Changes to Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (4.7)

Which rewards, the first version of Epic Tasks? Those were just a rough draft for review, it would hardly be fair to complain about something getting changed that you never received. Besides, word has it that we are actually getting more deeds/writs now than before.

Given a choice, I’d rather take 500 gem keys and 150 event keys instead of a small chance for a random mythic. The former allows me to pull the troops I still want quite reliably, the latter tends to be a pleasant surprise I don’t have any use for. Besides, there’s a pile of other somewhat useful resources thrown in.

Thanks for reminding me. @Saltypatra Thank you. This feels like a compromise the vast majority should be happy with, it addresses almost all concerns quite nicely.

Each epic task is still themed, e.g. blue for chaos shards. Keys and traitstones were thrown in as an extra, so you get something on top of the themed resources you might no longer need.

Wut? where you see 500 extra gems keys? her eon earth i dont see them, on my little pony world maybe they show up.

You talk like are “extra”, maybe you shold read better Salty post, doing ALL epic tasks now we get around same number of keys of doing 31 lt’s but NO RANDOM CHANCE to get troops.

“Words” come from a beta tester that seen it and no, we get Deeds (that basically ONLY guilds that will almost complete Epic task are gonna get) that there wasnt “before” but LESS writs.

And yes we also get a BIG PILE of “something”, totally useless to “us” that complete EpicFail Tasks, maybe useful to new players, new players that WONT get them cuz anyway they wont have enough golds to do epic task.

But yes, am gonna join you :3.

Just replace the last “OK.” with the above “Thank You devs!” :3.

9 Likes

The increased seal cap gives access to troops at a higher level than previously. OK random LT mythics may be off limits to most but your weekly effort and higher seals means more guild chests and more troops. I am struggling now to understand why the introduction of epic tasks was necessary when the rewards have barely changed from LTS after the rework. Other than giving away 30 leg or mythic troops instead of one.

I was correct all along when I said this was directly targeting the random Mythic and Legendary troops given by LTs. This is a card collection game and they took out all the chances to get new cards.I still dont see this as a win.

7 Likes

Maybe, still waiting for that stream on which we will know how many more seals we can gather in 4.7 but tbh my expectations seen the lately trend arent really high.

Tbh think will be already a miracle if cap will go up to 2k a week.

Not that i personally need lt’s either, look like i got some luck at pulling cards (got 3 of the lastest without really hurting any of my stash and without even touching gem keys one) but those that dont should be lot more pissed off about the loss of that “microslim” chance of getting a myth from it (even tho according to Salty chance to get a mythic from 31 LT’s is around 20%, not really what i call “microslim”)

I represent the other side of the RNG lottery regarding today’s mythic drop. All keys down (several thousand) plus 85k glory for a few legendaries and nothing more. Not my day but cest la vie. I’ve had cheap mythics in the past. Swings and roundabouts.

1. I’m disappointed that we can’t get higher rarity Tokens.

2. Mixing resources makes it impossible to exclude certain Epic Tasks to save up for LTs during GW (or similar strategies). Feels like a lot less choice.

10 Likes

I totally see where you’re coming from with the mixed-up tasks. I wish it were possible to focus-fire and get just what I want. But I also want keys (gem more than event), so I like the fact that I get some for targeting the things I want most. So I can’t make up my mind whether I like the reorganization or dislike it.

The gain in deeds (admittedly with a large spend) is definitely a gain. The loss of tokens is definitely a loss. I wonder if it would be possible to strip out some of the rewards in the red task and get higher-rarity tokens back.

2 Likes

As an end-game player, this is what the new rewards look like to me. And seriously, once again, who actually uses those ingots? I am really curious, because when I started playing, I was using my first Legendary and Class mythic weapon in like a week. The same was true when my wife started playing.

9 Likes

For the completionist, Epic Ingots were very valuable for a time. But that time ended with the introduction of Mecha Gnome.

My own experience, with the goal of maxing every weapon (except Doomed) for Kingdom stars (and completion), was that I got plenty of Legendary and Mythic Ingots from farming Warrens for about 6 months, but I was having to convert Ultra-Rares to Epics (not Commons to Rares, once I did the maths and realised the crazy Soul cost). I was 40 Epic Ingots short of completion when Mecha Gnome came out, and was done within a week of that.

I think that’s a great example of how a small change to an economy can make a difficult goal super-easy. Like when Diablo III removed half the Gem types and all the hours I’d spent trying for a Star Gem achievement were wiped out in a moment.

Pretty much this, yeah. There’s not a lot there.

2 Likes

Keep polishing this turd its shinning bright now.

4 Likes

Why take away the nysha token? That was one of the few good things from the new task set.

4 Likes

Spreading out the keys among different task sets makes it less likely for people to get them now. That was another thing that could’ve benefited the players in less active guilds. It’s nice that the devs are trying to make changes to appeal to the players, this just seems to be going about it in the wrong way.

1 Like

I guess there’s more keys now? Not sure what the rewards were before. So I guess it kinda makes sense? I don’t know. Anyway, please reconsider giving the nysha tokens.

Is it just me, or has the entrance cost of the Epic Tasks been changed, too?

Wasn’t it 10k gold before? Now it’s 15 times higher?

Am I misreading something? Were the upper bands’ costs reduced or something to compensate?

Also—very sad at the loss of high-rarity tokens. And at the spread-out style of the reward distribution that makes targeting specific things you want without losing others you also want nearly impossible. Before, we could get what we wanted by ignoring the junk.

1 Like

The total for completing one epic task was 5,220,000 before. Now, the total for completing one epic task is 5,250,000.

2 Likes

total resource comparison with old tasks plus LTs and new epic tasks. This does not include the seal increase which is probably between 25-50 seal keys depending on what the increase is to. Not sure if there was confirmation on that number.

The biggest gripe people have here is to get these resources you have to reach 46.26 million as they are scattered among the tiers. To that I would say, yeah, that’s the whole point. It wasnt meant to put back LTs, it was meant to make it a 1 to 1 value for your gold at completion. In fact I would argue the addition of deeds, writs, pet food far outweighs the lose of glory in that chart. This was a solid compromise in my opinion.

3 Likes

I know totals have changed slightly, but I mean the actual tier costs of the statues—the progression of access/cost.

Wasn’t it 10k gold for the first tier before? And now it’s 150k?

Overall, the resources bought won’t change IF a guild can buy them all.

BUT if the initial tiers are more expensive, then it will be even harder to unlock a few here and there to get some keys. You know, for the guilds that could have bought half of each new Epic Task rather than just choosing two to fully unlock.

I’m having trouble explaining myself—sorry if I’m unclear.

Attempt to illustrate: 150k gold at the old Epic Tasks would have bought the first of each statue (60k gold) and then also the second for almost 5 of them (100k).

Now that same 150k gold only unlocks one reward?

Or am I just misunderstanding?

2 Likes