Campaign Guide and Tasks (Week 10 Updated)

2 day dungeon crapping on the silver tasks :frowning:

4 Likes

A critic might suggest this task was implemented intentionally to encourage some to pay gems to skip the task in order to get everything done on day 1 :thinking:

4 Likes

I thought the intent of the devs (on top of increasing the micro transaction income, of course) was to provide the players with something to work on during the course of the week. With the current implementation, though, everyone (me included) seems hell bent on completing all tasks on day 1, to the point that being artificially forced to complete one in multiple days is frown upon.
In this sense, epic fail?

2 Likes

So far, the tasks that require multiple days have just been win 6 dungeon battles. Time gated content/tasks are really bad in general.

3 Likes

Another one which doesn’t show up yet is “Complete 3 Adventure Board” - another one in Silver.

In my opinion, it’s also add difficulty for new/returning players who join the campaign late. Bronze is always very easy. Gold just take some time to grind, especially for killing Mythic in off-week. Silver is the one that make it take longer.

Right now, if a players just join at the moment and want to get all 64, a months worth of task, it will at least take 4 days dued to Dungeon task.

Which kinda reasonable for me as a way to engage player to finish the tasks every week, or risk falling behind with tougher time to catch up. It should be implement better, of course. But frankly, I don’t know how it can be done without being an artificial roadblock in a short term.

TheIdleOneThe Exalted Avatar of Zuul
…Time gated content/tasks are really bad in general.

Aren’t all events and some game modes time gated?
Dungeon, AB, Tuesday Faction, Wednesday Pet, Weekend Events, Week long Events?
For some events you can pay gems to speed up your progress, buying tiers on the event shop and you even need to buy more “time” (sigils) to be able to collect all event rewards.
I agree we do get the urge to finish all Campaign Tasks in one go, but I do not think it is worthy stressing about it, when all other parts of the game are like that.
Just work on them as you do the other game modes / events. :wink:

1 Like

last week i finished mine weekly tasks on Saturday → was waiting with burning gem keys for new mythic to show up, than forgot there was AB/Dungeon brozne task in line, and had to wait one more day :wink:

Am i the only one, that doesn’t feel presure about finishing all at 1 go ?

No, I think most people realize that having a small stat increase for a couple extra days isn’t a big deal (with guild wars week being a bit of an exception). I’ve been finishing usually on Wednesday or Thursday without really putting much additional effort into it. The week that guild wars was going was the only time I tried to finish by Tuesday.

Anyone going out of their way to finish all tasks day one is probably doing it out of compulsion, not logic or a need for the rewards. I actually like that there are multiple day tasks mixed in. That provides a nice time to take a break and not worry about grinding out more tasks that day (but maybe it would be nice if the multiple-day tasks were more towards the middle of the list for that reason).

18 Likes

Campaign Week 5 Strategy

Hold off on (until): Adventure Board (B9), Dungeon (G1), using Vault Keys from the weekend (B4), buying the Glory Troop or using Event Keys (B5).

1. One Glacial Peaks Explore run at D5+ (B1).

2. Switch to Sin of Maraj fast Explore (G1) or weekly PvP…

3. Earn 200 Gold in a battle (B2) using Skeleton Key team.

4. Earn 80 Souls in a battle (B3) using Warlock or Pharos-Ra team.

5. Use a Vault Key to kill a Treasure Gnome (B4).

6. Open 2 Event Chests (B5).

7. Switch to World Event, and win 4 Battles with Frozen Banner - BPr (B6).

8. Win 4 Battles with a Glacial Peaks team (B7).

9. Kill Queen of Sin once (B8) by getting to the Mythic battle in Sin of Maraj Explore.

10. Adventure Board (B9).

11. Craft 1 Blue Summoning Stone (B10).

12. Continue to kill Daemons (G1) in the World Event or Sin of Maraj Explore D2.

13. Daily Dungeon (S1) has lots of Blue enemies on Monday (G2).

14. Kill Blue enemies (G2) – there’s some in the World Event, but Merlantis/Glacial Peaks Explore is better.

15. On Tuesday, complete the Dungeon (S1).

16. Complete 3 Delves at L60+ (S2), ideally in the Tuesday Lyrasza’s Lair Event.

17. Match 300 Blue Gems (S3).

18. 15 wins with Frostmage Class (S4) – Faction Event or daily tasks.

5 Likes

Here’s a good team to set on PvP defence to help people finish the tasks:

[6701,6067,6067,6067,3010,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,14027]

Queen of Sin, Abhorath x3, Brown/Red/-Purple banner, Diabolist (code won’t overwrite your Talents).

2 Likes

Thanks to you and your guild for this, @Hawx .

I was about to be upset that Deep Delver could have basically said Complete 3 Delves at Level 500 for those of us endgamers with completed (or nearly-completed) factions, but then your post reminded me the Tuesday Event would work, so thanks for the relief :blush:

4 Likes

Yeah I too had a little internal panic initially trying to think which of my level 470+ delves would be the easiest to do but yes, Tuesdays delve event is certainly a way around this and I’m glad it helped!

2 Likes

Week 6 Campaign Tasks - Shentang

Week 7 Campaign Tasks - Karakoth

16 Likes

Campaign Week 6 Strategy

1. Open 2 Event Chests (B1).
  2. Open 25 Glory Chests (B2).
  3. From here on, try to use a Mace for your next 22 wins (G1).
  4. Kill Kurandara once in the World Event (B3) – this one’s a pain!
  5. Kill 13 Yellow enemies (B4) – check the Adventure Board and Dungeon (S1), but save one battle for B8. Fast Explore in Whitehelm is good.
  6. Equip Lantern Banner (Yellow++ Red+ Green-) for 4 battles (B5).
  7. Use a Vault Key to kill a Treasure Gnome (B6).
  8. Once your Mace battles are done, you’ll need to do 5 Explore runs at D6+ (G2). Ideally, you’ll want a team that can use Yellow, eg: Stormcaller.
  9. Match those Yellow Gems! (B7)
  10. Use your Soul farming team on the Adventure Board or Dungeon (or anywhere else) (B8).
  11. Craft 1 Yellow Summoning Stone in the Soulforge (B9).
  12. Kill 9 Tauros enemies (B10) in the World Event or Wild Plains fast Explore.

Remember to set your Guild Wars defences!

1. On Tuesday, complete the Dungeon (S1).
  2. Do a Normal difficulty Arena run and win 8 battles (S2).
  3. Use Monk for 15 of your daily battles or the Faction Event (S3).
  4. Switch to a full Shentang team for 15 battles (S4), probably in D2 Explore.

Friendly defence teams should feature yellow Tauros – have some fun with Mongo! :laughing:

This was I used to do a number of the tasks, Doomed Club worked ok too but I know not everyone has that. Just a shame it couldn’t handle Explore D6 or fit into the World Event restrictions too

[1031,6417,6485,6677,3030,3,1,1,1,2,1,2,14031]

Please share teams that you find work well with the campaign, I wasn’t on my best team build form this week!

May just be better winning with phoenicia/sunbird/rowanne + the mace to start with

You don’t need the pure Shentang team until the very end of silver… which almost everything can be done before that comes up

1 Like

So, I must be in a guild in order to complete this task?
I thought none of the campaign tasks were going to require a guild.
How do I get back my 10 dollars?
:unamused:

3 Likes

Mythic should still be available to kill in explore Urskaya mythicboss battle. If not, the devs really messed this one up considering no one will be able to complete the campaign if they happen to miss it this week during the world event.

EDIT: You can just skip the task for a small cost later on lol.

I’ll look for it there, then.
The database site didn’t show me the character when I searched for it so I assumed it didn’t exist in any kingdom yet.
:smirk:

EDIT: Never mind. I see another thread that suggests that character won’t be at that kingdom until after the campaign is over.
:rage: