Campaign 2 Tasks - (Week 8 Updated)

Minor correction:
ntNumberOfMovesLeft + intNumbersOfTurnsCompleted >= 60

3 Likes

Based on the documented history of GoW’s programming and text QA, I erred on the side of caution.
:stuck_out_tongue: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Week 9 Strategy
I haven’t seen the full list of tasks yet, but it looks like there’s just one thing to be aware of today:

• Don’t do your Adventure Board today until S2.

Full strategy, below…

1 Like

1 small correction. It’s S2… Adventurer pops up right after 3 maps of 60+ turns each.

1 Like

Thanks. We seem not to be able to pull all the information in the right order, at the moment. Hopefully someone will find a work-around.

1 Like

Here’s the Hawx-format task list. There are data gathering problems all around, it seems, which is why it’s taken so long to put this together.

19 Likes

seriously : 2 AB, arena, 3 Treasure hunts 60+, 5 explore runs 9+. Campaign is worst every week.

3 Likes

just wait for the finalle: week 10 :japanese_ogre:

Waiting for 5x TH, followed by 5x pest control (nobody has even seen silver one for this one) on gold tasks,
Silver will be 3x Delve 110, followed by 2x AB, followed by 2x Dungeon, with Khetar team silver task.

That’s my guess :sunglasses:

OK, since @Starlite didn’t post his min-maxed route i’ll post mine:

1. Open 2 event chests (B1)

2. Do few pvp battles to get glory task done (B2) - 1…2…3, depending from player and guild bonuses.

3. Start exploring in Whitehelm (G1) with Whitehelm banner (B3). Stop when banner done.

4. Do your treasure hunt (S1).

5. Do AB (S2) with hope of getting gnome pop up G4.

6. Do G1, but stop before mythic fight (plan your explore so that, you will have enough mythstones to do G7) . During these few battles you might be able to finish (B4,B5,B6), if not:
    6a. Stop G1 before mythic fight. Burn 1 Vault key to get the pest task done (B4).
    6b. Switch team for gem converter that makes yellow (mercy, moon rabbit etc.) to finish B5 quickly.
    6c. Do few battles on D1 explore in Merlantis (B6).

7. Do G1 mythic battle and get B7 done.

8. Finish off G1.

9. Get yourself Shield (G2) and Whitehlem team (B8). Do few easy battles. (like Dungeons)

10. Easiest way to kill undead (B9) is to bash them with your shield (G2) in Khetar/Ghulvania Explore.

11. Your priest (G10) isn’t that bad with using Shield (G2).

12. You can do few more battles with Shield to have G2 done.
    (here you have to wait for tomorrow)

13. Do your AB (S2)

14. Do your Arena (S3).

15. Do the crafting (S4).

Edit:
Currently at: G1/S2/B7 (point 7 at list above). Didn’t have to burn my vault key, or swap kingdoms for killing blue. Still got 2 explore runs to do…

3 Likes

Campaign 2 Week 9 Strategy

The key thing this week is to save your Adventure Board (S2) for some of the more fragile, later tasks (B8, B10). It’s also worth saving Monday’s Dungeon for B6.

1. Open 2 Event Chests (B1).
  2. Do a couple of PvP battles to earn 5 Glory (B2).
  3. Ideally, build a Yellow team and start Exploring Whitehelm on D9+. You’ll need to complete 5 runs (G1).
  4. Wins 4 times with Holy Banner (YY) (B3). If you’re not Exploring Whitehelm, continue with your weekly Ranked PvP, or do some fast Explore.
  5. Use a Vault Key to kill a Treasure Gnome (B4).
  6. Match 90 gems (B5) using that yellow team.
  7. Switch to Monday’s Blue Dungeon with any team at all, for 13 Blue kills (B6), then back to Explore.
  8. Kill Gaard’s Avatar once (B7), either in Whitehelm Explore, or from helpful players in Casual PvP.
  9. This is probably the ideal/latest time to complete 3 Treasure Hunts with 60+ turns (S1) – good luck!
  10. Build a Whitehelm Team for 4 wins (B8), most easily on the Adventure Board (S2).
  11. Kill 9 Undead (B9) in the World Event (almost completely Undead) or Khetar/Ghulvania fast Explore.
  12. Win 4 times with Priest Class (B10) on the Adventure Board or fast Explore.
  13. Finish Exploring Whitehelm for G1.
  14. Switch to a Shield Weapon for 22 wins (G2), and finish off the Adventure Board for half of S2, then keep using a Shield for Ranked PvP, etc – you can even save it for Tuesday’s Adventure Board (S2).
  15. On Tuesday, do the Adventure Board to finish S2.
  16. Win 6 Battles in Arena (S3) – you can continue from last week’s 4-win run, if it’s still active.
  17. Craft 3 Yellow Summoning Stones (S4).

Here’s a PvP Defence team to help out other players: [6296,6891,6891,6891,3063,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,14033]
Use 1 Gaard’s Avatar, and 3 Undead Drakes. While they do no damage, the Drakes can create a Bonestorm.

2 Likes

I used 3 Valravens. Do players get credit for defeating a Valraven that runs away? Am I shorting my opponents by trying to make things easier on them?

1 Like

You can also find the campaign tasks, as @Hawx said above here, in Gems Of War Community Discord server by running the following command in the channels. !campaign. The Garybot will post it in the channel you type this in there :slightly_smiling_face:
Here is the discord server link for yall.

1 Like

I’m actually not sure about getting kill credit for player Valravens running away. Of course, there’s a good chance your Valravens are not level 20, so they’ll be easier to kill.

For mine, I wanted Blue Undead, to cover the other task, as well.

1 Like

FYI: There are Undead on today’s Adventure board, for B9.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the counter at the bottom of the Arena task (S3) this morning: “Win 6 Battles in a single Arena run (0/6).” I thought that 0/6 meant I had to win 6 battles 6 times. But, I did the remainder of my 4 battle Arena run from last week and, thankfully, that finished off the task.

4 Likes

I think it could be nice to include some of the Mythics from previous weeks to help out anyone who might be a week or two behind and trying to catch up – I know it can sometimes be very hard to find those Mythics outside of the scheduled World Event. I’ve put Scorpius and Elemaugrim in (as well as Hero for the extra team score), although Lady Morana could be another good option. Some of the other ones from previous weeks should be easy enough to find in PvP without any help (Obsidius, A. Weaver) :stuck_out_tongue:.

3 Likes

that’s pretty easy to kill, just do a delve in crypt keepers…
my alt did… those 7 puny quest :laughing:, that unlock delving in crypt keepers and it made that thing go away

1 Like

I always forget that Patience is a boss killer. I don’t know how many times she has to kill my Zuul before I remember to scout ahead. I did get an Anu token for my troubles.

I also got owned by Patience at least once this week.

… I didn’t want to do this but … before someone else does …

… one might say we weren’t Patient enough. ARGH.

3 Likes

Speaking of patience, I won’t be able to post a campaign task image for a few hours after reset. Real life is such a drag sometimes.

4 Likes

My strategy tips will be late too, but I think we all understand the basic strategy now, so let me sum it up:

General Campaign Strategy

1. Save the Adventure Board.
  2. Save the Dungeon.
  3. Save your Daily Delve Sigils.
  4. Save some Vault Keys.
  5. Save some Event Keys and don’t buy the Glory Troop.
  6. Save some Gold, Glory and Gem Keys.

Save all those things until you either encounter a task that requires them, or until the full list of Campaign Tasks becomes available.

For full optimality, you can also:

1. Wait on Ranked PvP.
  2. Watch your Mythstones, so you can more quickly reach the right Mythic Boss battle.
  3. Save any past Arena work, and don’t finish a run unless you need to.
  4. Set a PvP defence that helps other players, once we know all the tasks (usually a specific troop, with the rest of one Type and Colour – mana blocked, with the wrong banner, and preferring non-damage troops).
6 Likes