Cursed Gnomes

Just a follow up to this conversation.

I’ve not actually used a GAP since before they made the change to the reward system. What a crying f-ing shame. They really gutted the one good thing they put into this game. And the fact that they won’t tell us specifics… while I expected that, it’s still hot garbage. It’s OUR resources that we’re spending.
(Note to newbies: NEVER EVER, EVER run a GAP outside Vault events.)

That said, I used up 6 GAPs and tried:

• Ironhawking E1 battles as fast as possible, then stopping and waiting for various times when a Curse Gnome appeared.
    Result: Reward splitting. After waiting a minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes-- didn’t seem to matter.

• Waiting on each E1 battle for 1 minute then clearing with Ironhawks.
    Result: Reward splitting.

• Waiting on each E1 battle for 2 minutes then clearing with Ironhawks. (Took 2 GAPs to find a Cursed Gnome to test on)
    Result: Reward splitting.

• Thinking it might be related to using a team that kills everything really quick on E1, I used a semi-fast team to clear E12 battles… after playing casually to leave one on the board and then waiting until in-game clock said 1 minute.
    Result: Full rewards, every time.

• Lastly, I tried E12 battles with the semi-fast team, as fast as I could (30 secs or under)
    Result: Only partially split rewards (9 runes from Cursed Gnome)

Of note: If you do wait until the GAP is finished (I used a timer outside the game to keep track), then you do get the full rewards, absolutely every time.

///////

In conclusion, the way I see it, it just depends on what your focus is:

• If you want to use GAPs to make sure you get full rewards from a single Cursed Gnome:
    Ironhawk E1s until you spot it (almost guaranteed to see one, and you might even get a double!), then wait until GAP ends.

• If you want to maximize your Cursed Gnome rewards during a GAP:
    You must become one with the Gnomes. Control yourself when completing an E12 battle with a Cursed Gnome, to make sure you hit that 1 minute mark. You may be lucky and get more than one battle with a Cursed Gnome before the GAP expires…

• If you want to maximize the number of VKs you get:
    Just blast through GAPs like normal and be okay with missing out on the runes.

Enjoy the holidays!

6 Likes