Council of Chiefs

This event makes me sad :sob:.

3 Likes

Ok, I was annoyed at how much RNG this event involves while reading through peoples’ posts yesterday. I held off on starting the event (as did my guild) because we were down a member. (We like everyone to get full rewards!)

Now, having played a dozen battles or so, I am utterly boggled and I’d go so far as to say angry.

There is NO rhyme or reason to which battles you are offered. There is NO way to steadily progress. I leveled up a Legendary battle 5 or 6 times, then it disappeared and I was offered only unleveled battles. I leveled up a Mythic battle once, then it disappeared. I was offered a full set of unleveled Epic battles, and two rounds later, a whole other set of unleveled Epic battles.

What the ever-living :poop: got into someone’s head that made them invent this garbage?

Tinfoil Hat time!!

The random nature of the battles is not an accident. Based on current evidence, an unleveled Epic battle (the lowest-“tier” type of battle a player is offered) is the lowest source of skulls.

What are the chances that the RNG that serves up the battles isn’t actually full RNG, but has a built-in factor towards offering unleveled, lowest-tier battles, to slow down how fast players can earn collectibles, regardless of the tier they purchase?

All purchases are now RNG. You could buy Tier 7 and half your battles could still wind up being against unleveled Epic opponents for microscopic rewards.

The level of [redacted] that has gone into this event is completely off the charts. If this is the new normal for this game…I hope it crashes and burns.

I am about an inch away from spouting a rant of epic proportions. :rage:

15 Likes

There are already some pretty good ideas about the factors being involved, one of them being that higher account levels receive less score on average, due to their battles being perceived “easier”. Which would also explain why you absolutely want to avoid disclosing the details, this “reward scaling” approach already caused a huge backlash in PvP. I don’t think requiring high level players to fight more battles for the same rewards is a “fun” design decision, especially when those battles cost a premium.

5 Likes

We can say goodbye to 10-20 players tying for first,might be the reason for this total randomness on scoring.

2 Likes

I don’t see how you are going to tweak the event whereas scoring will change every World Event…
Or do you mean to tweak for the next Council of Chiefs which should reappear in 37 months? :thinking:

Is it going to be the same mess every new World Event?

3 Likes

Speaking of tweakers. (Those who make tweaks to events.)

1 Like

Aside from this being the absolutely worst event ever, here’s a fine piece of advice for you:

how about using a random number generator to create the leaderboard and winners? Just assign every user a random number, put them all in a random hat, then randomly pull out a random number from a random hat and put it in a random slot on a random leaderbord. Saves a lot of development time and resources; also saves our time and resources since there’s no need for us to actually play anything anymore.

Why in the [expletive] should level 75 epic room give me the same number of skulls as level 130 legendary room?

After two days there is not a single positive thing I could say about this newest addition.

13 Likes

The dumbest part about the “This is a test run to judge the numbers” non-argument is we have players on the forums who did the math in less than an hour, so there’s not a good explanation for why the people who have all of the information didn’t do it.

Again, I feel like I’m being asked to believe, “The dev team is so stupid we need to replace them, they should not be trusted to handle money”, or “The dev team believes I’m so stupid I can’t do third grade math”.

Either way I’m really cheesed off. I absolutely do not trust a smart person who tells me to believe they are stupid.

18 Likes

^^^^exact same sentiment

Anyway…

Aside from being nearly off-topic … nobody is saying anything about things being “because there’s a pandemic”. What was said is something along the lines of “we’re all isolated in our homes and yet people still want to quit your game”. Consider it.

I mean, personally, I’ve got perfectly good games I haven’t even opened …

4 Likes

I think you misread that one. The post directly above Salty’s quote was complaining that the devs are raising the cost of completion during difficult times. To which one can very reasonably respond that these plans were made, and the code nearly complete, long before any of this :poop: started to hit the fan.

4 Likes

We can go further. We can randomly select a random hat from an unknown , location where we actually know the correct location, but can’t disclose it because we need to jumble it around, maybe give it an extra turn or two past 180 degrees (oops a random amount of degrees) or we could completely misfire, and the random hat could turn into a rabbit, or a bat, or could not even be there. We can then do an unknown random bench test, but might not be able to find a bench to test, we can’t explain how if we did a random bench test, it even if we knew, but it resembled throwing a plate of random pasta at one of 8 walls in any or some, or all of 4 buildings, some of which we might be able to access, others we could say we can access but we won’t, but can lead you into believing that we know exactly which wall we throw the plate of pasta at, but just for a tease we won’t tell you if we actually threw the random pasta at all, it’s up to you to guess that this is what we randomly did, but you know next time, we might randomly do something randomly different, but not explain if we randomly did it or not.

If we randomly did throw a plate of pasta at a random wall, a random designer can then select a random strand of pasta, if the pasta is spaghetti or tagliatelli, or in the case of penne or tortellini could be a piece of pasta rather than a strand, but by random chance a random piece of pasta might not be on the random wall in the area the random designer chooses, because a random situation occurred and the pasta fell off the wall before the random designer, chose the random wall, in the random array of buildings, or a colleague ate the pasta or the bat from the hat did.

If however randomly the random designer collected a random item of pasta from the random wall and reviewed it, it would resemble a sink hole, which when moving randomly close to from any random vantage point, could see a random number of thousands of dollars and millions of blue sparkling things contained within, or thousands of dollars, millions of sparkly blue things and thousands of mad people or it could contain thousands of dollars, millions of sparkly blue things and a note.

We can then randomly decided to read the note, if we randomly found the note, which we might not be able to access because the sink hole randomly skipped somewhere else and peering within in again we see a random designer with a random hat, or is that actually a bat? If we did find a note, if someone randomly decided to leave a note in the random sink hole, which randomly might contain one the note could randomly say ‘here lies the souls of gems of war players, their wallets and their gems’.

I mean it’s close to what we have, no-one has a Scooby…

1 Like

Heads up, i learned today that if you kill via skull match, youll get more skulls! I dont have more sigils please try.

No, you don’t. I did 90% of my matches yesterday only killing with skulls and got very different results

4 Likes

Sorry, but that’s not true for everyone. Running doomed codex & 2 FOZ for skulls and still getting crap rewards.

Unfortunately I dont believe that is true. I killed exclusively with skulls just to test and I am being beat by several people that also used cyclops to kill.

3 Likes

90% of the troops I killed are from skull damage. So unless level 200 and epic rarity = 5 skulls is a high number. I don’t think this theory will ever be fact.

It was a hunch on my last sigil. Man i was so happy XD, this event is a mess indeed.

1 Like

Registered just for the thumbs up :+1: . This random copypasta will live through ages (which will be randomly rearranged or will randomly not be rearranged. So everyone will get randomly generated source for this pasta :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: In all seriousness: uncertainty in PVP results (with minimal fluctations considered right-colored troops are played in GW) arent equal to uncertainry in PVE that scales in difficulty but not in rewards (or when scaling is not defined properly hence rewards arent properly granted or cant be tracked and tied to an estimate).

It’s a shame that we get attitude like this and it seems (Tin Hat - on) that it’s the deliberate decision to standartisize PC and console players on content as console players will get things faster and they need to catch up for the things that are already done.

Just to reiterate: it seems like opportunites to catch up for console players to the current state of the game are tied to stalling progress of firsthand playerbase. And that consoles became a priority for development efforts (Tin hat - off).

1 Like

I got more skulls by standing on my left foot. Give it a try.

9 Likes