Daily Troop Discussion!

SPARKGRINDER

1 Like

I donā€™t ever use him, but the ability to give Carnex 42 attack and armour isnā€™t terrible. Elemental Slayer though - what is that doing there in his traits?!

1 Like

I always liked Sparkgrinder, but no longer find him viable at end game. Would he be MORE enticing as a Healer? Maybe he increases ATTACK and LIFE instead?

As for the Elemental Slayer @Whiskeyjack, I think it should be BEAST Slayer, he is obsessed with killing those darn cats!!! :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

Elemental Slayer is a weird trait, thematically. Where does it even fit? I suspect Sparkgrinder got it because they needed to put it somewhere.

3 Likes

Useful on early-to-mid game but quite pointless for end-game players, especially when we got the guardians like Justice or Honor to buff Mechs.

I hate his voice so much that Iā€™ll never use him no matter how much heā€™s buffed. If he happens to come up on an opposing team, heā€™s the first one Iā€™ll kill just so I donā€™t have to hear anything but his death cry.

2 Likes

musehale

2 Likes

So what you are indirectly saying is that you want a nerf when it comes to his voice? :joy:

No, a buff so he doesnā€™t sound like such a whiner.

1 Like

Have him grant 2 magic in addition to his other buffs (in addition to still also doubling all these on mechs). Remove Elemental Slayer for Fire Link or Invention. Change his typing from Dwarf to Dwarf/Mech (I think he qualifies thematically and from the art).

XATHENONS

I have seen some mixed reviews on him, so I thought a discussion would be cool even if he is pretty new. By the way, I cant wait for a female Apocalypse troop!

2 Likes

Although I donā€™t have him, he looks quite average at best, maybe if some undead troops (half of them he summons are useless garbage) get some buffing and/or reworking then Xathenos will be quite useful. Until then, Iā€™ll save my souls & crafting material for now.

2 Likes

Also donā€™t have him. I guess stealing half an opponentā€™s magic is useful against certain teams, but actually the most meta troops donā€™t need a high magic stat, and similar to web, stealing magic doesnā€™t help much. Heā€™s currently bottom of my crafting list!

4 Likes

Xathenos is not fast by any means, but heā€™s one of the most resilient troops in the game. Any battle against him can change to his favour in just a couple of turns.

1 Like

Xathenos is fun, but not worth the extra crafting cost.

Its actually a pretty decent troop if paired with another True Damage dealer and if youā€™re not relying on it to summon troops to win games. Once it casts 2-3 times, itā€™s a troop worth acknowledging.

Its biggest problem is its first cast takes too long for its damage output.

Key issues: Mana cost, bad 3rd trait. (so mainly, its identity)

Something like Enchant all Undead Allies on 4 or 5 match would go a long way to making this troop more interesting.

1 Like

It should have been War :cry:

I met a 5000 points team with a Xathenon aboard. Does the experience matter?

2 Likes

I agree with you, War or Famine, any of them, should have at least a womanly armor. Since they are undead gender is harder to detectā€¦

1 Like

Pratchett-Gaimanā€™s ā€œGood Omensā€ War.

ā€œThe men in the room suddenly realized that they did not want to know her better. She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.

And she held her sword, and she smiled like a knife.ā€

4 Likes

Donā€™t have him yet. I could probably fit him in a Guild Wars rotation where I could be forced to take a defensive stance. The thing about him is the situations where he is designed most useful are less and less common with the way most meta teams work.

1 Like