Hello Console Folks!
I just thought I'd share some info with you about future console troop releases, because I'm sure many of you are curious exactly HOW we're going to catch you up to Mobile/PC.
In handling the plans for the catch-up, we've aimed to hit a few targets:
- Make sure you folks can get EVERYTHING the Mobile/PC players have (obviously)
- Make sure that you get a little help with collecting it all
- Make sure you don't get SO much help, that our compatriots on Mobile/PC feel hard-done-by!
So here's the plan:
- Once we release our first console update (hopefully only a couple of weeks away at most), we'll start doing 2-3 different troops per week in Glory Reward Packs. There might even be a week or two with 4 troops!
- We'll try to keep the most popular troops available in these packs
- Quite a few of the Glory packs will have a slight discount compared to the ones on Mobile/PC (details still to be determined). These discounts will end once you're all caught up.
- Other troops will be added to the various chests, at the rate of 2-4 per week. Most Legendary troops will follow this pattern (being added to chests) as Mobile/PC Legendaries have been doing for some time now.
- Mythics will appear two at a time, instead of one at a time, and will have the exclusivity period like Mobile/PC.
That's not going to put you all on exactly equal footing with Mobile/PC with regards to the acquisition of all troops, but there's no way we can ever do that perfectly, I don't believe, since they had a year's head start on you! What's more, it's not as if you're playing against each other, so having slightly different power curves isn't going to be a dealbreaker.
Once you're all caught up, however, it'll be absolutely glorious, as every announcement about new content will apply to BOTH platforms, and you can all enjoy the same content at the same time!