From today (Friday 20th December 2019) we are changing the way we receive and handle bug reports for Gems of War.
The changes are:
- Bug Reports will only be accepted on the Community Forum from now on
- The Bug Reports will be checked every day by a Developer
- A Dev will reply to Bug Reports twice per week
Why are we making these changes?
The game community is constantly growing which means we needed to take another pass at evaluating and streamlining how we support the community.
Something we’ve found is that we receive multiple support tickets about the same bugs or reports we need more examples or information about from other players who may be affected.
Answering these tickets takes a considerable amount of time even though a lot of the tickets receive the same answer. By moving all bug reports to the forum, we can have each bug with its own thread where others with the same problem can add information, or see what helped others. It also means that a Developer only needs to reply to one bug report, and not to 50 bug reports about the same issue.
In response to moving bug reporting to the game forum, we are committing more time, more regularly to communicating with you on the forum about the issues you’re experiencing. Players who report bugs won’t have to wait as long for a response on the forum as they do when they submit a bug report ticket.
This doesn’t mean that a Dev will reply to every single bug report thread. Here are some examples of why a Dev won’t respond to a Bug Report Thread:
- If another player helps you, a Dev won’t respond unless further information or Dev confirmation is needed.
- If a bug is already on the Known Issues list, you might not receive a Dev response as we ask that you check our Known Issues before reporting a bug and we provide the link in the bug report template pinned to the bug report section.
- If a Bug Report contains abuse there won’t be a Dev response - We’re happy to take feedback about the game, decisions we’ve made and even the way we communicate with you, but if you abuse a staff member they’re not obligated to respond.
So, what are we going to do with this extra time we’ve saved?
We expect to be able to help between 100-200 more players per month in our support desk.
That means up to 200 more players per month, who need the 1:1 assistance with account and technical issues.
We have also updated our internal bug reporting tools and processes in order to more effectively communicate what is most important for our community and impacting you the most so we can take that into better consideration when prioritising issues.
We feel good about having more time for support tickets in addition to also being able to be more present in the Bug Report section of the forum which is something we’ve received feedback about!
To be clear we will always accept Technical issues via Support Ticket. You can find out how to submit a bug report and also the difference between a bug report and a Technical issue here:
How to report a bug