CONSOLE: Troop Release Plans

At some point between now and the end of time, however it’s definitely Soon™. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really though it’s on the To-Do list, and we’re hoping it’ll be in the next update.

4 Likes

This guy gets it.

2 Likes

Any Apocalypse news/spoilers?

He’s the master of the Alliance of Evil, probably wouldn’t want to run into him in a dark alley.

2 Likes

Any plans to sell bulk glory for dollars during the catch up?

1 Like

X glory a day for 15 days would be nice.

1 Like

Currently we have no plans to offer glory as a purchasable currency.

4 Likes

@Sirrian You know what that means?

2 Likes

Which is logical, I wouldnt see any glory in buying glory. Not glorious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Selling glory makes sense to me. Easy money. Unless holding it back directly causes people to spend more on everything else.

I would guess that the need to earn glory is what keeps people actively playing on a weekly basis. It’s the only thing that can’t be bought, and it’s used to get both new content and the most valuable traitstones. Selling glory would probably cause a substantial but ultimately short-lived increase in player spending. There are a number of mechanisms in the game to encourage people to log in on a daily or weekly basis, but glory is probably the most compelling.

1 Like

The biggest downfall to selling Glory would be Gems of War losing it’s f2p label.

Considering it’s heralded as one of the best f2p games ever, I doubt development will change their minds.

Id say it is a fairly tight balance between keeping people logging in and eventually turning them away by forcing them to log in several times a day… just to scrape through. I know what side of the spectrum I am on now.

I still think selling it during consoles catch up is a good idea.

Well we are getting 2-4x Troops a week so there’s no need (PC didn’t get extra Glory when they got multiple Troops).

Hell, if PC doesn’t stop with the 3x Troop weeks, there isn’t any catch-up at all…

I knew they’d have to give console users 2+ troops a week to slightly catch up to the PC crowd, so that’s why I was super careful with my glory and only splashed it out on super important traitstone packs. Even then, I’ve still got 6 5 star kingdoms and will have more when this new update arrives while my glory currently sits just under 20,500.

I was just super cautious with what I spent, did a lot planning and it’s payed off massively. I do play a lot, however, I can’t control what troops I get from keys and that’s a massive factor to what team you use obviously.

I’m sorry, but there’s no way they’ll ever sell glory for real money since it’s arguably the most important end game currency and certainly won’t sit well with a LOT of people.

Once you get Divion Fields, Pan’s Vale, Pridelands, Wild Plains and Whitehelm to 3 stars, you’ll get a super decent supply of glory and, providing you’ve got a decent team, can pvp for added glory, too.

It just takes a bit of dedication, planning and playing to see your efforts pay off in this game. At least in my opinion.

1 Like

Ive been saving glory for months and only spending it on traitstones for the odd legendary I use. I have about 7k.

We are getting about 130 troops by the end of the year. Traiting the useful ones will be impossible. Making progress is bad enough as it is, you should look at it from the point of view of people that dont have resources coming out their backside.

Not asking for infinite free glory here.

Who has glory coming outta their backside? I wanna see.

1 Like

Want me to show you mine?

Edit: PM sent

2 Likes

Well 13 weeks until the end of the year. Say 3 Troops a week plus 3 Kingdoms, I count 50-60 Troops maximum.

In the meantime, PC will get the same amount of Troops. So there’s no catch-up at all from what has been announced.