Climbing up Guild Wars brackets - Case example: Gems of Thr0nes (PS4)

That’s so funny. Our guilds’ journeys have been so similar. We’re now up to… 54? I think we’ll make it up to where we belong by… oh, given the math… December of 2020 at best?

“…so, uh, where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?” Asked in casual conversation…
“Oh, I don’t know, probably throwing an offline reunion with copious amounts of alcohol to wash away the misery and ‘celebrate’ reaching breaking into the Top 10 brackets alongside the 29 other people I’ve spent online playing a ‘game’ against players who’ve been AWOL for months and in some cases years because the developers said so it should take 3x longer than the already broken system they had.”

Yeah, no, that’s not where I’ll be in 3-5 years. I dunno about you. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of this week. I think the devs took for granted that every new guild would be comprised of players still slowly building their deck and by extension not completing all tasks each week so not increasing their statue levels at rate to be competitive in higher GW brackets. And that will be true most of the time. But our guilds fall into the exception and the problem with locking us into low GW brackets is that we also devour the lower guilds who actually are in their correct bracket and competitive if they weren’t against us. There is absolutely ZERO reason not to place guilds in brackets based on actual score.

Gems of Thrones are all end game players. The highest level player on PS4 (as far as I know) is in our guild. We are the first guild to beat Risin’ Phreekz in GW’s while we were Lost Winds but we are in bracket 61.

Beyond frustrating.

2 Likes

@PHR33KP0W4 is the highest player on ps4, being over 1,600.

Anyways, I think there should be a minimum of 25 players in a guild to participate in guild wars, then the half dead guilds wouldn’t be in the way.

This has to be frustrating for all newer guilds and I think needs to be addressed

Good luck to Gems of Thrones, we’ll be waiting up there, your guild was one of our favorite rivals.

2 Likes

Ah, forgot about him. Hasn’t been on PVP leaderboard in awhile.

So correction, one of the highest. Dixie is at 1448 I believe.

2 Likes

You forgot about @Graeme, lol. Gowdb.com has all of that as long as the player signs up.

1 Like

But yes, Dixie is up there in top players of course.

1 Like

That’s why I changed it to “one of” the highest. I also remember seeing ndhcity had caught up and probably passed Dix by now.

2 Likes

A lot of full timers on there for sure, hard to keep up, I’m at 1226.

3 Likes

It is so hard to enter ranked pvp top 100 when you love casual… :rofl:

I am level 1621 atm. No mastery or hero upgrades beyond 1501, but still 100 glory and one event key every single level (hope it stays that way forever up to level 10.000). And maybe another hero boost on level 2000. Top guy on PC will know it soon.

As far as I know, Graeme is second about 130 levels behind me, and Dixie must be third.

But who knows… There could be a shy PS4 vip level 20 massive EXP farmer smashing my top position in the shadows. :joy:

1 Like

PHR33KPOW4 how long have you been playing and what VIP level are you? At your level it must take between 400 and 620 matches to gain a single level :thinking:

I’m sitting at 1338 but I’ve only been playing under 10 months for all but 50 of those levels (despite starting the game shortly after it came out I played to 50 than left for a couple years).

I chatted on Discord with the fellow on PC / Mobile that is in the 1800’s he is only VIP 3 which makes his level even more insane imo.

cheers

I am vip 6 and I have bought a couple of rings of wonder lately, which means 155 exp on normal and 191 on warlord IV. I started in november 2015 and I was the second one who reached level 1000 on ps4. Then a lot of time in 1000 until the update. And since then I was behind a couple of guild mates until they left the game and I took the top position. Some days I play more than others, but I would say my average is one level per day.

If PC guy is only vip 3, it is simply awesome. Some will say he has no life. I say he lives for GOW, which is great. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Seems like some guilds didn’t like the update and quit. Thus we rose 4 brackets to Bracket 57. Excellent update, thanks devs! Do more of these which make people stop playing the game please!

3 Likes

LOL we weren’t so lucky. From 54 to 51. But it’s… progress?

Three week’s ago results:

This week, so far we’re at 320,000 on day 2. Closest guild of any in 3 brackets visible is 33,000. So yep. Same ol’ same ol’!

1 Like

We only went up the expected 20 ranks from 221 to 201 :frowning: oh well one day we’ll get there (or we won’t I guess depends if we still have players left many many months from now)…

We are only on day 2 of course but already about 10x higher than our closest guild “opponent” in second place. (we are also about 10x higher than the #1 placed guild in bracket 20 at rank 191 currently ahead of us as well)

1 Like

I’m happy you all have to fight to get there. When gems first came out it took months just to get to level 200. You newbies get it in a day. I was happy when I got 5 keys in a week, fricken 100 gild per pvp, n they hand them out like candy now. Quit your whinning, took me 3 years to get to bracket 1, it will take you 3 months. Loyal ol ppl that should be mad.

I don’t think you’ve read or perhaps you don’t comprehend the thread. No one is getting to bracket one in 3 months the way things are now with GW every 3 weeks we probably won’t even get there in 3 years (new guilds certainly won’t unless something is changed). Our guild like the others posting here are beating our next closest competitor guild by a factor of 10x and we are only going up 2 brackets (20 spots) every 3 weeks.

1 Like

we-had-to-go-to-channel-3-back-in-my-day-meme

But seriously, everyone “complaining” here is a long-time, end-game player. We all remember the good old days of paying for PVP, and only having 80 troops to choose from, etc.

All we’re talking about here is allowing for the system to make it possible for the best guilds (defined by having a large number of high-performing GW players), being able to compete to reach the upper brackets within a few months, rather than years. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

5 Likes

Last GW week, this time as a video showing the tables of bracket above and below also

1 Like

Ours was pretty much the same and we had a lower score than usual as we had 2 people on Vacation and were short 2 others (guild was only 28/30 with 2 on vacation so really 26-30 and than I think we had a couple that didn’t even bother to play on top of that as really it doesn’t matter we can have 4 or 5 people just play and still win our brackets easily)

1 Like

It’s interesting that even Bracket 21 is so easy. What is the difference between bracket 20 and 80? I see none. Maybe one guild is superior, the next best are 100k-300k point scorers. Then there are the ones who have less than 10 matches played during the week. Same sh*t from bracket 10 to 1000.

If your guild plays 600 matches during the week, congrats you win, no matter if the bracket is 10 or 1000. Excellent system.