Council of Chiefs

You mention nostalgia, which is defined as follows: “a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past.”

Now, I am perfectly enjoying the game still, otherwise I would not be playing. This, by definition, does not make me nostalgic. Now read your own post again.

Companies around the world are saying “let’s put humanity before money right now.”
505’s response to the pandemic.
“Let’s see what happens when we require Tier 7 instead of Tier 4 average per guild member to get all the portal rewards.”

This is why you’re the devil.
C-19 didn’t just start up this week. And your company is located in Italy for Christ sakes.
So even if you had this plan for months. The second the world changed. So should you. Be well, be safe, but also shame on you.

14 Likes

My post was in direct response to the portion of your reply I quoted. I assure you, I read it thoroughly, and basing a current decision to recommend the game on the time you’ve already “invested” is generally part nostalgia and part sunk-cost fallacy, unless you’re an exception and it’s 100% sunk-cost fallacy (in which case, I apologize for misinterpreting) but only you can answer that.

1.5 years of play is plenty of time to become nostalgic about something, for the average person.

1 Like

One of the problems (among many) that I have with this event is that because the scoring is completely vague, I have no idea what I’m supposed to do here:

Obviously I should do the level 140 because it’s a higher level, so more skulls, right? But wait, shouldn’t I prioritize mythic instead, because it shows up less often?

The AI is also immensely dumb and ignores the most basic of plays. Enemy will have a Fist of Zorn troop and a 5 match of skulls if he uses his ability, but they’ll instead completely ignore it, then cast of Fist of Zorn later when it makes zero matches.

It’s also laughable how dumb the “random fights” design is. One minute you’re doing level 150, the next it rotates down to three level 50 fights you’ve been skipping.

Imagine being on Floor 25 of Tower of Doom and you get to the next floor but it’s actually floor 10 “Yeah, we thought we’d give you an easier battle, just because.”

4 Likes

I was trying to put things into perspective. We are all playing the game still, which means we find at least some sort of joy out of it. I used to play a lot, and that’s when I spent a lot. Nowadays, I still play daily, but about an hour, so I don’t spend so much anymore. Given the amount of playtime I get out of it, I believe the amount of money I spent (and spend) is very much in line with the gameplay I’m getting out of it.

I liked the game then and I like it now (simply less time to play these days), and I still think it is all a very fair deal, an addictive and fun game. I would recommend it to anyone still, and casual players wouldn’t need to spend a dime to get fun out of this game. Perhaps I’d be more hesitant to recommend it to hardcore and/or competitive gamers, but I simply do not agree with down-rating a game that still does an outstanding job at entertaining the majority of people at no forced cost.

I say this all still believing that the curve for the latest event will be high enough for the guild to reach the final reward without buying any higher than Tier 5. If this is not the case, I will still enjoy the game, but will be vocally displeased and I expect the dev to fix it. I also agree with the new event being boring, so it’s not like I disagree with the complaints (at all). I just disagree with the form of expressing it.

That’s the important part. As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’ll never tell someone how to spend their entertainment money.

The meat of my post is aimed at folks who express discontent with the game, yet still spend money on it. If you’re not happy with the game, or you see events that you consider to be unfair, and you still buy things - you’re rewarding those business decisions, and that’s exactly how it will appear on the company’s balance sheet. “We changed X, we earned $Y.” It’s simple math at that level.

If you feel the game is a good value, then don’t downvote it. Those of us who have seen (in our opinions) the quality decline over time and the cash-grabbiness increase, don’t see it as such a value, and express our opinions as such. There are a lot of veterans in the game who are here for the social aspect as much or more than the gameplay due to how the attitude of the game has shifted over time.

The math that has been done so far directly disagrees with this belief. Due to all the layers of RNG and no control over the battles a player is served, the evidence thus far indicates that even a guild-wide T6 purchase is likely not enough and some players would need to buy T7 to allow for the massive RNG.

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by “the form of expressing it”, so I’ll shoot from the hip on this and say that if people have issues with how the game is currently being run, that giving poor reviews and ceasing to spend money are both acceptable and encouraged behavior, because those are some of the only things that the people at the top of the food chain in the company (i.e. those who make the decisions) care about.

3 Likes

To encourage players to hit the next tier knowing that they can win easy.

1 Like

I’ve found something as an alternative to the new event which is far more entertaining, watching paint dry, I highly recommend it :+1:

yOQSVMEoScWmHRo-800x450-noPad

17 Likes

I reviewed the game on steam when 4.7 came out. It wasn’t published.

Steam Changed their review system. When an increased number of bad reviews are sent in in a short period of time they are held back and not counted towards the total reviews.

Multiple people from my guild posted reviews on steam after 4.7 and we couldn’t find any of them, even after several days. They are usually posted fairly quickly.

4 Likes

Overall, it’s an okay event, maybe made better with the medal of season rewards afterwards
But we won’t know until after because everything remains a secret
But they definitely shouldn’t have rng based battle rewards, and they made the reqs to finish too high
Overall okay idea, once again implemented thoughtlessly

Hello everyone, as always, the developers threw us a bomb with a clockwork (a bomb is we, a clockwork is an event)

Further, I already realized it will only get worse because they are sitting right now and happily smiling at the number of crystals that we pour into this event trying to prove something

many were offered the option not to play this event at all to prove that we are against such changes, but no, many of you from the principle go towards them and poke them throwing thousands of crystals to them

My opinion of this developer has currently chosen a policy of accumulating savings and now they are doing everything to add more donation to the game, save money and delete the game, here is my opinion

this opinion came from the latest updates, useless, taking up time, everything went from an epic task, even then they had intentions to increase the donation, but it didn’t fail to benefit some of them, then this event brought,unstable and always different and without possible changes, and worse, the Raid of the boss, Tower of troubles, what kind of place will they come up with?

I hope you listen to my advice, the advice is simple do not give the developers what they want do not play this event

3 Likes

Regarding being too addicted to Gems to quit, I used to play Legendary: Game of Heroes, and N3twork seemed to believe that I was too addicted to quit that game. I played that game for about 18 months. They haven’t seen me for over a year. If I’m made to feel as unappreciated and undervalued by the devs here, I’m sure that I’ll have no problem finding another game to get “addicted” to.

4 Likes

Remember when Sunspear’s third trait seemed like a big deal? In comparison to now. Those feel like the good old days of GoW. Sheesh, 4.8 did nothing good but fix a few bugs that 4.7 and 4.7.5 caused.
Updates are supposed to make the game actually better devs. It shouldn’t be this difficult.

2 Likes

Same here: the increasing number of parallels between LGoH and GoW is alarming, when it comes to design and how they treat the playerbase.
:sweat_smile: :vulcan_salute:

It’s scary to think about the ways, they could turn the game still worse…

An option to unlock any event at will outside the schedule by spending a few hundred (for personal) or thousand (for guild) gems…

An AI, that generates an hourly new troop to introduce into the game (including one daily mythic). We don’t really need all that artwork, when there could be more content instead, do we?

Speaking of artwork… on newer troops refraining from forced “erotic” images to draw in horny folks might be one of the few actual improvements in the game… who knows, when they go back there.

Charging gems for the possibility to use high rarity troops, with the option to pay one per fight or a weekly fee. Free for VIP players, of course.

sigh I’m just giving them ideas here, no? And there may be far more creative ways to become awful, than my limited mind can come up with… Somewhere further up, somebody mentioned a “pay to not play” model… and described it as a good thing… Holiday mode… How much would you be willing to pay, if you did not have to play for one month?

No matter how it feels, but we’re still far from the bottom, though headed towards it.

This is one of the most common responses that I have heard from the community about this event. I do understand the intent behind it from a developers point of view, but the developers also have to step back and take a look at it from a gamers point of view as well. You can’t sugar coat something bad and expect it to be good, its still bad. Boring, repetitious, at least it helps people with insomnia fall asleep. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah its a new Steam thing, just wait a few days and repost the review.^^
I’m not sure if its the same on Google, Samsung or iOS or other social medias.

@Saltypatra

Here’s an idea to make Council of Chiefs better (spare any negativity). Positivity, right?

Make it more like the Tower of Doom where guilds have to coordinate which rooms contain what… however instead of going up floors, keep it on the world map, with battles spread across the entire map. You would have to fight common/rare battles and find the correct path to the Boss fights. Guilds would need to document this, much like Tower of Doom, which paths are the fastest way to the Bosses, so the other guild members can take advantage of this. There can be multiple bosses - just have to find the best paths. After you have defeated all the Bosses on the current map, it could reset with a new map.

The common/rare battles could provide minor points to close a current portal, whereas Boss battles could provide major points.

This would keep the idea of the world map out there, but you would also have increased guild coordination and it would actually be kind of fun.

I really dislike the randomness of scoring and progression, an explanation might help to aleviate this a bit.
It looks like a LOT investment both in effort and gems is required to reach the maximum rewards. Not good.
We are now running 2 multiple day guild events at the same time. Are you kidding me?
And finally, now that I HAVE to play them I understand all the complaints about orcs.

The map design is unneeded but looks nice though.
Restricting the weapons give an interesting challenge, except acquiring those is even worse than searching for (non-mythic) specific troops. I’m omitting mythics there because you are sort of expected not to have them all.
The new badges are interesting so far. They do need to be accessed differently though. I keep forgetting to change the set up back when moving to a different mode.
Feeling like you have a choice in battle selection is good. But mostly canceled out by having no idea what effect your choice will have.

3 Likes

I guess its officially too late to fix this blunder, and they’ve dumped a full-price, full week event into the weekend. This game has officially become greedy trash.

4 Likes