Console Patch 1.096 Known Issues

Does it show an error message or anything before crashing? Or just quits back out to the console dashboard without warning? If you could take a screenshot or video of it occurring it always helps us track down the issue.

It exits the game and displays the error message that lets you send the error report to PS. I sent it all 3 times with video, but when I tried to go in and find my own footage I couldnā€™t record the past crash, it only started recording afterwards. I do think it was tied to the PSN maintenance, because after I was able to log in to my other MP games I had no problems opening chests anymore. I am still worried about the rewards, each time I signed in the keys were used and Iā€™m not sure if I got all the rewards.

i donā€™t know if it was already mentioned but when maw devour a troop and other team summon a troop who take the same place then the guy who get devoured , we can see the maw devour animation at the same time the summoned troop is showing

I had the same issue yesterday, but only when trying to purchase gem keys. I was able to open gold chests without any problem. After rebooting my PS4, everything worked fine.

1 Like

Great - thank you for that! Weā€™re tracking down as many stability bugs as we can.

As for your rewards, we handle the rewards from your keys on our server, so even if you suffer errors between spending and receiving the rewards, if your keys/currency has been deducted, then your rewards have been recorded. Though nothing is foolproof, so in the case you havenā€™t received your rewards, start a ticket with our support team and theyā€™ll get you the rewards you should have. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™ve been enjoying gow for a while but I have noticed quite a few bugs in my game:

In PVP after the fight it says iā€™m champion of Adana. I have never had Adana set as my home kingdom. I started with broken spire and changed to khaziel. My title in my guild shows the correct kingdom.

Every class except the one I have equipped says it is my active class. I am however receiving the correct class bonuses.

The home kingdom shows an x2 next to the tribute value but the correct amount is already displayed. A gold star does not change it to x4. I noticed playing on the android version the kingdom shows the base amount and then the multiplier. In this case the x2 should probably not be displayed.

Iā€™m playing on the xbox one. The A button is extremely sensitive. Sometimes it acts like I pressed it twice. This has caused me to cast spells unintentionally in battle when I wanted to read the spell info, iā€™ve accidentally opened a gold chest sometimes when just clicking on the chests icon in the menu, and iā€™ve gone into battle without being able to view the enemy troops or change my team. I tried another controller and it does the same thing. My girlfriend played on the console some and it happened to her also.

When I receive a new weapon from mastery increase my class magic bonus no longer applies to my current weapon until I view a weapon in the troops/hero menu. I thought this was fixed in the last patch but it still happens every time.

When putting multiple traits on the same card without leaving the upgrade screen the game does not display runic traitstones required for the second trait but it still uses them out of my inventory.

Itā€™s very rare but sometimes iā€™ve matched 4 gems and did not get another turn.

I have noticed if a guild member logs in two or three days after the trophies and gold reset they donā€™t always get reset. Their new trophies and gold get added on to the previous weekā€™s values.

There are a few things that seem like bugs but iā€™m not sure:

I only receive 100 gold per day for for my vip bonus. My girlfriend plays on android and receives 1000 gold per day for her vip bonus.

After I reached about level 60 in the game I have rarely got matched with someone near my level in pvp. I am currently level 212 but got matched up today with many level 600+ players and even one that was level 1000. In my revenge menu it shows I have been attacked by a level 728 player. Every card of theirs is mythic, has all traits, and has very high stats. Why were they able to invade a much lower level player?

Hi Athrillskr, thank you for the list of bugs youā€™ve found! Some of them weā€™ve known about and weā€™re already in the process of fixing them, others are new and weā€™ll look into fixing them. :slight_smile: PvP is getting quite an overhaul in the next update, so I hope youā€™ll find the matching process much better.

2 Likes

Hey again, I am now pretty certain that the problem I had before is definitely tied to the PSN maintenance, because the same error has reoccured today during PSN maintenance after everything was fine before.

I get the following blue screen when attempting to redeem keys for chests:

ā€œAn error has occured in the following application.
(CE-34878-0)
GemsofWarā€

On the next screen it then gives me the option to report to Sony Interactive Entertainment and I do with Screenshot and Video Clip. Unfortunately again I have the same problem as before with the video/screens not being accessible from my own console once sent.

After crashing, the keys that I used disappear and presumably my rewards are there when I log in although I canā€™t be sure.

I have been able to reproduce the error at will by opening glory chests and/or buying a gold chest.

Is there a way to re-sync the guild trophies/gold reset with the event reset? Were they ever in sync? Also, at least on xb1, some of my guild gets reset late Sunday/very early Monday, then reset again after the reset. Iā€™ve also got one member who hasnā€™t been reset in 3 weeks.

2 Likes

As we generally require access to PSN to run our online services, itā€™s difficult to guarantee the correct behavior when playing during maintenance. However, the game should never result in that screen (or thatā€™s what we try to achieve anyway XD). Weā€™ll look into addressing this.

1 Like

We would like everything to be synced up eventually - reset times, events, etc. Itā€™s on the cards, so if anything is out of sync weā€™ll be looking into it.
As for the non-resets and double resets, weā€™ll look into the causes of these.

1 Like

@Mr.Strange spilled Dr. Pepper on the computer while tinkering with the server once. Maybe that caused an issue?

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply Alpheon! Iā€™m glad you guys are getting the bugs worked out. :slight_smile:

I did some pvp this morning and noticed my heroā€™s card actually shows the Adana kingdom on it. Iā€™m using the sorcerer class so it should be Karakoth. I thought maybe this is related to the bug that says after a battle than Iā€™m champion of Adana. I also saw several other players with the warlord class equipped and their card also showed the Adana symbol. It should have been broken spire.

In the next update will there be a way to see the other playerā€™s team bonuses? When I first started pvp some teams really surprised me when I started the battle. Most notable were the goblin teams. Iā€™m getting better at knowing what to look for now but I think this would really help newer players.

You should be able to see team bonuses if you look at the enemy character cards. Not at their spell or traits - at the base card. A pop-up should display bonuses there.

I think he was referring to ā€œScoutingā€ if you look at the opponents troops before the match starts. Once the match starts they are dramatically higher once everything is applied (mostly a newer player issue as they donā€™t have access to strong Invade teams)

Hello Mr. Strange,

Thanks for your reply. :slight_smile: Are you sure this works on the xbox one? It definitely does not work on my game. I have played the Android version and have seen the team bonuses pop up as you described. I just checked. The enemy had all undead troops and all four were unique. When viewing each card I just get a funny comment.

Hi Strat,

I wasnā€™t referring to scouting exactlyā€¦ I do use scouting to view the enemy troops. On the Android version if you view an enemy card it will show the team bonuses that will be applied after entering battle. Iā€™m playing on the xbox one and it doesnā€™t do it in my game. It is definitely more helpful for newer players.

@Athrillskr yeah console doesnā€™t have the pop-up yet.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Itā€™s great to have a dev on the job around here.

@death Iā€™m glad itā€™s not just me lol! Thanks for your reply!