Campaign 2 Tasks - (Week 8 Updated)

Hey forums police
If the comment above me isn’t off topic.
Then neither is the SS below.

Just because one is a feel good and the other is a complaint against maps doesn’t validate one more than the other. It just makes you a hypocrite if you chose to flag Mr. Lorien, but not Ms. Hawx.

Just something to think about moving forward.

I appreciate you letting me interupt this community game guide for a quick forums game guide.
And if this gets flagged away then clearly this lesson was lost on you. :slightly_smiling_face:

I didn’t flag, but “off-topic” is not the only legitimate reason to flag.

Lorien’s comment included ad hominem and swearing, neither of which is allowed under the community guidelines that basically amount to “keep it clean”

Yeah I think the final word used in the flagged post may of been what got it flagged. As far as I can see, all posts here relate around the sharing of the guide of Campaign tasks at weekly reset and associated task conversations.

Damn and jerks is swearing?
Last I checked PG was the guidance… Not G rated.

Woah… If the devs are that sensitive then I agree. The flags are necessary. In fact. More flags are necessary to shield their precious eyes from such vulgararity.
Blessed is the fruit.

The first is a swear, the second is ad hominem, both of which you very well know.

On topic, please.

My on-topic: I’m not annoyed at the three maps, as they can be done day-1 if I want.

I am annoyed at the 3 delves at 90 because it is inconvenient to use 3 sigils at 500, or wait for Tuesday, which I’m already going to have to do for the sake of my second annoyance this week: two adventure board clears, guaranteeing it’s not possible to complete the Campaign today without spending gems.

I don’t mind the tasks being designed to take a week. What I do mind is that timeframe being designed around artificial time-gates rather than just having what we used to have with snotstones (kill 500 daemons this week, for instance, which is a more meaningful way to make the task feel “gold” or “silver” difficulty warranting a week’s worth of play).

1 Like

I disagree with the idea that the old snotstone tasks were preferable to these. I like the variety present in the new system. I just dislike that there are tasks that require you to sit and not play while a counter refreshes (adventure board tasks, dungeon tasks, and maybe others that escape me right now).

3 Likes

I think we’d be happier with it if the UI was able to be described without curse words, but it is not so.

I will reword for the easily offended types:

I think it’s awesome my limited time in the game is spent doing the worst part of the game. Three times. Y’all are awesome. Where is the tip jar?

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t mean to say the old snotstones were better altogether, just that I liked how they structured their effort/time loop.

Like this week’s win 22 battles with jewelry — what does that take, for the average endgamer? 10 minutes? Tops? So let’s say 3 times that for the larger community?

That’s a far cry from “a week’s worth of effort” that the old snotstones would have represented by something like “kill 750 blue enemies this week.” That’s all I mean.

The only time tasks take me time in Campaigns is when there are fomo-time-gates: tasks that structure when I play chafe way more than ones that dictate how I play, I think.

I certainly like the variety of the Campaign tasks a lot better, and I like some of the rewards (mostly the medals and stats), too. I just don’t like what a lot of others don’t:

• Resource Taxes (tasks that cost more than they pay)
  • Stingy Rewards (rewards that don’t pay out a generous amount of gold, ingots, souls, or whatever — a single PvP fight shouldn’t make a Campaign reward blush, in my opinion)
  • Time Gates
  • Inconvenient/Shortsighted tasks (dungeon runs between 50 and 500, for instance)
  • Clunky UI (the lack of auto-collection of stars, basically)

Other things people complain about, like Arena runs and Treasure Maps, I’m pretty indifferent toward. The variety is nice, but I get why some might loathe to spend their time in modes they don’t enjoy.

6 Likes

Under the old snotstone method, I would get credit for every 10 moves in treasure maps. So, if I made 57 moves and then failed, I would get credit for, hang on a minute, gotta take off me boots…4. No, wait, 5. The task should be “make 180 moves in treasure hunt”. I still wouldn’t do it. No benefit to next GW.

It shows who likes a post. It should show who flags a post. Damn jerks.

6 Likes

Alternate path i’ve chosen:

1. Open 50 Gold Chests (B1).

2. Open 2 Event Chests (B2).

3. Do Delves lvl 90 (500 for me, as all are at 500). (S1) Best if used with team that creates a lot of Brown (B3).

4. Do 3 Treasure Hunts at least to 60 turns (S2).

5. Pick a team, that would include Dervish (B3) with Black Manacles (G1) and do Adventure Board fights to complete Bronze tasks (B4-B5). Swap for a decent team, keep weapon and finish required fights hoping for gnome to show up in pvp. (it didn’t :frowning: )

6. Go do 5 full explore runs in Drifting Sands (G2) hoping to get a gnome show up (B6) - and it did show up, and by the time i was finishing 4th run i also manged to do B6, B7, B8 and B9. Doing only explores…

7. Go to World Event, pick team made of Drifting Sands troops and do some battles… to fill B10.

8. Tomorrow I will finish S3 and to S4.

Final note - did all from the list (1-7) without checking tasks list in this topic… Lot of luck this time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. Orc smart.

3 Likes

Best wishes, for your princess and family. Never give up on her. And ignore the sad trolls.

2 Likes

Everything would immediately improve if we were able to work on tasks in parallel. That would also reward smart play, capable of fulfilling several tasks at once.

If they fear this would shorten too much the effort required (but isn’t it short as it is, anyway?), they could double on the figures required, or allow us to have only X tasks active at the same time, similar to now but selected by us.

1 Like

@Saltypatra - Good idea from @ChunkyMono (though not very polite phrasing): Rather than getting three 60-turn Treasure Hunts, the task could be to get 180 turns across as many Treasure Hunts as it takes.

Just a thought.

Unfortunately, higher tier Guild member get more turns to start with, so it’s tougher if you’re earlier in the game.

4 Likes

IMO, reducing required number to 40 and increasing the number of required runs would do most of people a favour… especialy if it would count a run of 80 turns as two runs of 40, 120 as 3 runs of 40 etc.

1 Like

I had three runs with between 57 and 59 turns - think my 3 x 60 turns was actually 7.

Wish there was an empowered converter :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I actually felt like they must have turned up the chance of getting skyfall matches (and extra turns) in TH to make it easier for everyone this week and get them thinking, “Hey, this isn’t so bad” in preparation for a potential TH rework :sweat_smile:.

Even though I thought I was playing kind of badly in that one, I kept getting lucky with 5-matches showing up (although occasionally my subconscious helped out a little bit).

3 Likes

IF
intNumberOfMovesLeft + intNumbersOfTurnsCompleted > 60
THEN
isSimplyMakingAnyMatchesToEndThis = true
:stuck_out_tongue: :vulcan_salute:

10 Likes

Tbh, I was asking myself the same thing :stuck_out_tongue: I think I just don’t like throwing matches anymore, and saw it as revamp practice :sweat_smile:.

1 Like