Book of deeds please

Just wanted to say that I agree with your frustration. The books of deeds are way to uncommon. I know it’s important to have elite areas in a game where a smaller percentage attain it, but usually it’s still a doable option with elbow grease and some money. I think the Book of Deeds are waaaay to rare to be fun.

1 Like

I have seen your deed progress and have been taking the same approach–focus down magic kingdoms and fuel the writs into purple deeds.

However, I wish the merchant was more of a “shop.” When he appears in explore, it should u give u the option to buy bundles of deeds from him. (Maybe 5 packs of 3 deeds for 15 total)

I say this because spamming explore 1 is mind numbingly boring, and I don’t like the boring, repetitive nature, along with useless offers that make u frustrated.

I mean if u went to a store and wanted to buy pork chops for your family, would u buy one at a time and keep coming back to the store? Of course u wouldn’t, u would just buy all 6 at once!

I understand this is just a game, and they probably did this just to make sure we don’t gain too much progress with deeds because I don’t think they want anyone to actually “finish” and be done with this madness.

3 Likes

So I’m at lvl 19 with Silverglade and Zhul Kari. I need 10 green and 10 purple books to get each to lvl 20. What’s your best guesstimate of how long that might take? I’m lvl 1671 with a healthy enough daily gem income from tributes etc. Trying to decide if it is worth pursuing aggressively or just trying to become more zen about it. I play several hours/day. I just don’t want to burn out - as many others have noted the daily requirements are getting time-consuming. At least i’ve maxed classes and am at 92.5 in the underworld so I don’t have to worry about getting to those.

1 Like

I need 10 purple books just for one kingdom. It’s never going to happen. Very discouraging.

Completely off topic, I love your avatar Mariana.

On topic: Yes, I’m a casual player with occasional spurts of playing more and I recognize my kingdoms are sadly never going to be full level unless something changes.

1 Like

If it was a shop, someone like OBSERVER, a player with 430k gems could max a lot of kingdoms I bet but, that would put everyone that is willing to buy on top, creating a gap between those players and f2p like me, because kindom power and level means more stats, if was trying to compete with them, it would feel unfair and I would think in stop playing. It’s not the case for me because I don’t like PVP or guild wars anyway, but it may be the case for some. I just imagine right now, what would be a player with everything maxed against someone that just started.

2 Likes

WE NEED BOOK OF DEEDS

WE NEED BOOK OF DEEDS

MORE BOOK OF DEEDS PLEASE PLEASE

(caps lock on)

2 Likes

I don’t know because it depends in how long you can make a book, I think only you can know that. Did you get burn out in some other game or in this one? If you are asking, it’s likely that you will or already did in the past. Burn out will probably make stop playing so maybe just continue doing what you are doing because it’s a way you already know. I think I can only speak for myself and I don’t burn out because I play while watching something, otherwise it will be like Darkborne said, boring.

2 Likes

LOL yes I do all the grindy parts while watching something else. Thanks for the advice - Not burned out yet but sometimes tiptoeing up to the edge after a vault weekend - even if I’m only tapping buttons while doing other stuff, it can still feel like I’ve been playing too much. Then I usually slow down for a bit. But I think grinding E12 incessantly for deeds would push me over the line. I like to work toward a goal, so I’ll probably figure out what my monthly deed intake is and then plan from there. I’ll have to figure out some happy medium.

2 Likes

I’m going to warn you ahead of time, if you’re going to start chasing deeds from Merchants, you’re going to have to learn to “love” playing the vault event. Buying Deeds drains you fast. Especially if you buy any Imperial Deeds too.

50 Deeds per book / 3 Deeds = 17 purchases for 150 Gems each. 2,550 Gems per book.

Can’t count on angels or the adventure board to get extra deeds, but can wait around for guild tasks weekly for very small gains.

(on the bright side, green journey coming up, so +2 Green Books to your count)

Even writs aren’t the greatest, since at some point the colored jewels will likely run out since both the color deed and the book of deeds need colored jewels to craft them.

2 Likes

Exacly, I don’t feel limited by my gems, but by my amethysts, because 4 magic kingdoms need deeds of magic and books of magic.

3 Likes

f2p as you and second highest one after you as we found out.
i really have a large amount of jewels, but starting to think about doing pet rescues and/or buying daily dungeon offer again, lol
how many books you can do weekly?
edit: forget my question, found the answer in other topics

WE WANT BOOK OF DEEDS.

WE WANT BOOK OF DEEDS.

WE WANT BOOK OF DEEDS.

(caps lock on.)

3 Likes

I know that there r people like observer who have an astronomical supply of gems and could max out every kingdom level. But how else r we supposed to realistically get deed books?

One idea I liked was to rework arena so that it would give out 1 of each deed book each week if u got 100 wins, but it has the main fault of people hating arena. However, it is a game mode that doesn’t have inflated stats, making u think about every gem match and how every troop matters. I became a better guild wars player from it, as much as I hated it.

This discussion has made me realize I am not as crazy as I think. After maxing out Dark Stone and Zhul Kari, I am starved on writs and gems. From this point in, I feel like I’m running on a treadmill nonstop, never able to catch up with power level 30 kingdoms.

I’m partially a f2p player because I only buy campaign passes. If you enjoy his game and know that you will play it for the next 3 months, $10 USD is worth the value. You get 3 extra deed books, a tarot card, a mythic and other resources and it is worth the value imo.

2 Likes

If you ever end up doubting yourself, just ask yourself how much progress we’d get if we had Journey Event rewards with the 2 Book of Deeds every week. The results will shock you!

Surprisingly very little progress, with a little under 2 years to max 1 Kingdom per color to level 20 assuming we got the Imperial deeds somehow.

But hey, some people like to think the dev team always make things easier over time. :dotted_line_face:

3 Likes

Could you kindly link me the topic?

If you can generate ~450 gems per day (tributes plus event/daily rewards), you can afford three merchant deed purchases per day. In 5 days, that’s 45 deeds. The balance 5 (to get to 50) will come from Angel or Adventure Board or Events. —> enough deeds (on average as they’ll be for different colours in a 5-day period) for one Book every 5 days.

35 Kingdoms x 30 books = 1,150 books.

1,150 x 5 / 365 = 15.8 years. LUDICROUS.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yes but it is mean to sponge off other guild members to complete events whilst keeping all gems to yourself. You forget people need to use most of their gems earned for guild events - especially the longer events we have now.

So your 15 years will have to double to 30.

You are not considering all the gems obtained from Vault Weekends and opening Gold and Glory Chests

Furthermore, you don’t take into account all the Writs obtained - they are almost 2/3 compared to the number of Deeds obtained

4 Likes