Daemon Summoning team discussion

I’ve been running:

Soothsayer
Hero w/ daemonicron
Sacrificial priest
Abyssinia

Doing mostly explores. Works pretty well, I’d say biggest problem is if IK resurrects, I don’t get a snotstone for it, and I don’t have a space to summon a daemon into either. Sooth is empowered, and his colors filled in the gaps. Use him to charge up the other troops, then sacrifice him. With three different troops who can summon daemons, the only question is how long will the opponent live…

yup totally true, good thing is usually enemy gets baited by skulls created with black beast so kerberos gets mana very slowely, i didnt get devoured the few matches i played so far. wish i played more but busy atm :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

After trying many combinations suggested over very long matches, I’m stopping at 30 snotgems… 130 gems are tempting, but I hate this event so much, I don’t need that extra push to just rage-quit GoW altogether

1 Like

I think events are a mix for everyone. The Treasure Hunt event probably benefitted lower-level players who use them more than mid/higher levels, for instance.

Aye, I totally concur here. Example: I never even touched the treasure hunt event. Since I work, go to school, and am a mother/wife, some weeks I barely have time to finish my guild requirements. Thus, I prefer any event which happens via PVP, and to be honest, glory is my favorite!

That said, since yesterday the servers were so wonky, whenever I could get on, I did daemon summoning in explore, as it didn’t matter if I lost or not.

I’ve posted it already in the event thread, but I’ll share it here too.
I’m running this team:

Warlock (daemonic Pact + Necromancy)
Dark Troll
Void Portal
Sacrificial Priest (Necromancy)

Generates tons of souls and wins matches fast enough for me.

Anybody got a decent PVP team?

I’m taking about 30% losses right now because I’m up against Wraith / Bone Dragon every other match. I have no reason to do Explores because I’m pretty much done with leveling / traiting.

With Incubus? I’ve just been putting Incubus first in my team and not caring if he gets death marked.

I’m talking about farming snotstones in PVP. I’m using Incubus and having Sac Priest kill him on the 2nd turn. I simply can’t find a summoning team that’s fast enough to overcome the stupid Wraith / Courage / Bone Dragon / Famine team I’m seeing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Ah fair enough. In that case, other than using gorgotha and hoping for a daemonic pact, not really! I haven’t bothered trying to summon daemons in PvP but if I did, I would probably try and use Kerberos or Daemonicon as a 4th troop with something tried and tested.

1 Like

Honestly, I’m about to the point that it’s not worth it anymore. They put out events to try and pull us away from PVP but the best way to earn the resources we need to get the stuff we’re missing is to play PVP. It feels like slight of hand and I’m getting tired of it.

By the way, Sac Priest works well with Infernal King. Several times I’ve targeted IK and had him fire Immortal AND summon Aborath. 2 troops with 1 spell.

Honestly I just use my summoning team against teams that are either low level or otherwise on the weaker side. If my choices are nothing but top-tier defenses I simply break out one of my “real” invade teams. I figure I’ll get enough easy to mid-level matches over the course of the week to collect all the rewards.

That may be the only way to get it done.

7 Likes

I kind of like this team, but instead of Warg I’m starting with Incubus when doing PvP so that I can get the extra Glory

1 Like

For those who don’t have void portal nor kerberos or daemonicon, I have farmed some gems with 3x fully traited warlock (25% chance on dead to spawn daemon) and one sacrificial priest who kills all the warlocks (##% chance to spawn orange big guy).

It’s slow, but doable.

2 Likes

Mind sharing the team and how long that took? Thanks!

Here is the team I used:

Wight
Sacrifice
Void Portal
Siren

Basically I got lucky cause the enemy had dragon eggs as their last troop. So I killed all enemy troops besides the dragon eggs and then I buffed up my WIght and used it as a tank while I cycled with void portal and sacrifice. I would summon a daemon with void portal, then sacrifice it. Rinse and Repeat.

Would never attack the enemy so it would continue to summon a baby dragon and gain 12 life. Then I would instantly kill the baby dragon with my Wight and continue on.

2 Likes

First Dragon’s Peak challenge also has a dragon eggs in last place should anyone wish to use the same tactic

1 Like