Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Werewoods down, potionless.

Very nearly did it yesterday as shown, will delete that now.

I had been using Werebird, Werebear, Tobern, Werecat and the Meteor banner for most of my efforts. Very handy for Tobern’s.

Drawback was the weakness of the bird to skulls at faction 500 and agile on opponents. The advantage was obviously Hunter’s Marks. However with Tobern able to hunter’s mark the first two on cast, and sometimes having 3 or even 4 Toberns, I figured the Bear, would work better with guaranteed hit with first enrage if you explode him. He also has a measly 20% skull protection, which is better than 0.

Also, get something in the banner to help fill it. The standard Werewoods banner

So went with;

Werewoods Banner, 2 red, 1 green, -1 blue

Werebear
Werebird
Tobern
Werecat

A lot of stats from 4 troops and max pet, 50% bonus. Hoard 220. I figure it is doable sub 200, but for me it was irrelevant if I want to do all without ever beating them with potions. Time/speed of winning with daily delves is better for this method.
2 MoS, 1 Anu

Gold Werebird/Werebear - didn’t bother with Cat or Toby.

Shard situation, spent 11k shards to raise the hoard.

Out of first room, with no changes to the team. In here, the strategy is not to allow their Bear to hit you while it’s enraged. So, take him out without using explode on your bear if you can, then explode once you have hunter’s on the Werebird.

Don’t think anything transformed.

Second room - Faery Ring

Main issue - Glitterclaw at the back and Toadstool transforming.

Went through fairly easy, crashed Tobern to stop Glitterclaw, making sure no skulls align, so no blue for it to convert. Once you kill Fey Cap, only enchant on red for them, so you can force fire Tobern’s to try and get any changed troops back, with full health. A few changes, had 2 bears and no Tobern at all at the end.

Third room - Viper’s Nest - possibly easier than some of T4 rooms, pretty convincing beat down of that, but order ruined. 2 Tobern’s, 2 Bird’s. I hit Venoxia for 800 skull damage though with a large swathe of brown to skulls.

Next room 4, Witches Coven T3

Aanother transform, and after a cast of Bear, it changed to Tobern. There followed at least 10 agiles from Sylvasi, even aligning 16 skulls on brown, it agiled 3 of the 4 matching 4 matches of skulls. In the end, I nearly killed Hag before it with chip damage from bird and cat.

Boss room

First Tobern changed to a cat early on, not much use I thought… stats down a little, but 2 x Tobern could raise them sharp.

but he does triple damage with 13 red… so fired on their Cat, ignored that 6 damage Bear so as not to waste a full load of Tobern on 6 health.

It worked out, did that twice to within 2 lots of skull matches to kill it. My Cat did turn into a
Tobern on 2nd cast, but board very heavy for Tobern. Then started casting 2nd Tobern with first full, to try and keep at least 1 Tobern.

AI Tobern didn’t cast once.

3 left now, not quite sure where to go Lair, Warrens or SoS. Hoards are all 100, so need some investment! :slight_smile:

11 Likes