Changes to Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (4.7)

You understand that perfectly right.

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying and I believe you are correct. If I remember correctly, initial information that was released indicated 10,000 gold would complete the first level of an Epic task tree. Now it is showing it will take 150,000 gold to complete the first level. If that is the case, it is indeed 15x higher!

2 Likes

This is really sad. It’s like people are playing your game too much and too fast, so instead of coming up with new and better ideas, you instead apply this massive nerf so that most (my guess) of your player base can’t access LTs, which is a part of your game! Something you implemented! And you are taking it away!
PS: if you don’t have “new and better” ideas, just work on balance. Look at games like starcraft, dota, slay the spire, still getting tweaked months, years after release.

1 Like

True but note the reward for the first tier has also increased. Not 15x but higher nonetheless.

Also note that the total rewards for new ETs is arguably more than 31.5 current LTs. :point_down:

Except none of the Legendary Tasks can grant Legendary/Mythic troops, and there was always the “random” factor of Legendary Tasks. Here you know exactly what you’re getting, and 75% of it is trash for most players.

2 Likes

The original plan for the update was to make epic tasks specific to a particular type of reward. Fleg and others advocated and advised that all guilds should ignore most epic tasks except for wars week in order to maximise stats and bag some LTS. He and ROJO represent the 2 highest guilds on xbox 1. So, continued complaints from the elite and strategy recommendations have denied lower achievers the chance to focus on specific rewards that may benefit a low to mid level guild as was the original aim. Now, rewards are distributed akin to the original basic tasks…keys here and keys there. The top guilds have forgotten the days of progression that brought them to elitism. So now they complain that they must do all tasks at 1.5 million each to maintain their superiority. The lower guilds have been lost in this respect…they can’t focus on specific rewards and thus lose out to some extent. It’s really quite amusing how incessant whining by the elite negatively impacts the majority of players. Same old story.

6 Likes

If a guild was not benefitting from 31.5 LTs in 4.6, they won’t be benefitting from ETs in 4.7 - effectively a non-factor.

However every guild who was completing guild tasks and < 31.5 LTs now has an opportunity to get resources (Deeds, etc.) unavailable to them for gold deposits previously without losing the LT keys most seemed to complain about. With a little strategy and communication mid-range guilds are positioned to be better after the update.

This latest change has turned 4.7 into a plus for everyone imo.

I am not sure who you define as “elite” but all in the guilds already doing 31.5+ LTs weekly are benefitting for this update so I do not understand why they would whine.

3 Likes

Correct but the individual seal cap increase (without the guild chest level breakpoints changing), more than makes up for the miniscule chance of pulling those cards from 31.5 LTs.

I clarified the elite in my post. ROJO is accommodating to the changes as he always is…fleg whines about everything. Always. His guild have lost their top spot with trophies and that’s clearly a sore point. So wars is the priority. No question they are a well heeled and coordinated guild. BUT. …the intro of medals means the top brackets guilds stall attacks so they can use stronger def medals (eg triple nysha) which may not necessarily benefit their daily attack. So they wait and others do the same. Personally I would penalise guilds during wars that don’t fight 60% battles daily. It’s tiring watching the same so called top guilds exploiting everything they possibly can.

Oh and I would also slash gold from casual pvp. It’s 1 gem per reshuffle in ranked and a smidgeon of gold in casual. Reshuffling to find firebomb teams with ring of wonder gold teams is totally wrong.

To me this update feels like many of the previous updates over the last few years. It’s just bad enough to make the game more work and less fun, but just good enough to get everyone to feel all compromised to bend over and take it.

1 Like

For what its worth, no one talks about trophies in the guild and we have a req of 0 trophies.

3 Likes

Fair dos…but I wouldn’t know if that’s true or not. You are one of the players I respect most in this game…always helpful and informative. I salute that attitude. But we do agree that empowerment is out of control.

1 Like

@Thevc You have to cool it with the call outs. If you have gripes with players, send them a PM and hash it out.

2 Likes

That’s not a call out. It’s observational truth. I don’t think stalling on wars fights exhibits sportsmanship. But yes it’s not the fault of the guilds who exploit it…it’s a dev issue.

Remember I said that these guilds were well heeled and organised. That’s a compliment not a criticism

Was just thinking, instead of the tokens we get now, why not make it a random token for each?? That means 9 random tokens, and a chance at the good ones. Would remove the complaints that they are only useless, replace them with the complaints of RNGesus same as with orbs, but would make people happier that there is a chance at better tokens than those 2.

Orb of Chaos is one of my least favorite things of Gems of War. The less slot machines we have, the better. We don’t need a Token of Chaos…

10 Likes

It would be a lot easier for them to just add the Nysha token back again. Neither a lot of us to ask for.

5 Likes

Ain’t happening Elka. And that’s OK with me. LTs can give 30 legendary or mythics and that’s what is being stopped

Never said it would happen. I just countered Smash.

That only affects individual chances of pulling a mythic… when someone completed a legendary task and pulled a troop, everyone in the guild who receives that legendary task got that same troop. That’s why the chance to get a mythic was so low, but it was also an exciting event, because it was an opportunity for everyone in the guild to receive something that was beneficial.

And you’re telling me that it’s OK because now every player has more seals they can turn in for a chance at a mythic? Even if everyone turned in those “extra” seals and got a mythic at the same rate as they would have from legendary tasks, one person is going to be getting Infernus while another gets Fallen Valdis.

2 Likes