Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

If you haven’t been here from the start, doing every sigil you can, you’re seriously behind, unfortunately.

The only way to get more treasures effectively is to do every Tuesday Faction assault sigil — and if you spend some gems, you’ll get more, but then you’re spending gems.

Daily deals aren’t much of a deal, because you’re spending gems.

But if you’ve already maxed out renown as far as you can manage, then farming is your best bet, as you’ve already deduced. 3 sigils a day with full-clear in City of Thieves should net you ~200 chaos shards a day, on average, I’d think.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Yeah, I think you’re on the right track, sadly. Agreed with doing Tuesday Faction Assaults, esp. if your Hoards are Q. 10. I’d only buy one Tier at most, and if necessary, occasionally two if I’m having a bad day or in a rush :sweat_smile:. Sometimes 0 Tiers are required (Timeknight and maybe someone else have some good spreadsheets on this).

Quality 10 is a great point — so basic I assumed it was already done, and so I neglected to mention it.

But for sure — if you’re using sigils before you’ve upgraded your hoards, you’re getting way less tray-zure at the end, so don’t do that :joy::+1:

2 Likes

I guess since they mentioned levelling Hoards to 100 with Chalices it’s a pretty safe bet :stuck_out_tongue: but I guess just in case or as a general note for anyone else who chances upon this :stuck_out_tongue: ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

There are quite a few Delves that can be done Pure Faction with Hoard 100, and quite a few that require Hoard 300. As others have mentioned, @TimeKnight has a pretty cool spreadsheet highlighting those by difficulty. If i did Internets well, I’d post a link. But the forum update confuses me, and while there is a work around, I don’t like doing extra work…

As far as Pure Faction runs go, I do one at 100 to get a feel for the troops, and 1 at 300 so that the pet is Legendary once I complete a standard run at 500. There is no point in doing Pure Faction at any other level besides the final run at 500.

Good luck to you.

3 Likes

I like your advice, but I suggest doing pure faction runs at 100, 200, 300, and then 500. Doing the 200 and 300 runs gets you epic and legendary pets (respectively), which are worth a few extra stat points. That may help squeak out a victory in the final run, or in the later PF runs.

2 Likes

I can confirm I sometimes squeak when I win :stuck_out_tongue: just like my friend, Chunky, the squeakiest of them all.

2 Likes

2100 renown gets you epic pet, 2300 gets you legendary.

PF 300 is extremely difficult to any non endgamer. That’s why I recommend just be happy with 2100 total renown from each faction until you reach end game.

2 Likes

Mother flipper. Guess I have been wasting my time these last 20 factions…

2 Likes

I find 200 is good practice for 500. 100 tends to be too easy to understand the troops (and 300 is too hard non-potion for some of these factions)

1 Like

I prefer to do a 340/350 pure run. Than when i’m doing 500 run i do it as Pure, without the need of doing standard 500 run. Being at 490 with perfect run and 340 pure faction gives you excalty 2300 reown you need to get faction pet to legendary.

As for potionless runs → my guildmate isn’t focused on maxing reown ASAP, so he is doing PF with daily sigils right from the start… so he slowly inceases the difficulty of faction runs. Once he does PF500, he finished it with non-faction troops for perfect run. But that’s not optimal in terms of time/resources or anything.

Fixed that for you :sweat_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (sorry, I mean no offence, but I do think that makes life a little bit more difficult by having to attempt PF 340-350 instead of 300, when a standard 500 run is usually just one extra Sigil and generally much easier).

@Jonathan,

When doing runs with potions on release i tend to min-max time spent on GoW, so 1 extra run is basicaly few minutes of my life saved. Difficulty between 300 and 350 is neglible, assuming i’m going for PF500 on same weekend anyway…

Now, if we speak about potionless runs, using daily sigils: it’s basicaly 100,300,500, eveything else is waste of time. But during faction release event it’s more time-efficent to do 340 instead of 300 :wink:

1 Like

Only if you plan on not using your leftover sigils. Also, if you lose a troop in your PF run (almost a certainty) you will then need to do a deathless 500 run anyway.

I usually dont have leftovers and if i do i usualy leave them (no profit from my point of view… ).
As for 2nd part → few times i’ve used my last sigil for winning PF500, while loosing some troops.

So if i have to chose: spend 200 gems or use my daily sigils for making Perfect 500, i prefer daily sigils… 200gems saved :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah my main way of doing delves until now has been PF at 300 then 500. I don’t do 100 cause it makes no difference really and just a waste of time (and you might also lose).

I have seen the list of factions as they’re mentioned but I do not agree on all of those. I’ve done 15 s ofar but many that are left are hard. Both Sunken Fleet and Stonesong Eyrie I got Hoard to almost 300 I think before winning those. I’m doing All-Seeing Eye and it’s too RNG to be easy for me even tho people say it’s not the hardest. I agree, except enemy boss room kills you in like two hits so it’s either get lucky or die. Basically same as any other delve in the end.

Right now I’m upping CoT cause I know you always have the level 50 to fall back on and I can farm that comfortably anyway so might as well save some time by upping that one to 290 as well. I have all the others at 290 waiting that 300 PF clear before continuing upwards…

I’d rather farm treasures at this point that hit my head against the wall and hope to manage on a lower hoard. Done that already too many times.

2 Likes

Been struggling with Lyrasza’s Lair for ages now… Hoard 217, Kingdom level 15. Been using 3 Dementiore and Lyrasza… Any advice?

Like you I’ve been struggling with it too (was going to take advantage of this Tuesday’s potion run) but my best runs potionless so far were 2 Dementicore, Troll, Lyrasza (or switching the last 2 in case I have to go through teams that hit the last spot). Given her storm, the Troll at least usually gets me mana and an extra turn to help refill everyone.

I have tried Chaos Hound too but it has helped as much as hurt. Troll at least usually got me an extra crack at RNG failing me :slight_smile:

I’ll have to see about using troll!

@NerdieBirdie @Karatori

I beated Lyrasza’s with

Dementicore
Dementicore
Lyrasza
Chaos Hound

Hoard 284 (my highest so far) and Shentang level 14 last Tuesday event (August 2020).

Took me 4 months of attempts before and raising the hoard constantly.

Chaos Hound for summons (out of his 33% chance). And he has Death Touch, that can be applied on the Troll and Lyrasza.
Actually I remember that the enemy Lyrasza got deathmarked and killed on my winning run.
I lost the Dementicores in 3rd battle (against the Wolf Pack).

2 Likes