Centaur of Gravity

I was gonna ask if we know if the Broken Spire troops have been rooted out yet.

But it doesn’t matter because the extra kingdom troops are functionally worthless in these packs. Le sigh.

(Oh and it does seem to be fixed, by the way.)

Even IF* x5 is a little OP, having a couple of teams consisting entirely of 4 Swords Edge troops (the ONLY way the weapon would work is to set your Hero to Knight) in PvP for once would be an interesting change. I can understand some players desire for lack of rotating verity, but I personally like change.

*I seriously doubt it. 10 Gems of two colors (using very specific troops) is vastly different than double +3 of a single color (using any troops you want) any way it’s examined.

My point is simple. The developers spent too much time and effort on the Event Weapons and probably one or two battles going through the actual Event with them. They are all completely wasted effort in their present condition.

1 Like

If those Sword Edge teams would work the same way as all the other gem-vomoting teams that conquered this game by blindly casting on unprepared boards for almost guaranteed extraturns and profit from too strong 4-match traits and other extraturn synergies, then no that would not be an interesting change at all.

I am not saying ‘Don’t make better Event weapons’ ,i am saying ‘Don’t make more braindead gem-shitters please’ , how about making some new interesting mechanics for these Event weapons, or even go back to more basic concepts and actually make them good.

If i just want to mindlessly shit gems on the board without the effort of preparing the board and still have a 90% chance of success, i already have all the tools for that no need for more of them.

3 Likes

While I don’t agree that gem creators are half as good as @Gouki says they are, I do agree “making more of them” isn’t really helping things.

For a long time, the only “puzzle” aspect of this game has been using a spreadsheet to figure out which Mythic I want to buy next without wasting a lot of time. The PvP teams I have are successful, but as I start to enter the “endgame” phase I’ve noticed every damn team that represents success is at least 1-2 exploders and/or gem generators.

The reason for this is free turns, and I’ve said for a long time I wish we had a mode with no free turns. That’d put the “puzzle” back in “puzzle quest”, which is where this game came from. Yes, it’d kill a lot of strategies, that’s the point: finding new strategies that work in a world where your reward for generating 100 mana is not being able to spend 80 of it.

1 Like

Agreed he is completely overselling the very specific criteria to use a single particular Event Weapon by a mile, “if” it were buffed. One of the reasons most exploders and creators are great is they can also be used on almost any team (ie Gorgotha)

I agree with both of you that gem creation was not the best choice. HOWERVER, I do not want to wait 11-18 MONTHS (or more) for the developers to adjust all Event weapons with a minor rework. So I am looking at something they can adjust with a simple data download across all of them. Unfortunately that probably means adjusting the ratio and numbers.

I just think they never actually tested them in a full run of a single Event, Because if anyone did try would immediate see that are trash once you get past minions.

1 Like

Is Champion of Anu in event chests? Can someone confirm?

You are right that i may be overestimating a hero weapon that spawns 10 gems each of two colours, it may still have a bad success rate, but if that was to be the case you would still be unhappy with the weapon, right?
For you to actually use the weapon it has to be as good as other notorious Gem vomiters, whether or not your proposed buff already achieves that or falls short is besides the point, cause if it does fall short you’d want the boost rate go further up until it matches the competition or you’d not use the weapon at all.

I am definitely not overselling the notorious gem vomiters we have now though. Most of my GW Teams are of the spam and/or explode variant with avg winrates of far above 90% without any thought or board preparation.
Hell Yasmine’s Chosen basically is my Gw team on three of the 6 days, supported by a Troll here and there. Most of the teams i encounter in GW or PvP use gem vomiting “strategies”. The most dominant PvP defense uses two of 'em one of which just got an insignificant nerf by popular demand that will not tackle the real underlying problem as usual.
I don’t think it is even possible to overestimate the impact overtuned gem spammers have on the game right now.

I heard they will release mini sirrian and mini salty pets

1 Like

I realize I probably could have posted this here, but wanted the discussion to be more specifically focused on the +5 glory in PvP by using Vanguard troop than the general week’s events.

Hopefully the cross-post for feedback is OK!

• Derek

Haha it seems we skipped the 5x and went directly to x6 if i read the patch notes correctly. That was fast.

I was just reading that… Sirrian just out did me!!! I happy and excited to see 6x

2 Likes

Finally get Champions of Anu, the Mythic in my avatar, by using 400 Event Keys! I’m so happy!! ^_____^

10 Likes

The event weapons are so poorly designed that the buff doesn’t help in the slightest.

The infuriating thing about the weapons are that the less number of troops the worse it performs, via giving even more mana to the boss.

Event weapons need to be changed totally so at least the hero has a chance when it’s 1v1.

1 Like

Congrats :tada: :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Thank you, Ashasekayi!!^^ Also, Happy Forum Cake Day!

For Mythic dropping ritual, I find splash troop image on Tribute/before Explore Battle working so well. I’ve been spending one event key every hour, but 5 once CoA show up on Tribute screen, get him on the last one!! I also get Undine this way.

I’m sure that have nothing to influence drop rate, but it’s such a happy coincidence that I’ll stick to it again next time! :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one that thought that was lucky. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Happy cake little kitty! :hugging: How time flies, 2 whole years. Yay! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks for the forum cake day wishes. :heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes