Daily Deals Data-Gathering Post Patch 5.7

Wed. Oct 13

All Kingdom track offers today at least. Got my first pet offer since the patch.

Acct 1:

Acct 2:

Acct 3:

Acct 4:

Nope. The first part is actually really easy to de-confirm. Both colored deed and writs offers (in the middle slot) so far have happened on accounts that have no open “upgrade to kingdom level” tasks. They have all their kingdoms at least power 4 or 5, but way below 20, which is after the “upgrade to 10 task” but way way before the level to 13 task. Also none of these ever received a non-kingdom track offer in slot 2 before the patch (so several hundred chances per account for an off-track offer to appear middle slot and it never did) so these are not random offers coincidentally leaking in as was apparently rarely happening prepatch. Both those are enough to say that “new” deeds offers are not targeted at these specific tasks and there is a very high likelihood they are not that they aren’t targeted at anything at all, and at the very least if they are targeted at something it is something that has nothing to do with kingdom power tasks. I also got a middle slot medals offer long before anything is blocked by needing medals (highest kingdom power 20) with only one kingdom having an open “level to 13” task. I’ve left that uncompleted to see how long it is before I receive a “kingdom helper” task.

When I saw the first few tasks on my main, having only recently hit power 20, at first I thought yeah, maybe the triggers they were supposed to have changed were just serving up offers from too broad a pool, but all evidence so far seems to support that you just get a random “”“desirable”“” offer in the middle slot instead of a targeted kingdom track offer. But getting these offers at all on accounts that are mostly power 4 or 5 shoots down this theory really quickly, let alone when its multiple times in the same week.

It could still be related to how many kingdoms out of your total don’t currently have offer eligible kingdom power tasks, because p4 > 5 is easily blocked by not completing traits and p5 > 6 is easily blocked by not completing challenges, neither which generate any offer, and a number of kingdom on the “lowest” account are blocked like this. So I could, technically, cull every eligible kingdom track offer from the pool on the p4/5 account. I think I’ll start with all the ingot offers except one and leave 4-5 possible kingdoms for troop offers open and check from there. I culled 6 more weapon tasks, one troop task, and two more weapon tasks that leveled the kingdom into troop tasks and culled those too, removing 9 kingdoms from any eligible offers and leaving 1 weapon and 5 troop tasks incomplete (went from 15 offer eligible kingdoms to 6). Will see if that makes any difference. Previous evidence suggests some kind of internal checking order even before this patch, so right now I’m mostly interested in how many of them are not kingdom track offers, secondarily if I receive ingot offers multiple times in a row.

The best I’m hoping for at this point is that the system is malfunctioning and it is only supposed to prioritize “medals or deeds” in the middle slot when you are done or almost done with the kingdom track, because at least then theres a chance of it being fixed. However, since people are still getting “kingdom helper” off deed-blocked kingdoms and troop offers off medal-blocked kingdoms, rather than removing or fixing these specific triggers, it seems like this was the intended “fix” by just making it so they’d show up less by giving random medals or deeds even if it meant literally everyone else was subject to this same replacement. And since people are showing these errant offers streaking in some cases (which would be a 1 in 1156 occurrence for 2 in a row if all kingdoms are just checked first and equally weighted, 1 in 39k for three times in a row,), I’m not optimistic there, either.

Daily Deals on Monday, October 13th

Arena Offers from the same day

Thur, Oct 14

Acct 1:

Acct 2:

Acct 3:

Acct 4:

So, all of these are technically kingdom track offers. But… something is off here. For those of you paying attention, raising kingdom from Power 4 to Power 5 kingdom has no tasks that can be overcome with more copies of troops. This is also something I don’t recall seeing any offers connected to seen prepatch. It could have escaped my notice since I don’t generally buy more copies of troops on these accounts, but seeing troop offers for raising a kingdom to power 5 immediately felt “wrong” here.

Power 4 > 5 Whitehelm, for example:

On second review, the reason for me receiving these offers could be that I have none of them, which would give another avenue of troops to trait. Since these accounts were dormant for a few months they are missing troops that were in glory packs which basically never happened while I was paying attention to them at all.

Sure enough, these are the only troops missing in those kingdoms that would be low enough rarity/non delve to be in the pool.

So that appears to be working properly. However…

The fact that the system is (and apparently always has been, since this is unlikely to have been changed in the patch) “smart” enough to offer you copies of troops you don’t have any of as an alternate avenue to unlock traits on when you are stuck on traits task just makes the whole getting offered random ingots when you need weapons all the worse. Half of the system is “intelligent” enough to give offers that at least can help and seems like there was some care and effort in designing it, which makes the other half all the more awkward.

1 Like

Strictly speaking that just confirms you will get those offers without having the open tasks, it doesn’t de-confirm you will get those offers due to having the open task. Sorry, flashback to an old lecture where that distinction got hammered in pretty prominently. :sweat_smile:

The patch notes contain an interesting distinction:

• We have added extra Daily Deals for Common, Rare, and Ultra-Rare Medals for people who have been finding the “Kingdom Track” of Daily Deals was not providing what they needed.
  • We have added extra Daily Deals for Writs, Colored Deeds, and Imperial Deeds.

Extra medal deals for the kingdom track, extra deed deals in general. I suspect you are right, there’s now a fixed chance to receive those generic offers in the kingdom track that supersedes the targeted offers. I’m not entirely convinced this was really the intended result, considering how the kingdom track was communicated. However, I’m quite sure it will officially be treated as working entirely as intended for all practical purposes.

No kingdom specific offer today. Deeds are a bit pricey.

Appreciative of the more eloquent players posting here that are looking into this so deeply.

1 Like

12 October.

13 October

14 October

Sorry for skipping some days but I was very busy(Monday I completely forgot to take screenshots).

Just some notes about my kingdom progression: I’ve three kingodm not at max power, two blocked by faction/cosmetic pets(Mist of Scales and Shentang) and one(Pridelands) by traits; I’ve yet to complete five classes but only one, the Warlord, have it’s task open(as is evident by the screens) and I’ve five kingdoms(Adana, Urskaya, Glacial Peaks, Kethar and Stormheim) at power 20 but level 10.

I hope this will help.

1 Like

My Daily Deals on Thursday, October 14th

Maximominus’s Daily Deals from the same day

My Arena Offers from the same day

15 October

I don’t remember to have ever see the same offer twice in the same day, or at least not from Arena :thinking:. Anyway, I’ve noticed that this is the fourth day of class exp offers but I can’t say if this is due RNG streakines for Arena or the update(I’m not complaing, btw, anything that can cut the class grind is very welcomed :sweat_smile:).

Daily Deals on Friday, October 15th

Maximominus’s Daily Deals from the same day

Arena Offers from the same day

hey guys, maybe i missed it, but i can’t see on any picture that one of you ever got verse offer on daily deals in left or middle slot, only from VIP or as arena offer.
can someone please post a picture to give me hope (me, that is f2p and not doing arena, lol)

1 Like

2 Likes

many thanks Qoob, now i have hope

1 Like

Daily Deals Friday October 15

Acct 1: (yep, there it is)

Acct 2:

Acct 3:

Acct 4: (I’ve now culled Pridelands troops from the offer pool, leaving 4 kingdoms that need troop levels and 1 that “needs” weapon upgrades)

It is pretty obvious what the event key offer is generating off because it says it right on the label. I’m leaving Whitehelm like that for now out of morbid curiosity of how often this will still generate. I still need one troop in this kingdom upgraded.

Saturday, October 16

Another day with 100% kingdom track offers.
Acct 1:

Acct 2:

Acct 3: (troop offered is because it was completely missing, more confirmation for this being an offer for “trait x troops” offers troops you don’t have and that actually works “smartly”)

Acct 4:

October 17th

Daily Deals: Medal of Yasmine, Deeds of Nature, Medal of Anu
Arena Offer 1: Medal of Yasmine
Arena Offer 2: Medal of Gaard
Arena Offer 3: 3 Genie’s Lamps

Sunday Oct 17:

All kingdom track again.

Acct1: (the thing I actually needed to progress kingdom finally)

Acct2:

Acct3:

Acct4: (I’ve culled troop offers from Dhrak-Zum now)

I should be almost out of kingdom offers on acct 4 in a week or so. Thus far, it doesn’t seem to be impacting the ratio of kingdom track to non-kingdom track offers if there are even just a handful of kingdom track offers yet, so it might just be a random chance to see the non-kingdom track ones.

If I keep this up long enough to exhaust all kingdom track offers on acct 4, then I can document the chance of a non-deeds non-medal offer appearing there. They at least seem to be more plentiful in slot 2, in that I haven’t seen a non-kingdom offer in slot 2 that wasn’t medals or deeds so far.

First of all, thanks everyone for sharing the data here. They’re very useful and help me understand what’s changed in the 5.7 update.

I didn’t collect my own data, so nothing to share today, but I remember enough, like the increase appearance of deeds, so the theory here about what’s going on make perfect sense to me.

I was having a discussion in my guild about if there is any method to get Imperial Deed offer to show up more. I think there likey isn’t one, and now from the data here, I’m quite sure it doesn’t exist yet.

And the thing is, I don’t think it ever will, not in the form of targeted Kingdom Track deal anyway, so hear me out…

I do believe that there is a problem right now with unhelpful offers that doesn’t help players to gain more kingdom star, but I don’t think the fix is as easy as putting targeted Deed/Book/Medals/Forge scroll or even unowned weapon in the offer.

Because, those thing can easily be exploited. As @Mithran said, the game can only detect tasks that can be complete, and try to offer the resources for the player to spend completing them. But, if the player already have the resources, but choose not to spend them, there is no way for the game to know that right now.

So, if the targeted Color/Imperial Deeds offer exist, and I have an incomplete task that want me to get a kingdom to Level 16, I can just keep it on 15 and exploit the system for more Imperial Deeds or more Book everyday* until I’m satisfied with my hoard

*Side note

As a separated Medal/Writ/Deed deal can randomly replace the Kingdom Track offer, so sometimes you won’t get what you want, unless your separate random deal is also Imperial Deeds by pure luck.

And by that exploit, you can now able to have unlimited Imperial Deeds/Book for all kingdom of that color, as long as you have gems to buy them everyday.

As for the Forge Scroll issue. The trick will be forcing one kingdom to give you that deal, and boom, you can buy unlimited Forge scroll to not only upgrade that Doom weapon, but all Doom weapons of that color, by just leaving the one that trigger the deal to upgrade last. Tower of Doom is now an obsolete event.

And finally, targeted medal, they’re only useful for people who rather spend gems than farming Explore, so not much to discuss. And I think we can agree on weapons of any Kingdom showing up on Daily offer to be bought by gems will go against all their economy decisions right now, so it likely won’t ever happen. Why even selling one for real money after that point? Even weapon crafting is not the best option now.

In conclusion, my proposal is to not fix the unmatched deal issue, but for the game to not detect that type of tasks that actually can’t help the player in the first place, so we can get main pool of offer, which is still more useful.

You can even expand the main pool to include Imperial Deed/Book/Forge Scroll of random color, but due to their value, it might become unfair, especially if they only show up on 3rd slot of VIP exclusive.

Fixing the system to actually detect the resources players have and not give more than they needed is also an option, but I don’t think it would be the best approach, and will be tricky to implement as well.

I still want more way to earn targeted Writ/Deed/Forge scroll, but I think there should be a cheaper way than buying them all with gems on the daily offer, especially in current system which can be exploited. More recipe for crafting in Soulforge might be one of the better option.

But I’m optimistic. Ingots used to be a big issue but then Delve solve almost everything. So as an ongoing game, the system is incomplete right now and better solution might be coming in the future when more books are needed.

1 Like

October 18th

Daily Deals: Deeds of Stone, Medal of Gaard, Minor Orb of Ascension
Arena Offer 1: Deeds of Nature
Arena Offer 2: Imperial Deed
Arena Offer 3: Medal of Yasmine

Mon, Oct 18

Acct 1:

Acct2:

Acct3:

Acct4:

This is mostly what I said from the start, before this patch… sort of. The “purgatory offer” issue has been a problem since practically the inception of the targeted offers. It was clear pretty early on there were some resources they didn’t want to target offers toward. The solution to this, then, is to not have those power tasks generate any targeted offers at all, not to sometimes have targeted offers that don’t target anything.

So in summation, what I said before:

• if there is a kingdom power task that needs to upgrade weapons and they don’t want to target specific ingots/forge scrolls or offer weapon sales then this should not be generating a targeted offer
  • if there is a kingdom power task that needs to level a kingdom above 10 but they don’t want to (consistently) offer (the right color) deeds, then this should not be generating a targeted offer
  • if there is a kingdom power task that requires elite levels and they don’t want to offer specific medal types then this should not be generating a targeted offer

Then, when thats said and done, the people that would get “non targeted” offers due to having no applicable kingdom track offers (or almost none, as has been reported) should just be “more of stuff that most people actually want”. Which I guess can be a task pool of random deeds or medals. It doesn’t need to take precedence over the targeted offers for this to happen. Why is the slot 1 there, allegedly offers tuned to “player level” if it is cut that level off at 1000 or so and then be 95% garbage that nobody with an established account will buy? Why is slot 2 there, allegedly to target players kingdom track offers when there remain targeted offers that don’t target correctly and now it just randomly doesn’t target?

Like, I get that they probably want a certain percentage of offers to be “filler” to make the “good” offers stand out (even though, at this point, it would take months worth of every offer in all three slots and arena every day being filled with deeds to make a significant dent in kingdom progress toward level 17 and beyond, and thats if you had literally infinite gems) but did they really have to nerf targeted kingdom offers to get a tiny amount more deeds there there? And yeah, I get that some things they probably want to keep from offering too many of so they can use them in as rewards for future systems.

What I don’t get why troop offers to get more copies of for the “level to x” task or first copies of troops for the “trait x troops” task and copies of “level pet to x” task will generate offers competently (even having restrictions like not offering legendary+ troops or delve troops, it all works perfectly fine), but “upgrade x weapons” can’t tell if you are missing a weapon to just NOT offer more ingots, won’t target ingots to the correct type (even if there were a rarity cut-off like troop copies and they never offer scrolls, these offers are so out of whack expensive there is no way this would be “exploitable”); elite levels seem to think you need more copies of any troop you haven’t elite leveled (they don’t need to offer medals, they just need to not offer anything); and tasks to level a kingdom seem to think you need an event key and tiny amount of gold (which is total bunk even at the tasks to level a kingdom TO 10, let alone levels ABOVE 10). And, why the “fix” to these offers appearing too much was, in part, to make targeted offers appear less for everyone. Then to sweep the nerf in under the rug with some vague language in the patch notes. It stings even more because half of the system works fine, so we know targeting offers is viable.

tl;dr
“More deeds and medals on slot 2” doesn’t need to mean “less targeted offers for everyone on slot 2 by randomly replacing them with medals or deeds”, just that “if a slot 2 offer would have generated a non kingdom track offer, limit (or at least bias) those offers to medals or deeds” and “fix broken targeted offers that should have never have been by just removing the broken offers so people can’t get stuck on them anymore”.

3 Likes

(Just for information, if this has slipped out of mind - max kingdom stars)

Arena:
crafting wealth
expert supply
1x medal of gaard

expert supply
crafting treasure
4x priest’s chalice

2x deeds of ice
2x deeds of stone
2x deeds of magic

crafting wealth
4x priest’s chalice