Daily Troop Discussion!

True, keeps some balance.

I think they should change it as even more so in Arena you can never get skull transform off! As in I’ve never got to pick both her and Mummified King :grin:

She’s pretty bad.
A specific converter with a bonus depending on a rare effect? Not cool.
I admit I don’t know where to start aside from a full rework.
First, make it a specific converter (you pick the gem or color).
If by any chance an ally is deathmarked… summon an Random Apocalypse troop.

BERSERKER

IMG_3044

I think his attack gain needs to scale better (1/2 Magic perhaps?). Also needs to Enrage after cast!

5 Likes

I was thinking something like:

Enrage myself, gain (magic/2 attack + 4), take 5 damage. If in front position generate 9 skulls.

Then switch his base rarity with Ice Witch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s no saving the Berserker…

Make it enchant itself so that it can keep berserking (thematically).

1 Like

It’s been a while, so here’s one I’ve been thinking about recently.
QUEEN AURORA

Troop_K26_07

Mythic Silverglade Divine-Beast

Rainbow Spirit (24 Green/Yellow/Purple)
Give all other allies Barrier and [Magic + 1] Life. Create 10 Gems of a chosen Color.
(Warded, Arcane, Rainbow Link)
MAX Attack:17 Life:36 Armor:15 Magic:6

2 Likes

Could also get Cleanse all allies in her spell, and change Warded trait with Impervious trait.

2 Likes

I’d settle for the effect applying to her as well, or any form of self-defense. Not a fan of seeing her last alive, and not being able to do anything at all. Even Celestasia can self-barrier on 4/5 match.

3 Likes

Agree with this and with Eika. I feel she needs a cleanse and should also apply heal to herself. Arguably, lady anariel is a stronger loop-healer.

I also think her gem generation is weak. I get that the Devs don’t want her to be able to loop forever, but it sucks that the trolls are far more reliable mana casters at just over half the cost. QA often fails with 14 gems on the board; the trolls hardly ever do. And yes, QA can choose any colour but in practice the colour is chosen for you as you almost always want to cast whichever colour is the most dominant on the board at that point in time.

Plus we already have a looping mythic which not only self loops but utterly destroys the enemy - Yasmine’s Chosen.

I’d happily trade QA’s barrier for a more reliable gem spawn spell.

3 Likes

Its the same problem as I often find with Yasmine’s Chosen. 10 a little too short, maybe create 12? Even Elspeth that has empowered creates 11, but cant compare her too much with the others.

Elemaugrim has potential to create 12 purple, if one are not up against anyone that runs troops who is immune to burning. Maybe find a way so Aurora and Yasmine has the potential to create 12 gems as well?

1 Like

For me, Yasmine is slightly different as she does so much damage. You can cast green seer or forest troll first, and then often loop Yasmine 3 or 4 times.

Maybe the question is: " is QA primarily a mana generator or a healer?"

For me, she should be a mana generator. I get that you can bring a transformer or a troll to then increase her chance of a loop, but looping yourself loads of life and barriers is not as useful as looping loads of damage and entangles (Yasmine)

1 Like

Maybe the second part of her spell should be:

Choose a colour. If there are 10 or more gems of that color, create 2 more. Create 10 gems of that color_

2 Likes

My 3 suggestions for Queen Aurora:

1. Lower mana cost to 22
  2. Give all allies (including herself) barrier, cleanse, enchant, and some life, create about 12 gems of a chosen color
  3. Swamp Warded with one of these traits (Nimble, Indigestible or Impervious)

Right now Queen Aurora seems like a more expensive Unicorn to me.

3 Likes

Instead of creating any gems at all, she could Enchant all allies, or give all other allies each X mana (or X mana randomly distributed amongst them), or she could destroy X random gems of each color - there are plenty of ways she can be a “mana battery” that don’t run as high of a risk of setting up a 4-of-a-kind for the AI.

2 Likes

That’s the crux of it, isn’t it? 21 life and barrier isn’t worth it for the risk. Cascades can easily undo that hard work in a single turn, especially if you’re playing against meta troops like kraken and Mab. She’s a mythic, but her spell backfires so frequently that I never want to cast it.

Scorpius and Doomclaw might not have great spells, but Aurora’s is downright dangerous.

I agree that her spell is risky.
Here is my take, if its risky… fine, but the pay off should be well worth it, otherwise, as a base mythic her spell should make her above and beyond other troops.

Here would be my suggestions given her mana cost of 24:

1. Give ALL allies, Barrier, Submerge and [Magic + 1] Life. Create 13 gems of a chosen color.

OR

1. Give all other allies Barrier and [Magic + 1] Life. ALL allies gain 7 mana.

Option 1 makes her a more devoted healer/protector with a decent chance to proc an extra turn and fill some troops.

Option 2 keeps her a meh healer but makes her a reliable mana generator, giving each ally including herself a decent push forward.

2 Likes

Wow, enchant all would be proper awesome!

I like the Cleanse, Barrier and Enchant all allies (self included). Keep the Life Gain and tweak the gem spawn a bit, maybe increase to 11.

1 Like

I use Aurora in both Yellow and green GW days, with Forest Guardian.
I think Aurora is well balanced in the current state of the game and doesn’t need changes. However, Death Mark was quite prevalent when she was released, I’m pretty sure devs only chose to give her warded because of it. Maybe change it to something that would increase her durability like invigorate would be more apropriate.