Data gather: team power

Unfortunately not. It looks like it might be a case of it’s based of the % increase in mana surge, rather than mana masteries directly, which are subject to diminishing returns.

Hmm if this is the case there might be a correlation to the mastery % formula. We should run what masteries we have with the points we have gathered so far to see if they match up.

Yup, that was why I put my values in my data dump post at the bottom, so we had a fixed number based on the values I’d posted for team score.

SURGE CHANCE = MASTERY/(100+MASTERY)
This is the mastery formula i have for % values. Not sure if still the same but it might be.

oh really? I’ll take a look at it when I finish my current battle

1 Like

Was changed it seems. I some how missed this post (and the one you linked) in my searching earlier today but:

Gives a possible updated one

CHANCE = (LIMIT * MASTERY) / (MASTERY + DECAY)

New: LIMIT = 0.73 & DECAY = 62
Old: LIMIT = 1 & DECAY = 100

This seems reasonably accurate based on my current masteries.

I will run the formulas you have given on my (not super) computer.

EDIT: I have no idea how much mastery people get up to, so I’ve only put it to 150 for now, but it’s easy enough to extend it.

EDIT2: Moved the spreadsheet to just a link, because it was playing havoc with scrolling through the thread.

Some mana masteries match up with the data i have for my masteries if i round them.

Yeah I’m guessing the game will only show the nearest whole number, but probably uses a number of decimal points in it’s actual calculations.

I’m betting the formula is linear in either total mastery or total percentage surge chance. In that case we could figure it out with just three data points.

In the name of science, here are my numbers:

Base score: 2771 (2*T_1 - T_2, where T_1 is the team score with one troop and T_2 is the score with a second copy of that same troop — it’s what you would see if you could somehow not have any troops in a team)

Masteries: 128 / 139 / 129 / 137 / 149 / 138 (total 820)

Surge chance: 49 / 50 / 49 / 50 / 51 / 50 (total 299)

Level: 373

All kingdoms at level 10 (but none at five stars), which at 40 points each is 920 points of my base score. That leaves 1851 points of my base that come from masteries/level.

Edit: after going up one level and putting a point into green mastery, (137 → 138), my base score is now 2774. Very weird, since my surge chance didn’t change.

1 Like

My stats for when I did the dump are in the post as well. So need one more.

Also I’m guessing linear based on increase in surge chance

Leveling Stormheim from level 9 - 10 gave me 40 points. For reference Stormheim is a Life bonus kingdom.

My Mastery went from 65 to 66.

As this seems to be the same increase as @Ashasekayi experienced in going from 5-10, my current theory is that Kingdom Mana bonuses do NOT count towards team score (but of course the stat bonus at level 10 does, at the score of 40 points).

Now the next thing to check would be whether Guild based mastery bonuses count. So if anyone is a GM of a guild and can test this when they next have the option to increase their guild’s masteries that would be great.

I’ll be testing classes again in a couple hours when my free change is back up. Also going to see about levels and Stars if I can.

1 Like

Hmm. My base score varies. Earlier it was 2771, then I leveled up and it increased to 2774. I just checked again and it’s down to 2557. I did some PVP, but it was all wins on invades. Not sure how/why my score should decrease under those conditions.

1 Like

The problem with trying to figure out the formula for team score now is that the devs are probably still experimenting with the formula and/or data.

1 Like

Leveling from 126 → 127 gave me 5 points on my team score. Leveled green mastery from 83->84 (22->23 on hero mastery alone).

I think the number is going to be somewhere between 3 and 5, and probably changing based on a scale. But still not quite sure how. (I think the difference between the 5 and the 4 from my previous level were probably due to rounding).

I’ve been playing with numbers a bit, and made some random guesses:

So another theory from me…

Assumptions:

• Kingdom mana bonuses do not contribute to team score (I guess they get rolled into the 40 from the stat bonus at level 10 or something)
  • Guild Mana bonuses do contribute, possibly at the same rate as hero ones, possibly at different ones.
  • The Mana mastery team score multiplier is somewhere between 5 and 3, on a sliding scale that slows down once it gets closer to 3. Picked 4.33 as an average number to represent it.

And if we extend the Mana mastery multiplier out to a large number of decimal places (since the assumption is that it’s 4.33 reoccurring)

It gets VERY close. Now I haven’t tested this on other troops yet (will do so in a bit) but this is my current theory. I’m curious if others can test it and see if it works out for them.

Edit: checked with a legendary at level 5 with no traits and same results. Will keep testing.

EDIT2: Legendary level 19 3 traits also checks out.

EDIT3: Team of 4 troops of the same kind seems to check out as well. So I’m reasonably confidant that this formula is correct… FOR ME. Would like others to test it and see if they get similar results of entirely different ones. @killerman3333 and @Grundulum want to give it a shot and see? :wink:

EDIT4: Works on different troop compositions as well! Note: Team bonuses don’t seem to affect it.

3 Likes

If I use just my hero and guild masteries (ignoring class and kingdom masteries), and I multiply by 13/3, I get the reduced base score of 2557 I mentioned a couple of posts up.

You might be on to something, here.

Edit: still doesn’t explain my 200-point fluctuations, but it does explain the rest.

1 Like

I have noticed that team score changes between what part of the game you are in, pvp invade gives one value, pvp defence gives another and i believe challenges give a third. This could explain the discrepancy. I am lost on what the rest of the formula is for team score as this is getting harder to understand from my end. Might take me a while to review and test though.

Preliminary Team Score Calculator based on the formula we have so far:

Since Discourse auto embeds Google Spreadsheets you should be able to just use it below in the post, however anyone can edit it, so if more than one person is using it at a time then they will overwrite each other’s changes. If you want to make sure this doesn’t happen to you, feel free to make a copy of the spreadsheet using the link below.

Instructions: Fill in the information in the White boxes, Team Score should update automatically as you go. For Rarity you can type in the rarity, but just to be on the safe side with capitalisation and spelling, I’ve set it up as a drop down list as well. The order you put the masteries in doesn’t matter as long as they’re all in there. The values can be found on your Hero Screen when it cycles through what makes up your total mastery.

2 Likes

Bump, did anyone get a chance to test whether the formula/calculator works for them?