Black Magic Woman

I’d say lets wait and see, but if you got it at 5 stars already you wont be able to see… unless troops, levels and traits will lose some worth.

You always have to remember that the 2600 points needed to 5 star a kingdom meant that you had to have all troops at level 20 (so all mythic, 6 copies of each legendary), all with full traits. [EDIT: back when the max troop number per kingdom was 8] So I guess it would be easier and more understandable if a kingdom with 11 troops just needed more points to get to 5 stars, rather than some unknown hidden calculation applying.

No more, after seatroll, wyvern, hellcat and creeper got added. Sry for the fuss, I was wrong about the 7.

The faith wanes as the console upgrade gets closer. Then when you ask what version it might be xbox1.5. [quote=“Mr.Strange, post:29, topic:9789”]
But maybe it’s comforting to know that we’re still on track with the original plan?
[/quote]

Does this plan account for @Sirrian speeding up his plans?[quote=“JasonAshcroft, post:32, topic:9789”]
Srsly though, why add 2 more troops to a 9 troop kingdom, while still having kingdoms with 7 and 8 troops? A slap in the face for everyone using traitstones to up a kingdom to 5 stars. Need more refunds plx
[/quote]

It is apart of @Sirrian’s plan. [quote=“MarvelKit, post:33, topic:9789”]
Of course you meant Fleetwood Mac.
[/quote]

I thought this event was a reference to

Seems like souls may be even more sought after going forward… with stones reducing in importance

Copying comments from above… did the console plan foresee so many weeks on PC having 2 troops being released?

We really are falling behind each and every week. Seeing everyone use and talk about the more interesting troops and game modes for several months makes it very underwhelming when they arrive, e.g. Maw. Been waiting for War, Mercy and pvp2.0 for so long that it can only be a little anticlimactic when they are released.

I dont know how we can realistically catch up. Releasing 4 troops a week?? Theyd have to be half price to make them affordable.

If we arent going to catch up then I need to think about either moving to PC or stopping. There is no advantage to playing on console at the moment.

Edit: fixed my usual typos.

New troops are now in the Gems of War Database.

5 Likes

Come to pc, we have a pillow fort.

Sounds great, im awake since 4am. Do you’s have steak too?

1 Like

Someone asked already in this topic, but got ignored I think. When the new kingdom will be released?

The devs have not confirmed the release date so no answer has been given, we do not know what the new kingdoms will contain either.[quote=“Robert, post:48, topic:9789”]
Do you’s have steak too?
[/quote]

I run a bar and breakfast so ya steak is on the menu.

1 Like

Of course! Console plans & PC plans are all part of “The Plan” - we’re working together, not independently.

It’s hard to see, I know, but console has been moving faster than PC in all respects. Remember that we started more than 1 year “behind” - and so we had to plot a long curve to catch up without ever going so fast that we lost the cadence example PC had set and validated.

1 Like

With the start of a new week are all 3 Mythic’s now available in chests?
If not, when?

Please let me know if you know
Cheers

Respectfully, I’m going to take an optimistic wait and see on this.

I remember seeing event troops repeated (Celestasia most notably) prior to the April update because I bought extras knowing ascension were coming. And since April we have faithfully received one new event troop a week and a kingdom once a month.

Meanwhile PC version has also received something new each week, sometimes more than 1 new troop and are about to match the new kingdom count too. So over this time, things have been even at best in one point of view and widened in another.

But yes, we don’t know the exact plan and what could come tomorrow. My gut says Ghiralee but we could get all 5 imps for all I know. Hence keeping an optimistic outlook because much is possible and hopefully some of that will come to fruition sooner rather than later.

You need to take a longer view of things. Imagine you are in an airport, where they have those moving walkways.

You are trying to catch up with someone, and you are walking slightly faster than they are.
Then they get to the walkway, and suddenly you feel like you’re losing ground!

But you’re not, because you’re still walking faster than them, and when YOU hit the moving walkway, you’ll continue to catch up. PC started doing 2 troops a week, which is the moving walkway. We haven’t hit that yet on console, but when we do you’ll see that we continue to close the gap faster than it’s being laid out in front of us.

The only problem with this, is that PC keeps speeding up as well. First it was alternating weapon and troop weeks, then just troops, and now two troops a week. It’s natural if people get the feeling that things will keep speeding up.

If we’re to use your analogy, when console finally hit the moving walkway, PC was already in a car on the driveway, and when console got to the driveway, PC was already going full speed on the highway. It’s easy to lose faith like that, because even if you’re going faster on the same path, as long as the one ahead keeps getting on a faster path every time you’ll never catch them, and the distance will just keep growing.

2 Likes

Can we not ride a bicycle in this airport?

So we are moving faster than PC were at this stage? Going forward I still dont see how we catch up unless something changes. When we get to the walkway we need 3 per week instead of 2, when PC gets to 1 weekly release then we need 2.

@Shiratori was it you who made a thread listing the difference between the troop lists on PC and console?

ps Ive been saving glory chests for a couple months to open when War is released. I also need 3k more glory for when the nobends are the event troop… would be great to have War before/with nobends, tomorrow :unicorn:

@Mr.Strange The issue for me isn’t so much that we won’t catch up to PC release schedule. One of my worries is that none of us is going to have enough Glory to buy into double troop week when we do get to that point!

With the massive increase in actual troop kill power (poison now kills, mana burn, etc) it’s rapidly become obvious that traiting troops has become essential to the metaplay. If one is below Level 200 (like I am) and I take on one of those all-mythic all-traited teams, the power imbalance is absolutely insane.

But even now I can’t afford to do the “buy 8 copies with Glory, get 16 stones” mechanic. Should I just stick to doing what I do now, and work on traiting Ultra Rares rather than Legendaries and Hero classes? Idk if that will still be enough for when I hit the big hitter leagues.

1 Like

This is EXACTLY why there needs to be a plan. We can’t just dump troops at breakneck speed - we need to be giving folks a predictable source of stones, kingdom power, etc.

Everything mentioned here has been considered, and was factored into the plan. Trust the plan… (I mean, you have no choice, but even given that fact trusting is still better than fretting.)

5 Likes

I was. And you bring up a point I was going to make in the moening since it’s about 3:30a by me. (Now 4a by the time I finished.)

I use April as a reference point since that brought consoles in line with the main gameplay of the PC version. Kingdoms were leveled by gold now and power leveled with troops and traits. Troops could all be ascended to level 20. Other gameplay elements may have been altered, but the kingdom and troop structure was pretty significant.

In any case, April is my point of reference for things going forward. Since then, all platforms have had an event each week. Number of troops for that event is irrelevant for the moment. All platforms had an event. Things moved at the same pace.

Consoled gave seen 4 kingdoms. PC 3 so far but a 4th will be out before consoles see 5 so that is basically even too. (There’s been extra time after Glacial Peaks but if it had come out this week, we would been dead even again. Next week doesn’t sway this much for now.) Things moving at the same pace still.

PC received Mythic troops on their own, separate from any events. This pulls them ahead slightly but let’s apply the moving walkway to this. We’ll get them when PC has nothing else simultaneously. So eventually it will be a wash too.

Essentially then we’re not moving faster overall as things currently ate. We’re moving at the same pace which ok but again as things currently are, we’re not going to catch up to a point where we can say we’re just a little behind.

Mist of Scales is a prime example of this. We’re 2 events / 3 troops behind. Plus, we were just there not that long ago. So what do you do? Come around sooner and release Marsh Raptor given how old the troop is? Or the pair of Marilith and Naga Queen to have the duo? Either way you then put the other that many more months off before you’d see Mist of Scales as an event again. Or do you release all 3 in an event? That would actually be catching up because you took 2 events and made it 1. Of course that has its own downside, namely being a massive glory killer for the week. However, unless multiple events are combined into 1, things won’t be caught up and we’ll either have older troops delayed that much further or newer troops that take too long to come that the luster wears off because newer and better came out elsewhere.

Again assuming things continue the way they are now. It’s why I keep mentioning Bunni’Nog and Faunessa to come out together. To wait for both separately means you’re looking at 3 months minimum between the two? And how long has it been since their PC release?

The only way to walk faster at this point is if things come out in the same week that didn’t originally on PC. You can include imps with an event. Primal doesn’t have a spot on the map so you’re not getting in the way of things. Or the above example where you take 2 events from 1 kingdom and make them 1. Or make the event last half a week. There have been quite a few Ultra Rare troops. At 300 glory it doesn’t hit as much if 2 of those came out in a week. Say Friday it changes from 1 to the other. Or just pick 2 kingdoms and they’re both the event of the week.

Yes there’s a balance act that has to be done since everything has an upside and downside. But it would be nice to see something different from time to time so we actually are walking faster and not simply at the same pace.

Okay, that’s good to know @Mr.Strange. But could you at least give us some tips on what we should be doing, strategically, while we lay down the groundwork for the upcoming meta changes?

I’ll presume it’s imperative to get stars on level 10 kingdoms, for one thing. In the absence of traitstones, the easiest way to do that is to level up troops.

Also, @Robert mentions saving up Glory chests for new releases. Is THAT something I should be doing, too? I mention that because I notice I’ve been having miserable time getting Gnoll (a rare) previously, and now it’s the same issue with Djinn (another rare). Seriously, they appear to be as difficult as getting a legendary for me. Idk if I’m supposed to be reserving Gold chests for them rather than wasting Glory chest pulls, but it sure seems as though a lot of people at high levels save up chests rather than use them each week.