Climbing up Guild Wars brackets - Case example: Gems of Thr0nes (PS4)

Actually we got only 2 brackets this week from 81 to 79. So if this pace keeps up, it will take 40 more weeks meaning that it takes over a year for a new guild to rise through the ranks. Let me repeat: Over a year.

1 Like

It takes a long time it switched to a maximum of 20 as soon as we hit “below” the “400” rank. Best of luck I’ll update here later if the 20 drops to 10 (or changes up which is unlikely)

Cheers

So annoying B. Hoping they change this sooner rather than later. It’s not only about the competitiveness, which we should be in bracket one, but it’s also about the lack of resources obtainable at this level. We are all endgame players who had a problem with our Guild so we did what we needed to and left as a group. Feels like the current system is punishing us for that decision.

3 Likes

Well with the changes coming in 3.3 in February it will be only one GW week every 3rd week so only 40 ranks in 6 weeks. I asked about this during the Q&A stream as I’m concerned as I’m sure many others that are involved with guilds like the OP and mine that are working our way up to the top. We figured it would be 6 months but now it is looking like 18 months!
Anyway I asked Nim and Sir and they said after 6 weeks they’d look at the ranks gained and possibly tweak it so lets hope for the guilds in position 1 that are 1 million plus points where number 2 is 100k get more than 20 ranks per week once this change comes in game. We were hoping for 80 ranks a month now it’s down to 40 every 2 months :frowning:

1 Like

Let’s just hope for a new way to play that is equal to all guilds and work away from the guild wars.

1 Like

Week #17

Week #18

Week #19

Week #20

Steady pace of 3 brackets/week lately. As I say this we probably get up only one bracket this week, lol.

Have you lost any of the core members since the announcement of tri-weekly GW?

No. That update will actually be good for us in regards of rewards. As long as the new game modes can yield as good rewards as GW.

Sure GW will be worse …before they change the bracket system. I am personally very excited about that one too. If they change the whole idea of rising and dropping in brackets in a way that we can skyrocket to bracket 1 instantly… …probably not, but I can keep dreaming.

BTW we rose to rank 15 in trophy leaderboard last week and our statues are close to level 80 bonuses. Every other aspect than GW feels nice when you are involved in building a new “empire” of a guild.

1 Like

Week #21
We won bracket 67 and rose 2 brackets to br 65 for this week. No pic this time.

TAG is still on a maximum of 20 spots as appears to be the norm now :frowning: we are stilling at 261 up from 281 last week and 301 the week before. I expect we’ll be at 241 next week despite beating the #2 guild by well over million points (we’ll probably beat the #1 team in the bracket ahead of us by over a million points as well if today’s scores are any indication of what is #1 in the 251 bracket)

2 Likes

Week #22
We won bracket 65 and got up 3 brackets, no pic since I was lazy

Week #23 (Sunday - missing still some matches…)

Ok, so from now on Guild Wars changes to 3-week schedule.

I’m kind of bored to updating this topic. Maybe I’ll write something later when we get more used to the new system with update 3.3.

Have you come across lost winds yet? Lol

You’d just be updating it once a month now unless something changes and I think once you guys hit the 400’s it going to drop to only 20 ranks a month jump (2 brackets) so I’d expect your guild rise to the top to hit a brick wall (like ours as well) over the next few months unless the dev’s change something

2 Likes

I’m hoping they take the opportunity introduced by this new update/events to shuffle things up a bit. There is just an ocean of uncompetitive guilds below the top few brackets.

1 Like

soon you’ll run into the holiday scam - guild hoiidays that when over push division winners down a spot.

bearing in mind how much rewards are geared towards hyperactivity, rewarding zero is more than ironic.

We got up 1 bracket in 3 weeks. Now bracket 61. So see you guys in bracket 1 in 2022!

Much respect for your grind back to the top. Congrats so far. 2022 lmao

We are dealing with this on Xbox as well, case being: Of Ares And Athena (XBox) and had repeated assurances from @Kafka that our feedback had been received by the development team, the problem of a move for this grind from 1-2 brackets/week vs. 1-2 brackets every 3 weeks.

The now 2-year journey ahead of us to continue climbing brackets is unacceptable (we’ve managed to get up to 54 scoring 1.1-1.3 million points per week while mostly being able to keep 30 members that’re meeting end-game requirements without the rewards of those guilds in top 3 brackets). We can’t fault the members who get poached by guilds in Brackets 1 and 2 because honestly, our guild is comprised of players who can handle that level and deserve the rewards of being in such highly-ranked guilds. But you’re destroying the guild framework and any potential for progress that successful (but still climbing) guilds have to even continue their existence.

God help the newer players who I see actually trying to start new guilds. They have no idea what’s in store for them. It needs to be corrected now that GW is every 3 weeks.

2 Likes

I responded on your new topic thread.

You sure did. You’ll note this wasn’t my original thread. So, the ongoing concerns since 2017, that’ll now extend into 2020 by the other users who’ve chatted here may deserve a reply–and ACTUAL follow-through as well.