CONSOLE: Troop Release Plans

1 Like

I get what you’re saying, but it doesn’t change my opinion. I’m getting a steady stream of knight teams in PvP and am finding them tiresome. I have plenty of general purpose teams that will beat them, but having a tailor-made team to shred them might actually be fun. It would be a nice change to see a knight team and feel excitement for a change.

Fair enough. It’s so long now on PC since I’ve even seen a knight team that the pain has faded away and only numbness remains.

1 Like

And it may be that I will soon be seeing all these knight teams replaced with Mab, Manticore, Khorvash, etc. and never have need of my Bunni team. We’ll see over the next few weeks.

@dhjl had the most (in)famous knight team in my recollection.

Knight Coronet / Archon Statue / Deep Borer / Knight Coronet

I remember getting stonewalled by that team until I had a magic team that could fight back.

Ah, @dhjl. sniff

5 Likes

My concern at the moment is by lumping them together I will miss out on nobends. Waiting like 4-5 months to get their arcanes. If they are bunched in with othets I will not be able to get enough packs.

Looking forward to catching up anyway.

You have very curious taste in troops. Nobends are…hard to use, to put it mildly. Best of luck to you when you get them!

What was the issue with that team - was it just all the armor and stoneskin?

Just want their arcanes. Atleast 37 of them was the plan.

Best performing Knight team on Defense for me has been;

Knight Coronet / Wolf Knight / Griffon Knight / Knight Coronet

All the armor and Stoneskin, as well as the Water Link from Deep Borer combined with two cleavers. I was nowhere near endgame at the time, too, and it was one of those teams. As time went on, it got easier to beat, but at first I recall dreading it when it came up.

Pre-Bone Dragon as well? I break out BD whenever I see a Knight team, or 2 Knight Coronets.

My memory is hazy regarding what I had at the time. I don’t think I had a Bone Dragon until quite late in the leveling process.

Console users got to buy Bone Dragon for glory back on April 1st! That was also the first time we could buy Arcanes traitstones in an event troop pack.
Of course, nobody told me at the time that I could buy multiple BD to make him Mythic too…

Even back in the day, I paid close attention to what PC got and read they bought multiple packs.

Pretty clearly the worst Zaejin troop. All of the possible outcomes should come with an extra turn to make the troop still the worst in Zaejin, but at least viable.

I can see that, then. I’m in a pretty good position now, so depending on my mood and the daily tasks, I might use a looping team, a rowanne team, goblins, shadow hunter. It’s an easy enough nut to crack if you have the tools, but it would be frustrating for a player who doesn’t have something other than a skull-focused team.

The thought of a fully-traited Bunni’nog in front of IK, Sheggra and Mercy has me feeling a little giddy. :smiling_imp:

djhl’s team was actually Knight Coronet / Archon Statue / Deep Borer / Archon Statue, not two Coronets.

So Deep Borer ended up fueling both Archons with its ability - given they’re relatively cheap to charge - with Water Link helping Coronet and itself as mentioned. The main issue with vsing the team was that this was back when skull teams were all the rage, such as ones used Skeleton or Keeper of Souls - i.e. the then-best soul-farming team of Skeleton / Valkyrie / Slime / Keeper. Three Stoneskin and one Armored made those matches very slow. And the Archon Statues also pack Undead Slayer.

Edited for correctness.

4 Likes

Yes, you’re right. My mistake.

@Alpheon

Any word on when we are getting dual-Types?

1 Like