Bounty Weekend – Ice Orca (Nintendo Switch)

New Bounty Troop: Ice Orca

The Ice Orca from Glacial Peaks, is this weekend’s Bounty Captain.

The Ice Orca will be available in the Bounty Shop, and will appear in Gold, Glory and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

Well, I farmed this one out to reward Lv.16 but those last few rounds gave me quite a few headaches.

My go-to bounty team tends to be:

• Crysturtle
  • Man-at-Arms
  • Tigraki Warrior
  • (miscellaneous)

And is it just me or does Man-at-Arms’s spell feel really weak? Don’t get me wrong, the attack boost is useful over time and you should never underestimate Barrier, but as a defense buffer he consistently fails to impress.

The enemy lineup this weekend seemed to focus on Stryx and Beasts but the worst lineup I encountered (at stage 20) was ultimately:

• Finesse
  • Metzli
  • Griff Stonefeather
  • Zhenniao

Why this was such a problem:

• Finesse is a Yellow killer (nullifying Crysturtle’s 50% resistance to Skull damage) and like most Guardian troops, that third passive trait is super potent in extended battles.
  • Metzli is constantly draining my Mana levels (plus occasional Death Mark).
  • Zhenniao’s spell adds Green Gems and quite often just fills itself right back up for a new cast, not to mention the damage + Poison combo
  • All of the troops damage targets at random.

After some frustration I decided to swap out my last slot for Emperinazara, which meant not running a full Bounty Hunter team but her general support + passive traits ended up leveling the field.

Wasn’t the worst Bounty weekend by any means, but I’ve definitely had better runs before.