Daily Troop Discussion!

I don’t think there’s anything they can do to make the “A or B or C or D or E” troops remotely viable for endgame, short of completely rewriting their spells. They’re just too unpredictable for practical use. I can’t comment on how the troop feels at early- or midgame, though.

2 Likes

looks like with all these OR’s its too little reliable and therefor I think most OR troops should have two OR in their skills at most, not 3 or more.

@Lyya you that knows about coding, why do we have no troops which we can choose between two spells from a troop? Like f.example one could choice between dealing 20 damage to all enemy teams OR Give all allies 20 life. Its the way the game is coded perhaps, but don’t Unity open up for a lot more of possibilities when it comes to troops and their spells?

It all depends on the limitations of the game engine. To provide the choice you are suggesting, the developers would need to:

1. Be convinced this is a desirable path for the game flow (potentially another menu after selecting a spell);
  2. Devote resources to exposing that option via the user interface;
  3. Adjust their data model to allow for user-selectable content (and account for the potential localization needed in the UI);
  4. Test the change for regressions.

Given that we’ve gone several years now with literally zero change to the amount of, or nature of, combat flow (you cast a spell, and then select exactly zero or one of either gems or troops), I have to believe they consider this part of the game sacred and are happy with how it plays, limitations and all.

2 Likes

The only playable « OR » troops are those with an extra turn, like Nobend or Fizzbang.

So, remove Devour from there and put an extra turn.

Mimic is there for amusement value really. Not sure this one needs a rework to be viable, as I can live without it being viable. The randomness is funny - and might just very rarely do something surprisingly strong to you in quests etc…

1 Like

Yeah devoured my hero in Arena, I raged for a bit…

If he pops up in arena I usually choose him. His colours don’t clash with the runic blade and he devours or explodes reasonably often to be worth choosing in amongst the meh troops.

I would leave him as is. Even though he is pretty useless he can still be fun to mess around with sometimes.

1 Like

Is there anyone who wants to take over this daily troop discussion thread? The reason why I ask is that there is tons of troops left I do like to see a rework on, but when its not a majority that wants a rework on the troops I suggested the latest week there its no point for me to continue. We soon are down to the very 50/50 opinions troops for rework. The reason why is that if we ever gonna have a minor chance to see a rework on the troops there will have to be a majority discussing it and wanting a rework, so therefor I see no point in continue with this thread. Thank you all for understanding, and thank you all that took part in this thread, it was quite fun.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed this thread, dissenting opinions and all. Thank you, Eika!

2 Likes

Likewise, I’ve enjoyed this… thanks for doing it… . probably time to let it slide…

Sad to think this thread would die.
Since it’s « Daily Troop Discussion » , I didn’t think it was mandatory to want a rework.
In fact I saw many fun things here including new ways to use troops, and new synergy with others.

I hope someone will keep it up!

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying this thread a bunch. Even if the consensus is “The Troop is fine as is” it’s still a discussion :wink:
Also, we can get ideas that may not be specific to the actual troop in question, such as new traits, new status effects or buffing other statuses cough Hunters Mark cough that can make an otherwise little used Troop viable again.

1 Like

IMG_3042

We done this one?

I’ll see if I remember daily…
Thanks @Eika for generating the discussion. :grin:

2 Likes

No we haven’t. If you are unsure if we have done a troop, just do a search on the thread to see if it has been up for discussion before. You probably know, so just saying.

1 Like

Some I may have forgotten :wink:

Ok this troop, well is basically an overcosted colour—>colour converter as only two (?) troops can inflict Deathmark to an ally, Mummified King and Domovoi. So, then she only converts skulls when the battle is already going south. So, maybe the idea was to assist in turning the tide so to speak?

I’d maybe lower cost to 10 OR increase to 14 and make it ANY troop has Deathmark triggers the skull transformation.

Another possible approach is to make her spell conditional on your team suffering any debuff, not just Deathmark. Even under this condition, her spell isn’t game-breaking, and there are very few self-inflicted debuffs so you’re still primarily at the mercy of the opposing team doing something nasty to get the most of her spell.

1 Like

Though Undeads just got a whole lot of new immunities which would reduce what status effects would work, if she’s in a team of undeads of course :wink:

Yeah, that’s fair. I think it’s a fine tradeoff, you just have to decide what team she’s most effective in (and it wouldn’t be an Impervious team!).

1 Like