I posted my run and with video. I tried for weeks using a lot of different combinations and lower hoard levels. It just wasn’t going to happen.

There is a lot of luck involved, I will grant you that :sweat_smile:

Actually that is counter productive when Dark Monolith appears in two rooms quite often on the way. 1 bleed causes him to deal double damage and increases his magic each tick. I had terrible issues with that when doing it (from memory). That and the stupid troop that creates 30 reds and still doesn’t match any! :slight_smile:

I used that team. Worked great! Thank you. :grin::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Cool, let me know how it goes. I’m sure I forgot to mention some things, maybe a discussion will help trigger my memory lol.

1 Like

Sunken fleet not possible without potions or a giant hoard, I think…

How about The Warrens?

The Warrens is an excruciating pain when done “au naturel”. No healing, no summoning, five rooms to clear the delve. I did it with a hoard of 297 plus Kingdom Power Level 15 and maybe even some Artifact bonus thrown in for leavening. (I just don’t remember on the latter.) You probably have to get fortunate with the status effects generated by Luna and the Lapina Warrior, not to mention whatever the enemy delve troops throw at you and what the in-between rooms can do to screw you up. Though that last can be mitigated to an extent by your choice of path if you deliberately avoid certain rooms.

I’m working on Sunken Fleet now. I don’t believe it’s going to end up quite as bad as the Warrens, but there are a couple of ways things can go pear-shaped in a hurry.

I’ve cleared something like 18 delves with a faction team at Level 500 without potions. The Warrens is among the handful I’ve found the most aggravating through that process. The Werewoods and City of Thieves can give it a run for its money.

I did Warrens with 200 Hoard with Lapina, Bunny, Luna, Bunny. Bunnies do most of the damage and praying for useful effects from Luna!

1 Like

I’ve seen several people on the forum post about hoard level 297. Why would one stop there, rather than continuing to hoard level 298 for the extra magic? It’s even a double point (+2 to the stat) if you have the 50% hoard bonus from your kingdom.

1 Like

I wanna get Suncrest to 15 first but imperial deeds have seemingly disappeared.

It was done on Switch at least once with only 144 true hoard iirc (extreme luck, I imagine), but it’s actually easier than expected if you have 199 base hoard or kingdom levels to boost your stats enough to get the true hoard to about there.

Luck involved as with all factions — you need to loop with Sea Witch, and they need to falter — you need your Deep Kings to have good aim, and you need theirs to miss the mark, but :man_shrugging:

tl;dr: I’d consider Sunken Fleet a lot easier than The Warrens, personally.

3 Likes

I agree with this assessment of Sunken Fleet. I tried it on week 10 of the first campaign with 199 hoard + 50% bonus, and cleared it handily—I think I did not lose a single troop. Maybe I just got lucky, but I have no desire to go back and spend sigils to find out.

2 Likes

I did Sunken Fleet potionless with hoard 134 on the last week of first campaign. It took me about 8 tries I think. I used Maraji Queen, Drowned Sailor, 2x Water Elementals. I would only use Maraji Queen to finish the match or when there was only one alignment for doomskuls and only a few remaining green and skulls really far from each other. I don’t remember if I got any lucky kills with deathmark.

Warrens I tried for like 3 weeks, raising the hoard to 171 and the closest I got was killing Trickster and Bunnicorn on boss room. I don’t know if I was using 2x Bunnicorns, Luna, Bunnicorn or Bunnicorn, Lapina, Luna, Bunnicorn as I was always trying with one of these. Eventually I gave up and did with potions.

4 Likes