Changes to Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (4.7)

Thanks Salty, this is in my mind a nice improvement over what we were expecting before. However i still would much much rather not have Epic tasks added since many rewards will be unused very shortly. at least now I wont feel complete ripped off until all my kingdoms are lvl15… personally still in the WHY!!! category on ingots, since the economy is FLOODED with ingots already…
(sorry if that sounded too negative, it is honestly better than what we were told before, thanks!)

This is a net positive from the previously announced spread of resources. IMO these new ETs are now worth more than the old 31.5 LTs.

Guilds that can normally get that many LTs are only giving up roughly 2100 glory for guaranteed Writs, Deeds, Pet Food, and Epic Ingots.

Kudos to the devs for reworking the ETs in light of all the community feedback. :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

I’m not sure about them myself. First the cost, the key payout is equal, traitstones are spread out, and there is a lot of other resources.

Most of these rewards can be earned easier elsewhere or as you said, the writs are in too low a quantity. If the writs were more useful, and one of each token rather than the bad ones were given instead, I’d be more fine with epic tasks on an individual level.

The thing is, while with a complete troop collection, this valuation technically is a better deal, but that “less than 20%” is perhaps my biggest pet peeve. I think most would rather a small chance at a nice payout than all these fluff rewards that give us an average.

LTs are a precious alternative to outright keys and can bring a guild together if they get a mythic with team building and a morale boost. One of my newer guildies completed an LT as an introduction, and everyone got a Vash. I can’t believe I have to even state the obvious that a mythic drop chance however “small” is better than a new resource you shoved down our throats.

I really appreciate the efforts here, but can someone please tell 505, or who ever pushed this new task system, that the best methods of gaining gold give us most of these rewards naturally? Pet rescues, delves, ingots, traitstones, etc.

When the literal only new benefit is a few deeds, I’d rather tokens and writs were in the LT pool instead.

TLDR: I appreciate the matching key payout, but I can’t accept trading a mythic drop chance for pvp and explore rewards.

3 Likes

Holy shit…
Does that mean the drop rate for Mythic LT is supposed to be between 150-200?

Excuse my excitement… I’ve only been waiting months (if not years) for a direct answer. :grinning:

3 Likes

I guess we had to wait for 4.7 so it could be written down.

1 Like

After our feed back, Dev realize we could just skip these Epic tasks, don’t finish them everyweek, so players will still have nice amount of LTs. What they do to enforce these Epic tasks? Scatter useful resources like event keys to every tier, every task. Now, it become super hard for players to say no to these tasks while we still want LT. Well done, Dev.

2 Likes

Wow, some players here seriously don’t deserve a compromise at all as nothing would make them happy but getting rid of epic tasks.

This is just proves my point about players here being so extremely out of touch with the general player base and not seeing the forest for the trees.

Salty, this update to epic tasks is a much better compromise! I love it and I’m truly glad this was able to get completed before 4.7 came out. I’m looking forward to seeing what other changes are in store.

7 Likes

This all looks good, except for one thing - the tokens. I was expecting something like 2 legendary tokens and 1 mythic token per week, basically a similar spread to ingots from PVP tiers… But the ones we’re getting are easily farmed and pretty much useless. I thought everyone asking for another way to get tokens was referring to epic rarity and above. I would ask the devs to strongly consider reorganising the tokens from epic red tasks to max out at a higher rarity.

Thank you for continuing to advocate for us and communicate openly about this issue, it’s very much appreciated.

14 Likes

This seems like a big step in the direction a lot of people were arguing for. I’m a little confused at the intent now, though; if the key distribution is about the same as legendary tasks, doesn’t this fail to rebalance the key economy?

The numbers on writs, jewels(!?), and tokens boggle the mind. I’m genuinely not complaining, I just don’t understand those numbers. Eight (8) jewels?

The deeds basically don’t exist for most guilds; they’re so deep in the task sets that you’ll only get 1 per 5 LTs you used to complete (and that’s if people coordinate).

This seems really weird, but it looks like a good-faith effort to compromise, so I appreciate it.

If anyone wants to use it.

Hope you are done changing things. :grimacing:

Edit - Fixed the order
Edit - Updated Dec. 9th to new tasks

13 Likes

it Looks like legendray Tasks now and would be worth the while grindind it ( at least 50% of all Things you spend Gold in ) so yeah Looks great compared to the first idea ^^

Thank you for the rework, and than you for releasing the new amounts and costs.

I agree with everyone else complaining about the tokens. It was 1 of the only things that people agreed were worth it, and now they are pretty much the most useless rewards due to the level of them, common and rare.

Overall though a very welcome change, thank you for listening and passing on the players feedback @Saltypatra. Very much appreciated

3 Likes

A lot of people in this thread can be categorized as follows:
One type of valuable rewards excludes to one color of epic tasks.
Players: NO NO NO
Every epic task has a little of everything.
Players: Finally dev listened to us!

I understand why they say people can’t do maths.

Can’t agree more. This change will kill a lots mid-range guild.

3 Likes

I’m kinda pacified. That’s a good thing. I was already looking out for a game to switch to after the patch.
It’s not usual for Devs to spread droprates (in this case for LTs esspecially) in this accuracy. Nothing that couldn’t be datamined by the fanbase but I appreciate that.

1 Like

Resource scattering is forcing people to try to complete all instead of focusing on the thing they really need.
This is a step back even if the rewards are better.
Before this change one guild could choose to not invest and renounce to a bunch of useless resources; now wherever you don’t invest, you’ll lose something valuable. The feeling for the latter is bad…
Again the philosophy “play 10h daily or you’ll stay back”. Not good.

Cannot agree more.

Edit. Thanks @Saltypatra anyway for the info. It’s always better to know than to imagine wrong

8 Likes

That is quite unexpected, I’m actually finding it hard to find anything to complain about. :astonished:
One nitpick, we get 100 jewels each day from the Dungeon. Getting 8 jewels from an Epic Tasks feels… underwhelming? Any chance this was supposed to be 80? Or something other than jewels?

3 Likes

Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Cannot agree more.
LTs only for the top of the tops, mid-range guilds won’t see them again

Just a few hours after Mythic Friday reset and here are 12 reminders why the 31.2 Million additional gold required to reach LT’s (and card drops) hurts players…this is a card collection game after all…!

(Have cut off the contributors names in case they didn’t want it to be put on the forums)

8 Likes

Wut? i still didnt read Shimrra reply when replied to other thread, imo there’s a lot more to complain now than before imo.

The rewards got nerfed a TONS (tokens ofc being the first being reduced to next to nothing and tbh even writs seem, tbh idgaff about 1 of each color deed, i like way more get writs and make the deeds i want).

So with the osom rework we can get now around same keys as doing LT’s and in exchange we give up any chance to get troops and we can gather lot more useless garbage we wont need and will stockpile even more.

But as someone said already is hilarious, now some ppls are thanking them like they got a present or something (maybe thinking to build some statues too) when at the end of the day with all that work and rework 99% of guilds will lose the chance of ever getting troops from LT and get some useless crap instead, 0,9% (like mine prolly) will just complete all tasks every week so only gonna lose the troops chancein exchange of some (useful) stats and the superharcore 0,1% gonna lose “a few” lt’s and that is.

3 Likes