Campaign Begins: Seal of Kurandara

The only option is to do the dungeon offer each day and forgo any additional event endeavour. You’re gonna need diamonds or buy the pass…simple

1 Like

Mace of Ghulvania is one of the 34 new beginner weapons (the game internally calls them Slayer weapons, because they all deal double damage to troops from the weapon kingdom). It will be in the Soulforge, along with several other weapons from old Ghulvania events.

It’s actually more than that. Weapons from campaigns will also eventually enter the Soulforge, they’ll also cost more than 75 diamonds and 300 jewels each.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s an unheralded major nerf to resource acquisition.

Even people logging in every day and spending 300 extra gems per week on daily diamonds, will still shortfall in diamonds.

I think the elite system is irrelevant to diamond aquisition, unless the elite pass gives you those 32 remaining weapons for free (and the rest) it’s a global reduction in diamonds of 375 per Mythic (as a minimum) cycle for all.

I have all troops, not a completionist, but may need more weapons like we all will, so it’s not even a completionist argument in isolation - it effectively effects every player, geez.

1 Like

I liked the way the tasks were consistent with the weekly events and not just something random. That made it easier to complete and not a pain. To reward the devs, I bought the elite pass now instead of waiting until later.

This doesn’t seem to have the same devastating consequences as 4.7 did. Although, I still worry about GW week happening simultaneous with all the other events. That’s still messed up.

2 Likes

But it also means they will be harder to complete and more of a pain if you don’t keep up with the weekly schedule, e.g. due to getting blocked on pet rescues. This is especially true for the “kill mythics” task, I could imagine Abynissia being difficult to locate for newer players in a few weeks from now. Not sure how to address this, maybe if the campaign itself would offer some special repeatable battles to help with these tasks, somewhat similar to Adventure Board battles?

1 Like

The sad thing is that there is now a p2w dynamic to guild wars. The only true challenge in the game now has a price tag

2 Likes

Why? The artefact is the same for free players…

Elite+ get their stats faster. Probably not enough to matter — but the “probably” is the sticking point.

Might also, someday, affect the META if nee mythics are good enough and/or the free way to acquire said mythics lasts long enough (meaning multiple Wars might be able to be won on collection capabilities alone)

Someone did the math already. The variances aren’t more than +5 for life and armor I think, +3 for magic and I forget what attack was.

But nothing more significant than what Sentinels do, or guilds that complete all tasks, or personal renown/player level, or Kingdom stars.

If anyone believes that GW has ever been “truly fair” you are sadly mistaken. Regardless of bracket plights. The mere fact that Guilds with higher statue levels (so older) are able to score more points due to the color bonus (outside of a few brackets) has made sure that guild wars is never “fair” and never has been.

While I understand your point - think about it … if you lose to a team with 5 more life or 3 more armor than you; you were going to lose anyways …

On the flipside, if you do manage to kill that team, you SHOULD score better because the score is partially based upon how many damage you do to the opponents.

Those are all crap weapons that you shouldn’t worry about. Crafting them is for end game players who have too much loot. It just fills a hole in a collection.

Accelerated stat boost is significant because of the current schedule and how campaign interacts with guild wars, ie weeks 5 and 9

Artifacts can do some other interesting things though, like entangling all opponent troops whenever one of yours casts a spell. Imagine getting that exclusively as Elite+ Pass buyer for one Guild Wars due to the extra stars. Quite fortunately this “feature” was exchanged for just a stat bonus in this campaign, it may get reintroduced again the next campaign.

And if it does. Then we’ll worry about it then.
But can’t dismiss what little actual difference they make at this present time for what “could happen”.

3 Likes

Given how slow the I+2 ship is to turn, I have no problems with letting the dev team know far in advance that a particular feature is unwanted.

8 Likes

That feels like a bad approach for GoW, I don’t recall much getting done the past years without the community worrying a lot. It’s almost like they intentionally make the worst possible choices unless there’s a huge outcry well in advance, see epic tasks.

Well, I’ve won a Guild Wars fight with a single troop at a single remaining point of life, so I can’t dismiss that a little difference in theory can actually have a huge effect in reality.

4 Likes

Criticizing the devs for what they could do before they do it is a better approach?
Have we run out of things to bitch about on the forums that we are now having to resort to things they tested and decided against? But hell, they could change their mind so we better show them the pitch forks before they do.

Lol… I’m not dismissing that the stats can matter. I’m dismissing them mattering more than the other various ways guilds and players get stat boosts higher than their peers. Either because they play more, play longer, or have spent more money.

So to view the artifact stats as this all encompassing thing that gives players a supreme edge over each is just ridiculous.

The stats as a whole? A bigger impact than “enhanced troops”.
But stats between free and paid players? Minor… supremely minor.

1 Like

Even if they’ve given no indication of actually implementing it?

For years the community bitched that we shouldn’t have an ascension higher than Mythic. So even though the devs are very much (and have) made Ultra Mythic Troops… Gone past level 20 (for the AI).
And end gamers have the kind of stats for troops that go well past what level 21 or 22 would have gave.
Any Red troop or weapon is still a “mythic” or a “doom”.

Point of the story is. If you think coming at them about design choices before they have designed something will only cause them to brand it something else. It won’t stop them from implementing what they want to.
Think it’s unfair to have too many troops entangled?
Okay, we will call it “tie downs” instead. But tie downs will cause troops to be stunned as well so that they are very different than entangles despite both mechanics zeroing out attack while implemented.

Devs don’t care about any game mode that isn’t potentially lucrative. That’s why they fix nothing

I doubt it’s even a matter of “caring”. It’s more that every action they take is part of an extensive financial analysis and if something won’t make (or save) the company enough money they’re not allowed to devote time to it.

Public goodwill doesn’t mean anything and hasn’t for a while. All that matters is cash.

4 Likes