Chest opening rituals?

So as everyone here knows I’m the new-ish guy here. I have been playing for almost a month now and I have opened all types of chests over the this time. There is a lot of legendaries I still need and I pretty much need all of the mythics except for one.

So my question is this:

Do any of you’s do anything for good luck before you open chests?

Or do you guys have a system for opening chests?

Maybe opening them one at a time or ten at a time? Go for broke and just tell the system to open them all and come back when it’s finished? Or eating something before you open them? Maybe some mystical hand motion as each chest is opening?

Personally I stick out my hand like that Luke guy from them Star Wars movies to will the chests into giving me the cards I want.

I know this sounds nuts but hey, it’s not really crazy if it works, right? Ok, so the Star Wars thing don’t really work all the time but it got me my first mystic the other day and now I’m sold on the Star Wars thing and I’m gonna do it again when I open my next batch of chests later this week.

Anyways, I just thought this might be a silly but fun topic just to pick everyone’s brain. Then again, it won’t hurt to have an edge to get that mythic, right?

3 Likes

If I’m really after something I press my mouse button down hard and hold it for a fraction of a second more than I usually do. (I’ll probably break my mouse doing this one day…)

4 Likes

I sacrifice a goat to RNGesus lol, JK, I open them one at a time accept for when a new kingdom comes out then I do about 25K gold keys in a row and at lease 3K glory keys and that would take way too long

My system for chests is I only open gold keys when a new kingdom is released, I only open glory, gem, vip, and guild chests when a new mythic is available. I only open event chests when new a legendary is available.

I try to open in batches of 50, doing 1 at a time takes too long, and doing 200 might just waste a ton of keys

1 Like

I like a good, clean altar, to start with. There’s something neat about old, worn ones with the little cracks in them, but it really works better if it’s new, I think.

The ritual knife has to be sharp. I’ll usually spend a few hours on that. I don’t like the deals with the curvy blades, that’s for posers. I’m way more utilitarian, though having a little skull engraved in the blade is nice.

After that, I stick to the book. One time I tried to embellish the ritual and it didn’t go well. I had to use the salt I’d set aside for margaritas for the banishing, and I was a sad panda.

7 Likes

You can open them?

15 Likes

I use some Gold Keys to “warm up” the RNG.

These days, I open Glory and Gem Chests one at a time, as I’m usually in the mood for using only a handful of keys.

With Event Chests, I will typically go in batches of ten, and just yesterday, on Console (Xbox One), I was able to make the game crash. :confused: (There’s a thread somewhere on the forums discussing similar experiences with Event Chests as of late.)

1 Like

Puppy%20sleeping%20with%20newborn%20kid

how could you sacrifice this poor lil guy ??? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes
  1. Check the forum for success to see if the new troop in question is actually in the chests.
  2. Watch Global Chat on console for a success notification to see if it’s actually in he Chests. (Gold Standard)
  3. Open.
5 Likes

Like Strat, I first make sure that other people have gotten the troop before I open a single chest.

Then, I use keys one by one until I get a round number of keys. For example, I had 284 event keys Monday. The plan was to open one by one until I hit 250. After that, I would open a 50 key bundle. However, I got the legendary troop after 9 keys. So, I stopped there. :cat: I was a happy kitty that day.

Other than that, I have the habit of using this sequence for mythic week: x% glory keys, x% seals, y% gem keys. I usually get the mythic in the maxed guild chest surprisingly. I rarely ever resort to using VIP keys. I’ve always had bad luck with them.

I always go into chest openings with a set limit I will spend. I don’t deviate from this spending limit.

6 Likes

This is the S-Rank protip right here.

4 Likes

Hmm…:thinking:

1. Check the forum for success to see if the new troop in question is actually in the chests.
  2. Watch Global Chat on console for a success notification to see if it’s actually in he Chests. (Gold Standard)
  3. Pet a bunny for good luck.
  4. Pet the bunny again.
  5. And again.
  6. Open chests.
  7. Pet the bunny more; even if you didn’t get the troop, the bunny will make you happy again.

There, fixed it.:blush:
Squishy-Bunny-bunny-rabbits-38765481-245-184

(No really, I just open the chests, but always start with the ones with the lowest probability - as in, when a new mythic gets released, I start with Glory, then Gem, then VIP.)

5 Likes

Don’t you mean…

3. Pet a bunny for good luck.
  4. Pet the bunny again.
  5. And again.
  6. Go back to 4.
  7. Chests? What chests?

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Nice post, may the bunny technique bring you good Luck on Friday!

A little background: You are fairly safe on PC, but have no idea the amount of mistakes console players have endured over the years with the Chest drop table. It fosters excessive caution.

“My paranoia wasn’t always right, but just to be on the safe side, I never went to sleep with a clown in the room.”

2 Likes

That would indeed be the ideal way to tackle things, except for you devs since you would then go bankrupt and I didn’t want to be responsible for such a horror scenario.
…Well, I guess if you would then change “Gems of War” to “Petting of Bunnies” and instead of killing troops you have to make gem matches to feed and cuddle bunnies (all troops, every single one, would have to get changed to a cute bunny), that would be very successful.
…Actually, yeah, let’s go with your list. I wanna play “Petting of Bunnies”.:blush:
giphy

I don’t play enough anymore to have access to a huge amount of chests, sadly… and no bunny to pet, actually. I fear I am doomed. :frowning:

And well, I have fallen for wrong chest information as well, but indeed it has been only once or twice. I agree that it really sucks, though!

2 Likes

Upon every Mythic Exclusive release Fridays I am having a boiled egg for breakfast. Sometimes I get lucky, and other times not.

1 Like
  1. Open all the keys that I have.
  2. Don’t get what I want.
  3. Curse the game and RNG.
  4. Feel shite the rest of the day.
  5. Start saving for next mythic Friday.
  6. See 1.
5 Likes

I forget to open my chests and just wait until I need the troops (e.g. opening a few extra gold chests around invasion/raid for potential extra troops) or there’s a new legendary or mythic :smiley:

I pretend I see this in my mind and wait for that one string of Mythic code to flash by before pressing the Open button. :sunglasses:

Matrix-655990

4 Likes

Are you sure you don’t open the secret dev chest that costs 1 gem and guarantees a mythic?