Dear Devs, thank you!

Oh yeah… One more thing. Even if this true, that doesnt justify name-calling.

Thats the problem with people… You say “you bring it on yourself” to justify namecalling as tho it makes it not against the rules.

How would that work for other things?

Billy slapped bobby so bobby murdered billy… But billy brought it on himself… Lol sounds stupid huh?

1 Like

This is what makes me laugh the best Brudda @Vangor You are the long neck, Argentinosaurus, and these little muppets who always tries to take you down by calling your names and always tries to get a bite on you, these small Allosauruses, but no matter how much they try they cant take you down, because you are simply superior to them…

musehale

1 Like

Judging from what I’ve seen/read since 7.30 this morning (now 20:05) I would have to say yes, perhaps it is the majority opinion. I do believe your opinion counts, they all do when something like this happens. I’m grateful for enjoying the game for so long, that’s why I’m so very sad this has happened. Sorry if you felt offended and I hope no more people walk away.

I think there are positive and negative changes to the new UI. I do appreciate the team trying to improve the game and all the hard work that goes into updating this game.

We as players don’t always know the big picture that the developers have for a game. It is their game to shape and create as they want (for good or bad). If you don’t like the direction they are going, you can voice your opinion but should be aware that not every player shares your opinion.

The tough thing for me to accept is that they are releasing it in sections instead of waiting until they had the full UI updated. The new look is very different but I feel with some tweaks, it can be changed to be more widely accepted. Mostly with the readability issues.

I like the UI better on my xbox than my alt game on android… But a lot of the hate is over font / font color, and that’s easily fixable.

2 Likes

I really like the new changes and I think they are a good start in a good direction. In their steam update notes, it’s stated that the screens that don’t have overhaul will have it shortly, so the mix-match will be resolved shortly enough, I imagine.

2 Likes

I totally agree! I’m a big fan of the new interface. My only complaint is with the number displays on the troops, but that seems like an easy fix.

1 Like

The issue with complains about the UI is that they have been repetead ad nauseam:

• in X different threads
  • by Y different players

If someone already said something that you were going to say, you can just like his post better than repeat the same sentences…

I’m not a fanboy who accept whatever devs will do, but in this case, they did some choice (ie changing the UI) and they will not go back.
We are not talking about nerfing a troop which can be done in 5 minutes by one dev, we are talking about an huge investment (X devs working for Y months = lots of pesetas).

1 Like

This is the important part. As much as many people (myself included) think the UI belongs in a Sci-fi game and not a fantasy game, we’re stuck with it. Every major change that has caused a significant backlash on the forums has stuck, regardless of what forumers say/vote/etc, with the exception of the harshness of the Gem nerf. Rolling back an entire user interface is not going to happen.

The best thing we can do is ask for rapid quality of life fixes, like fixing the text being almost invisible on light-colored backgrounds and the other things that people are reporting that cause them eyestrain, or the issues with dungeons not loading properly on mobile. Things like those make sense to put on the devs’ radar because they’re legitimate problems.

3 Likes

I agree that it’s unlikely that anything we say or do here will cause the team to revert to their previous UI. Hopefully it demonstrates, however, that their new UI wasn’t ready, and that they need to accelerate fixes for it to make their game usable again.

I’ve actually never seen this big a turnout before on the forum complaining about anything. Lots of new faces; it’s a shame that most are motivated by dissatisfaction. I hope some of them stay to enrich the community after this whole thing blows over.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m hoping we get fixes to some legitimate problems with the UI in a timely manner. Not holding my breath though with how long Impervious took to fix.

Not sure about the “Sci-fi” game: it’s less fantasy for sure, but that doesn’t mean it’s more Sci-fi.
More modern and I will agree :slight_smile: .

So yeah we want from an old-fashioned MtG-like cards to a more modern version. I think it’s nice and I understand what devs want with that: give a lifting to their game to attract new players.

The mistake was/is to release a version with both styles…

This is why a lot of people are complaining. GoW is a swords-and-sorcery fantasy game. The UI looks like it belongs in a Star Wars mobile game, or in a really bland OS. The clash of styles is really off-putting, as many people have mentioned. I don’t think people are fundamentally opposed to a new UI, they just want a UI that stays true to the theme of GoW.

Unless we’re going to get rocketships, lightsabers, and storm trooper armor next?

there was that time they were about to destroy crimson bat,everyone complained and they went back on it.so…something

Once again, I don’t catch why less fantasy should imply more sci-fi.

Devs didn’t put new elements, they just remove the fantasy ones. So the new style is maybe lacking originality or personality, but don’t look like for me a sci-fi one…

Looking less like a fantasy game could be an opportunity for them to attract new players, I guess.

cough Goblin Rocket cough :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll take a lightsaber

1 Like

The whole original post can be taken two ways.

One way, is just someone posting to say they like the new look being implemented.
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking the new style. Some will and some won’t, that’s life.

The other is that it is a thank you note for the developers, for this new interface.
The current interface is an absolute mess, old and new style clash like hell, and makes the game look like a mess.

No developer in their right mind would and should ever release anything in this state to their customers, and hence, thanking them for that is a disservice to all gamers alike.

And Vangor. I got no clue what is going on with you… but imo, you need help.
I never called you a troll, I said you were trolling. Which you have been doing for months, and which people keep telling you. Maybe it’s time to start wondering why people say/think this, instead of repeating “I’m not a troll” over and over again.

If you wanted to make this forum a better place, then you could have PMed your fellow guildy to say what you wanted to say. Or, you could have put your 2 cents in and left the drama at the door.
But you didn’t, instead you do what you do, where each post is reply bait, trying to keep arguments going for as long as you can.

I have let it slide many many times before, due to our history. But enough is enough.
It is really sad to see someone who was so nice in game, become such a menace on these boards.

You post handful of posts on how you hate name calling, and then you like Eika’s post who actually does name call everyone who calls you on your behavior “little muppets”.

I know this is how Eika and you actually view yourself.
I’m just here to say, if everyone is telling you one thing. Maybe start wondering why that is, instead of sitting around the campfire with your “bruddas”, and complain about all those little muppets.

My final 2c,
Enjoy!

2 Likes

We’ve already had one rage quit within a couple hours of the new UI release and several that are retiring at the end of the week.

It’s great that many of us might like or dislike the new UI. The key I see is there are those unlucky actually suffering from eye strain and I think someone had headaches too.

So something really needs to be done.

I have absolute faith the devs will improve things. We won’t get the old UI back, though. So first let’s focus on not literally hurting some of the player base first and go from there.

The new color counts are great. I appreciate that feature that I and many others were asking for. Also the new filters on the troop screen are a great improvement.

Devs said that a patch was submitted and could in the best case be released next week.
The patch should contain some fixes of the readibility issues.

2 Likes