Cursed Gnomes

Last week I got 0 cursed gnomes (close to 4k trophies)
This week got 2 (11 and 15 runes)
Edit: got the 3th today (10 runes)

Hey not sure if I am just lucky. I started palying this game last Nov and my forge was at lv20 2 weeks ago. I also crafted a bunch of troops/items using cursed runes and I still have 136 runes left.

Kafka Alt account? @gow

2 Likes

Looks like you play another game than 99,99999999999999999% of us.

What are cursed gnomes? Are they supposed to appear somewhere?

2 Likes

I am sure the randomness is not uniformly applied to every player thatā€™s why a trading system would help here.

give me your game, I wanna play it.

Just had this one in casual pvp, actually the 2nd one Iā€™ve seen in the wild this week.

brb buying lottery tickets

1 Like

Must be about a month since Iā€™ve seen one of these dumb things.

3 Likes

I still havenā€™t found a single one outside of GaPs. And they havenā€™t even started selling the cursed gnome bait (not that Iā€™d buy it) so how does it make sense to make them so rare? Probably something I donā€™t need to understand.

3 Likes

Personally Iā€™ve managed to get enough to get all the cursebreaker weapons, mythic and pet (can be done without spending a fortune in gems if you have a lot of verses stashed) and I can tell you that you are not missing much. A useless mythic, a cosmetic pet and a couple of semi decent weapons that will take a couple of years to be able to upgrade. The thing I was most excited about was the ability to forge doomed scrolls and thatā€™s useless because of the writ cost.

8 Likes

Only thing cursed I can see is the game itself .

1 Like

I do love that the current update is all about this, yet with thousands of trophies per week I have seen about two of these in the wild ever.

The mythic had a lot of utility for me. I didnā€™t have Vashā€™Dagon, so having a curse on brown option was fantastic to go with Devour strategies and really opened up some possibilities in delves for me. I know itā€™s a meme that all mythics suck, but Iā€™d argue this one has some specific cases where it was very welcome.

I too have been able to max everything but the pet which Iā€™m working on. However, that involved lots of grinding which not everyone is up for.

Just had a Cursed Gnome crash one of the Adventure Board battles.

1 Like

From an arena battle a couple days ago. They exist outside of vault weekends the appearance rate is just very low. Using gaps aiming to maximize rewards or farming vault weekend remains the best ways to come across them.

2 Likes

I reckon the best way to come across them would be for the devs to make it work much better ā€¦

12 Likes

Are Tokens of Nysha supposed to be more common than Cursed Gnomes?

2 Likes

Yes. To get Cursed runes, try using a gnom-a-palooza, and when you find a Cursed gnome, wait 1 minute then kill it.

1 Like

The rewards are ā€œbalancedā€ (nerfed) to the difficulty level of explore. Regardless of how long the player waits now.