Cursed Gnomes

They are nerfed to both difficulty and time limit actually. If you wait 45 seconds that will give the max allowable for that difficulty level. This gives reason to do the highest difficulty level you can quickly do in explore modes.
(the nerf only applies to during a GAP run)

1 Like

Run a GAP at lvl 12 explore, retreat evey time until cursed gnome appears, wait 60s then finish battle. Full rewards for each gnome that way. You only get a handful (1-3 typical) of gnomes per GAP but if you have a big stash of verses, itā€™s an easy way to get cursed gnomes

4 Likes

Well now I know one more thing I wonā€™t be doing this weekend. That sounds like a completely painful waste of time even if it works as said, Iā€™m not doubting anyone here (besides the devs) but thereā€™s absolutely no reason for me to spend any time doing that. And thatā€™s if I had a ton of verses, which I also do not.

4 Likes

It works, but as Iā€™ve said elsewhere, rewards from lvls 11-20 of the Soulforge are very underwhelming so canā€™t honestly say it is worth doing. Now if doom scrolls didnā€™t have writs in the recipe, then Iā€™d be willing to do it from time to time

1 Like

Also I canā€™t say itā€™s much more boring than say farming for verse gnomes on lvl 1 explore

Hi Shimrra. Just wanted to point out that I did testing before the new year and thatā€™s exactly how it works, sadly.

Other people came up with the retreat tactic, but I fully endorse that if you want to maximize chances. And yes, itā€™s completely BS.

2 Likes

Not worth it, currently takes more time the game to load than killing the gnomes with a zuul team.

1 Like

This is a waste of verses. Unless you have a large (50+) stash of verses, itā€™s simply not worth it.

This is just the strategy to get the most cursed runes and cursed gnomes to appear for the players who do not care at all about any of the other rewards. It is a very viable strategy for those in that case. Obviously it is not a strategy everyone will want to do if they need other rewards like VKs souls gold etc but there are many end game players who have stacks of VKs and only want/need the cursed runes. Donā€™t hate the player hate the game as they say. We are just working with strategies we can use with the way the system works.

3 Likes

Iā€™m an endgamer who has 1000+ VKs, all but 1 pet, all kingdoms maxed, all troops and the only things i need to craft is with runes. Itā€™s still a waste of verses. Iā€™d rather wait for a strategy that inā€™st so scorched earth, thank you.

1 Like

Sure do what you like I was only saying they were explaining how the strategy worked and who might want to and do utilize it. You can wait there may or may not be a change in the future that allows for a better strategy. So it could take months or a year or more to unlock and craft everything depending on how close you are. Maybe twice a year they will run an event like at the start where Cursed Gnomes appear a little more often but then again it might always be this rare.

22 days have passed since my last post.
I usually get 500 trophies per day, what means 250 games per day. Total games in these 22 days: 5.500.
I just get one cursed gnome (in last gnome-a-palooza event) that gave me 3 cursed runes.

No comments.

Meanwhile, other players has completed, not only the forge lv20, but some of the cursed weapons (if not all of them).

I donā€™t think the ratio is equal for every player.

5 Likes

I play a lot, so I am sure the fact that I have no issue with the runes is not representative, however, I would be really surprised if they have included different rates for different players. This is much more difficult to maintain in the long term with very little gains on their side.

2 Likes

Iā€™m quite convinced it is. You are using the wrong strategy, you are trying to find Cursed Gnomes outside of GaP, thatā€™s an exercise in futility.

2 Likes

No luck in GaP neither. 12 played (around 40 matches each), 1 cursed gnome, 3 cursed runes.

GaP or no GaP, more than 5k matches played, 0 cursed gnomes. Something weirdā€¦

1 Like

I just had one in pvp.

I get 1500 + trophies a week from explore and still need last level, and bought 2 and 3. It isn 't equal. Havenā€™t seen a pet gnome in 4 months.

pet gnomes not to be found in Explores tho.

Right. But ido pvp and never get.