Black Magic Woman

:gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem:
A report is needed, so prepare for the trait report!
This even has two troops and as such two different stones!
The following troops can be traited this week uping the arcane stones in this event based on which troop you get.
:alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock:
If you get Tal’Rae it will be time to trait or finish traiting these 13 monsters!
ALASTAIR needs 12
ANOINTED ONE needs 12
BERSERKER needs 3
CRIMSON BAT needs 16
DEEP BORER needs 2
HYDRA needs 16
LAMIA needs 3
RAVEN needs 12
REX WARRIOR needs 2
VALOR needs 12
WAR needs 21
WIGHT needs 2
WILD FANG needs 12

However if you Spider knight then it is time to trait these troops 5 troops each requiring one traitstone!
MAD PROPHET
QUASIT
SKELETON
THRALL
ZOMBIE
:gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem:
Now the heroes You can trait using the arcane stones are Necromancer and sorcerer! You have been informed!

3 Likes

… Does anyone else have Santana stuck in their head now?

4 Likes

Yep. Me… Since we named the event 2-3 weeks ago…

But unfortunately I keep getting the second line from the Dharma & Greg episode years ago: “She’s tryin’ to take a pebble outta me”

4 Likes

Excited for the R/U! Bummed by the lack of a new Kingdom!

If only there was a plan in place!

Oh wait… :wink:

3 Likes

And any chance we could get a hint as to when the plan will kick in? While I know specifics can’t be shared, a range like before the next update or after the next update would go a long way to alleviate much of the player base concern.

What part of the plan is revealed when is… part of the plan.

Can’t talk about the plan ahead of scheduled releases, because to do so breaks the plan.

But is there really concern that we don’t have a plan? I hope we’ve earned more faith than that!

2 Likes

I think it isn’t that people thought there wasn’t a plan, but rather we heard there was one some time back (no specifics of course) and we’re eagerly awaiting when it would start. So far things have still been status quo since April as far as troop release goes.

Edit: And I have faith that things will be shook up and made more interesting (part of my prediction approach was to go with ideas not following the pattern so far.) But discussing things with guildmates, people have been and do wonder what and when things may begin to change.

Ah - perhaps you misunderstood. “The Plan” began almost a year ago. You can’t see it, because you’re already inside it…

If you thought there was some sort of “new” plan that was a change in direction - that was not true. I’m sorry if I made it seem like it was. But maybe it’s comforting to know that we’re still on track with the original plan?

Is this a cunning plan, milord?

4 Likes

Well hopefully the plan will include things where we may get a double troop week that wasn’t like that on PC originally (Faunessa and Bunni’Nog together for example.)

Something that helps give the console something unique rather than just mirroring the PC releases. Entangle for example. We were unique on how it was done and recently the PC version’s implementation changed to match console. That was cool to see. I know we’ll likely always play catch up as far as troops go but changing quantities rather than simply the order would be another way to establish our own identity.

It’s a plan, in a plan, in a plan.

EDIT: Srsly though, why add 2 more troops to a 9 troop kingdom, while still having kingdoms with 7 and 8 troops? A slap in the face for everyone using traitstones to up a kingdom to 5 stars. Need more refunds plx

Of course you meant Fleetwood Mac.

Power creep. Chance to give newer players a way to get stronger troops with a little less work. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that it was the easiest to power level magic kingdom that was chosen to become easier still.

I mean my PC collection is rather miniscule compared to my console one yet I have 1 5* kingdom with everyone else at 1 gold star and less. Which one? Ghulvania. The week it hit 10 troops. Zhul’Kari will become the 2nd. Having the extra magic will go a long way in battle.

Well I was about to use the new explore mode to get some specific traitstones to 5-star one kingdom after another (9 below 5 stars), but I somehow lost the incentive to do so. I’ll just wait until I get it handed for free via new troops =/ So… back to pvp I guess -.-

Quick note… after the 10th troop, things are worth quite a few less points ttowards the kingdom’s power level (i.e. it’s not linear after 10)

1 Like

Thanks for the update =)

Like 11 troops won’t be worth 550 or levels above 200 will yield < 10 points per level or will a curve apply to the whole kingdom so if it were at 1200 points before it would become say 1000 because the new troops were added?

I’m guessing traits are still 25 a pop because even commons cost a fair number of traitstones and traiting will still not be the easiest to do?

Lore-wise:
While it was already sorta obvious (Spider Queen, *cough*) it’s interesting to here more details of how Queen’s are the ruling class for the Dark Elves.

Similarly to the Lamia of Mist of Scales, it appears females hold greater power in these kingdoms.

Troop-wise:
Speaking of connections between Mist of Scales and Zhul’Kari, Tal’Rae is the Swamplash for the Web effect.
I’m very much looking forward to getting my Hydra traited, so I greatly welcome the Blood Arcane. :grin:

Spider Knight looks like he’d be fun early-game. The fact he can both poison and web enemies does a good job of capturing Zhul’Kari in essence. (First triple Common troop Kingdom!)

No offense, but earned how? By talking about a plan that no one can see, all while things seem to get worse?

That’s not exactly correct. The PC version worked initially the same way it does now, so that’s probably where console got it’s implementation. It was later changed on PC, and now it got reverted to the way it was before, not “changed to match console”.

There’s a kingdom with 7 troops? Which one is it? I can’t find it.