Council of Chiefs

So you are saying that back flip i did while matching skulls on the final kill wasnt the reason i got double the expected skulls that one time?

2 Likes

One can also very reasonably respond, that if your family dies, then you should cancel your pre-planned trip to Disneyland, even if you waited for it a year. During tragedy of 9/11, all action blockbusters about terrorists and war, which were ready and planned to be released, were cancelled in order not to aggravate and hurt people’s feelings.

The shit hit the fan before their game’s “improvements”. Pushing such punishing update, regardless, and knowing that their serious, paying customers will get upset, just shows how much they care, and what are their priorities.

Exact numbers don’t matter, here. What matters is their attitude. At least, now we know, what sort of people and company we are dealing with, and what to expect in the future, if there is one.

When I talk and order basic food items and soup online for my scared, 90 years old father, quarantined alone in another country, and worry about him because he has 40% chance of dying from coronavirus, and I will not be even able to travel there to bury him, I want to come to GoW to relax, and not to get even more stressed out because devs decided to be more greedy than usual, in this difficult times.

It’s is about simple human decency, and in my eyes, this company has none.

4 Likes

Maybe’ll they will do the right thing and mail everyone 1000 gems. You never know.

1 Like

A screenshot earlier in this thread demonstrates that reward tiers WERE in fact much lower during the preview stream than they are now. At some point late in development, the event was determined to be too easy and was made much more difficult for the average guild to complete.

3 Likes

It’s not about ability. A medal that ensures a win levels the ‘ability’ playing field.

It’s just about gem-spend.

I tracked skulls for every battle of my tier VI sigils. Just look how random they are:

• 2 battles against Sol’Zara Shamans lvl70 gave me 3 and 7 skulls.
  • Garnok’s Gang lvl100 gave me 10 skulls, while Garnok’s Gang lvl250 only 7.
  • Zorn’s Wraiths lvl115 gave me 12 skulls while Zorn’s Wraiths lvl145 gave me just 6.
1 Like

5 Likes

Were you keeping track whether the boss was actually in their room? Sometimes they’re not and maybe this affects the skulls?

1 Like

I haven’t noticed a time where there wasn’t at least one boss in the room.

Here’s the top 100 distribution of Battles Won vs Skulls Collected (Score/10):

You’ll notice that the # Skulls collected is very smooth (because it’s being sorted by skulls collected, which determines points, which determines rank). But the # of battles required to reach that score varies wildly. This is because of the nature of the scoring system being unknown. No one can go into a fight knowing how to get the maximize score.

3 Likes

Yes, I looked at that. Only 1 instance - Sol’Zara Shamans lvl180 didn’t have a boss and for some reason, in the post-battle screen, it said that I defeated Brawlmaster’s Horde lvl180. I got 5 skulls for that which looks like usual rewards at that level.

2 Likes

What I’d like to know is why the screenshot showing the reward stages on https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001391856-World-Events says stage 12 is 33,052 points, but jumps to 61k on the actual event. Guess testing showed it was too easy to obtain image

7 Likes

I just saw @awryan’s separate post on the exact same thing. Apologies for duplication.

@awryan @Fleg @Neritar Yeah, I’ve noticed a bug where the mobs sometimes overwrite each other, and it’s exactly as Neritar described, I just haven’t been bothered to report it properly yet, myself, and I don’t think it affects scoring, although I could well be wrong.

The correct mob shows up when you exit in and out, or reset.

2 Likes

Beta testing should happen before it reaches the masses, imo

1 Like

Lol! and good riddance at the “everything was planned from 2 or 3 years before the sh1t happened”.

Yes it was as we can clearly see from the SS, then sh1t happened and seen lot of addicteds would be able to play lot more now why not double the amount of points required? (that while also making sure the servers could handle the extra work, smthing i read in another place).

However just looking at LB is crystalline clear that the new event not only work as intended but is a GREAT success lmao so tin hat off for another successfull design.

2 Likes

Get outta here with that crazy talk!

5 Likes

Fwiw, I’m pretty sure there are actually 10 Mobs (5 types, though, with slight variations) cycling around in total, and you don’t always get to see them all.

• 1x Gargantaur and Zorn
  • 2x Gar’Nok and Sol’Zara
  • 4x Brawlmaster

Hence some of the difference in levels of the ‘same’ Mob.

3 Likes

To be fair the dog is much more entertaining than the whole event premise…

Appreciate the attempt, truly, but I decided to register a few battles and the results are too random:

Epic Level 50, 3 Skull matches 3 Skull kills = 2 Skulls
Epic Level 50, 3 Skull matches 3 Skull kills = 3 Skulls
Epic Level 50, 4 Skull matches 4 Skull kills = 2 Skulls
Legendary Level 130 6 Skull matches 4 Skull kills = 4 Skulls
Legendary Level 130 8 Skull matches 4 Skull kills = 9 Skulls
Legendary Level 130 9 Skull matches 4 Skull kills = 5 Skulls
Mythic Level 55 6 Skull matches 4 Skull kills = 4 Skulls
Legendary Level 150 13 Skull matches 8 Skull kills = 5 Skulls (Before anyone asks Gar’Nok summons more troops so you can kill much more enemies than the initial 4.)
Epic Level 60, 4 Skull matches 4 Skull kills = 2 Skulls
Legendary Level 110 8 Skull matches 4 Skull kills = 4 Skulls

@Sossitch excuse you, you know very well that people demand to see photos of my dog and I only show them before or after I have finished streaming. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still collating feedback, but we won’t be replying further in this thread as we have reiterated our points several times. Please continue the discussion amongst yourselves as we look at the next World Event.

1 Like