Cannot Ascend Glory Reward Troops

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

Platform, device version and operating system:
Custom Built PC, Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

I was trying to ascend the Griff Stonefeather card that I purchased with Glory Rewards. I had purchased 6 copies of this card so that I could do the first ascension right away, and it says I have 5 copies of the card when I go into the ascension panel ingame. It would not even highlight the button so I could ascend him.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

This has happened twice since I returned to the game from summer break. Both times, I noticed the problem when I went to ascend the troops.
The first time was Saturday November 3, 2018 I think (or right near that date); the card, I believe, was Gimlet Stormbrew-it was the one just before Griff Stonefeather.

Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

I honestly have no idea of the circumstances surrounding this issue as I did not notice it until i went and tried to ascend my cards. The first time, I thought maybe I just needed to reload the game and didn’t want to do that right then. But when it happened again today, I knew I needed to get some help.

Steps to make it happen again
Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

In the troops menu does it display that you own 5 or 6?

I just did a quick test on my steam version and I was able to ascend him without any issues.

2 Likes

Hey there,

For more information on what Nimhain is referring too you might want to check out the bottom of this thread:

Let us know how you go.