Change to PVP Scoring ❤

I guess I’m on the other side of the spectrum here, after analyzing fairly detailed how GW scoring works I made a lot of changes to my teams and the way I play. Things like not picking up an extra turn match in those situations where it will lower my total score. Probably doesn’t matter that much in the grand scale of things, I like paying attention to details though.

1 Like

Seems like a smart way to score a lot in PvP as well then. :man_shrugging:
(If knowledge doesn’t change your strategy what so ever, then there’s no need for knowledge.)

what is with gold?

It’s fair to say the argument over “security through obscurity” is old and has been talked over in a lot of contexts. Here’s how it breaks down in nice bullet point form.

• The more people know a secret, the more likely someone will tell it.
  • If the thing is public, everyone who is interested in finding the secret can plainly see it and decipher it.
  • If the thing is private and obfuscated, only the people most interested in finding the secret will find it.

So with a private algorithm, very few people will “crack” the code. That means it’s far less likely to be told to anyone. That’s what the devs want, right? Well, dark clouds with silver linings also strike with lightning. That also means, “The devs have unintentionally given a few players a distinct advantage.”

With a public algorithm, more people will “crack” the code because it’s in front of your face. Yes, that means leaderboard players or people interested in rewards alike will game it for more rewards/points. But then everyone can do it, not just a small group.

And, tangentially speaking:

If “the things we do to get more rewards” are outside what the devs think should be normal play, why is that what the algorithm rewards?

11 Likes

Goodbye 31 :wave: :wave:

2 Likes

It sure would even up the playing field.

Right now the ones that know can easily outscore the ones that don’t.

Its nice sitting with 57,516 in Bracket 1 and knowing someone else in the guild still beat me lol. Seems like yesterday when mid 56k seemed like nice scores.

2 Likes

Can anyone tell to subzero the pvp fix isint released yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

I LOVE this new scoring.

It’s out! It’s out! Let us know what you think. We will be reviewing the changes closely and seeing how they affect everyone over the next few weeks. <3

3 Likes

Look like now T3 is always 66 x me (vs a 13,8xx team or a 12xxx firebombs team is the same) what i like, or would have liked back then when was trying daily task in pvp with lame teams, is that finally T1 teams with 12k+ power give points according to their power and not that are just T1 like before (where i had those be +15 -10 or smthing like that).

Seems like 66 points is locked in for me for 3T battles. Got no problem with that, will make the grind to tier 1 twice as fast as before!!

Interested to hear though what points lower lv players can get.

2 Likes

Heads up, PVP ranks are appearing a bit weird with our change, but we are fixing this now.

2 Likes

Mine thinks I’m #1. While I can clearly see the #1 and they are not me.

Rank 1 in 20 battles, like others I got a flat 66 points for 3 trophy battles. I’m happy with this, it will avoid this kind of nonsense from last week :+1:

2 Likes

Finally, my life has a meaning again :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just checked all my accounts and the points seem pretty fair

Level 1326 66 points
level 1128 70 points (guildless)
Level 220 60 points
Level 66 52 points

1 Like

All 16 of my 3 trophy battles gave 66 points each. I was getting 31 to 34 points for most 3 trophy battles before.

I also get a lot of 58 points battles as middle option, that’s more than twice the amount I got before.

Is it fixed yet?

This change is wonderful. Getting a lot more points with each battle now, especially the “easier” battles.

1 Like