Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Now I’m dealing with Sunken Fleet (Hoard 232 atm), at least I reached the boss room a couple times, but not without lose troops along the way.
I also have Sea of Sorrow to get up to level 500 (did lv 260 today).
The last two, apart of new ones.

Ant tips for Amanithrax?
25-40 tries so far, 4x Gobtruffle. Hoard 111, kingdom bonus 50%.
Stat bonuses: 40 Attack, 30 Magic, 80 Life, 71 Armor
I would upgrade the hoard, but am resisting because somehow people are claiming this one is easy.
(Also need the treasures to move on to other factions eventually.)
Before the nerf, I once managed to get to the boss room with 4 truffles, but I would be lucky to get past 3 rooms with 4 troops in my last dozen tries.

Having a Mushroom Man up front can help. Trying to not cast until you have full troops can help. 3 Nyshas really helps.

Unfortunately the recent nerf to Gobtruffle really makes the pure faction harder (not that I agree with those who claim it’s the easiest — I think it’s easier than most, but).

3 Likes

My opinion is that Amanithrax used to be the strategy with the highest success rate (i.e. largest tolerance for error with RNG) for the amount of strategy required. With multiple Gobtruffles, you didn’t need to agonize over whether a move would lead to a multi-skull cascade and end your run early. You just fired Gobtruffle over and over again and whittled down the AI team in a sequence of extremely long turns. The new Gobtruffle cost definitely reduces the margin for error in how the RNG can spawn the gems, so I can understand how it might feel harder these days.

(I have to admit, I did wind up boosting my hoard to 199 and leveling Zaejin to 14 when I attempted a pure faction run, because I had more gold than patience.)

2 Likes

Went with 1x Mushroom Man, 2x Gobtruffle, 1x Fungomancer (or maybe 3x gobtruffle + fungomancer)

Entered boss room with something like 2x gobs + fung.
Used Fung to transform enemy Gobtruffle into Mushroom Man (and in earlier battles to transform some annoying troops). Also transformed enemy Fung.

Hoard 100, with Zaejin lvl 15.
But it was done before GT nerf. Not sure how much difficulty went up.

E: sorry, checked it and my Hoard in Amanithrax is 103… but that doesn’t change that much… (4 extra points into stats…)

1 Like

From memory: I had hoard 100 Zaejin lvl10, pre-nerf, three Gobtruffle one Exploadstool.

I don’t think this is the “very” easiest at all, even when I did my 500 run it took a lot of attempts and the lengthy path offers many ways to get screwed over. Tinker Town and Illithia were both more along the lines of “one or two attempts” (though Tinkertown did take ages on that).

2 Likes

I did the Silver Necropolis Delve on my alt last week, and thought I had enough Life and Armor to survive two hits by Vanya. And yet, one hit and I was doomed to die on her next cast.

Had I really failed at the maths that badly? Max buff was +12 per blessed, because hers doesn’t count once she cast. What I failed to realize was that the middle room was Dark Cabal, and her magic kept getting buffed each time Necrocorn and others cast. The paths we choose (chose?) in life, echo in eternity. Chose (choose?) wisely. I always confused. For the Horde.

3 Likes

Has anyone finished (or was trying) to finish the Horned faction (Labyrinth) without potions?

1 Like

Scroll up a bit to find my last post in this thread (19 days ago) - it describes my potionless experience with the delve.

3 Likes

For a second there I thought I read pointless experience, sorry about that. My judgment of this delve made me fool my eyes

8 Likes

You wouldn’t be wrong :rofl:

3 Likes

Having completed all potionless before it and none with potions, the fact I haven’t even tried to do it potionless says all you need to know. It’s not worth a microcosm of energy to even try it, it’s a lol from the devs.

I read someone somewhere on here recently going on about the devs potentially increasing delve difficulty later down the line…

That’s how to break the game and players playing.

There is a difference between a challenge and someone designing something that’s beyond stupidity.

Like playing golf with a football…

1 Like

How would they increase the difficulty with less than a dozen left, especially for those who already have them done?

…you know, as I think about it, making each faction worth 5k renown wouldn’t be something I’d hate, as long as Pure Faction wasn’t included (or if there were other mitigations to make it more reasonable).

I dunno, I’m sure there is a direct correlation to money spent (forget gems for now) the harder the delve is. So, a harder faction would generate more income.

Ways they could do that, not giving them any clues :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if the next kingdoms/factions - the sky rumour or whatever it could be, would tie into renown, maybe the way you point out, and that those sky kingdoms could require normal and pure to complete. All hypothetical, I’m sure they will do it differently, might be something completely separate.

I could go with a higher renown for stats, /g per hour, ingots, maybe tokens per day(?), without pure too though. I mean 1 Nysha token a day is actually not going to break anything any time soon, as no doubt any additional kingdom type situation will create more troops and move the goalposts out of the stadium :slight_smile:

1 Like

Already done in current kingdoms: 29-stars, if I remember correctly, require 2500 renown in the respective faction. It’s still quite a distance down the road, but…

:slight_smile: Yeah I was thinking more like what @Magnusimus mentioned and beyond 2.5k renown in future…

All hypothetical! :smiley:

Tinfoil hat personal opinion time, but that’s exactly my expectation at the moment. Look at the Power requirements for 25+. Players need a 4th mythic pet. Besides cosmetics that are not supposed to count towards pet requirements, the broad general formula for the 3 pets requirement is (2 Krystaran Kingdom Pets + 1 Underworld Faction Pet). So, without needing to reinvent the wheel, the logical solution for the 4th pet is simply to add 1 Third-Map Faction Pet to the formula.

On difficulty increases, just as players’ power levels increase over time with powercreep so can the difficulty tuning of delves. Currently, for the audience of this forum, a general expectation of Level 14 for the associated Kingdom to a delve for the +50% hoard bonus is reasonable to expect. Delves being released could very well be tuned against that measurement point. As eventually players will achieve the +75% and +100% faction bonuses, as well as Kingdom Team Bonus V, the devs could adjust the base difficulty of future delves to compensate. That would have the effect of newer delves appearing to be harder than older delves where stat/faction bonus power creep would clearly work in favor of players.

2 Likes

I’m still working on it - it’s a rough one. I’m currently at Hoard 243, Kingdom 15. I can consistently get out of the starting room with a full team in the correct order, but there are several #2 and #3 rooms that are guaranteed to take out a troop or two.

I’ve made it to the final room with a full team a few times, but haven’t been able to get ahead of the Horned Guardian curve fast enough, so it ends up with both HG staring at each other with 1000 armor and barriers. I think it’s possible at or near this hoard, but will take a very lucky run - similar to Fang Moor.

3 Likes

Beat Duergaroth Pure Faction 500 with no potions (Hoard 199, 50%, 2 Nysha/1 Anu, the usual stuff)

You’ll take some damage, but overall its easy.

Deep Golem
Deep Dwarf
Nyar’Mel
Nyar’Mel
The Cavernous Banner

Deep Golem making barriers is the key to this faction. It makes your troops difficult to kill.

Deep Dwarf color denies enemies and/or setups up your units. I did find myself converting Green to Brown semi-often.

Nyar’Mel seems like the better choice for damage as an enemy Dark Smith makes more Armor.

Other than that, there’s not much more to say. Keep your barriers up and focus enemies down with True Damage. In the last room, I’m still not sure if Nyar or Dark Smith make for a better target. In theory, Nyar is more “dangerous” (but can only really fill on Red Mana), but Dark Smith is easier to fill and pops more barriers. Tough call.

17 Likes

First attempt with hoard 111+50%; the same team and medal setup as @TheIdleOne mentions, but with Abyssal (+2 purple/+1 red/-1 yellow) banner instead.
In the boss room, I mostly focused on Nyar’Mel just for safety’s sake.

Originally planned to go with Deep Smith but, after more thinking, chose double legend. Smith is really the odd man out. Him doing ordinary damage while Nyar’Mel goes true damage does not seem like a good synergy; add to it that - either damage, or buff armor, with your damage being less than enemy armor gain and your armor gain not being that significant because you rely on barriers from Golem whenever possible…he’d be just holding everybody back.

I guess hoard level 100 is entirely doable, no need to go further for those who prefer as low hoard as possible.

11 Likes