Black and White Magic

Keys are always in a fixed amount – they don’t change based on how many keys you have unless you have less than the highest amount. For instance, the highest amount you can open at once for gold keys is 200, but if you have less than that, it will scale “Open 136 gold keys.”

Resource Option 1 Option 2 Option 3
Gold Key 1 10 or 50 200
Glory Key 1 10 or 50 200
Gem Key 1 10 or 50 200
Event Key 1 10 or 50 200
VIP Key 1 10 50
Guild Key 1 10 50
Chaos Shard Chest 1 10

2 Likes

So most likely the designer had 25 glory keys. Lol
Wow…

1 Like

Also…
I went from level 180 to 220.
So 10 levels doesn’t seem to be a fixed rate to further induce confusion.

To be clear… For Minogor
Level 180 24 hides
Level 220 25 hides
This being tested properly before release… I’d bet 0 hides.
I wish some of the devs felt like their hides were on the line… The game would be much better for it.

Blockquote

The last option is always the max of how many you have, up to the max you can open at once, which is 200 for gold/glory/gem/event and 50 for VIP/guild (and a whopping 10 for Chaos Shard). The middle is always the next max, which is 50 for most all of them again, except if you have less than that max, then it becomes 10, and the new max in option 3 becomes whatever you have.

So if you have more than or 200 keys, it’s 1/50/200. If you have 50 or less keys, it’s 1/10/50. If you have between 51 and 199 keys, it’s 1/50/Your Keys.

Wait, I just did a level 180 and only got 21 hides. ???

At what Rarity?

It’s that which sticks in my craw. Because it is clearly POSSIBLE to have weird-numbered batches as long as they are fewer than 200 simultaneous pulls,
so give the player agency and let them choose exactly how many they want to open with 200 being the cap

1 Like

I don’t remember, probably Epic, but the rarity shouldn’t matter, because they list all the rarities as giving 4 hides each.

Oh, these numbers are right according to TimeKnight’s chart.

So given the posts above, that last bit is definitely misleading, right, because it’s not always true?

Smh :pensive:

2 Likes

It shouldn’t matter.
But it evidently does. :person_facepalming:

Omg :person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

3 Likes

Pride 200 will give me… 23 Hides. Chief at 110 will give me… 14 hides. Oh. Okay, do the lower rarity one. Got it. Makes sense. Lower rarity, higher level, higher difficulty. But the level is only that high because I’ve repeatedly done it more than Chief Stronghorn. Or Stronghorn shows up less, which makes sense given its rarity, but doesn’t make sense given that he has the same rewards.

Nooooo! Pride is slowly leaving me and taking his valuable points with him!

Okay… well, now I HAVE to fight Chief Stronghorn. It’s either 14 hides from him or 9 from Mongo. The best part (and by best I mean stupid)? The Chief Stronghorn fights aren’t all the same… so they won’t all level up equally. The top one is Cloudstalker/Soothsayer/Stronghorn/Bullygnoll. The middle one is Soothsayer/Bullserker/Stronghorn/Earthcaller. The bottom one is Bullserker/Skeleros/Soothsayer/Stronghorn.

So now, after doing the top Level 110 Chief Stronghorn, that one levels to 120, but the remaining two, since they are different teams, are still 110. Thankfully I got a Pride…

At this point I’m just trying to actively avoid the Chief Stronghorn fights, because I know there is one that’s at level 120. Why would I want to rotate and try to level up three different Chief Stronghorns?

Okay, now that I defeated Kurandara, the map reset:

At this point, Pride (26 points at level 230) is worth MORE than Kurandara (24 points), but Kurandara can reset the map, which is very useful. I mean, now I’m just stuck with low levels across the board:

Ugh…

I’ve always disliked this idea that I’m “ahead” in some areas but behind in others. It’d be like doing Towers of Doom and getting to Floor 25 but all the rooms are level 10 battles and give half the rewards… (if you could give half a scroll, that is).

The apparent discrepancy in the number of Hides for similar/subsequent Levels would seem to be coming from the programming shortcomings (queue ‘working as intended’ tirade) that many of us have become accustomed to by now: e.g.
If I have 3 Pride level 180, the first one will give me 21 Hides, and while the other 2 Pride level 180 will remain as an option on the map, the Hide counter for Pride will have gone up, so my next Pride level 180 will give me 22 Hides, and so on…

As usual, we must roll with it
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I don’t think that’s how it works. When a battle appears on the map, its level is set at whatever level your Chief Stronghorn battle should be, eg. 110. Now when you fight one, it will be replaced with the next battle (maybe level 120 Stronghorn), but any Stronghorn battles still on the map will stay at the level they showed up with.

I’ve observed this with my first few battles. I picked Pride at level 10 because I had 2 of them on the map and the next Pride battle, even though it was level 10, gave me 5 hides.

I’m ok with this one. Might make things a bit more confusing, but it gives us more points, so :+1:

3 Likes

For an event that seemingly has a lot of gray area.

6 Likes

Where’s the time when Gems of Math was still simply Gems of War… it’s ridiculous how people need to make all these complex calculations to make the right choices. It should just be “Battle x” is “difficulty y” and will “reward you x”.

We’re tapping more in our calculator app (or should i say spreadsheet app) than in our GoW app these days…

8 Likes

I’m so confused on scoring, I just want to know how to best help my guild :sweat_smile:

Should we really have to do all these calculations to understand how this event works?

5 Likes

Make the points that will payout upon success visible under/next to the name of the battle!

Ex: Kurandara (24)

4 Likes

Ambiguity in scoring allows for differences in leaderboard scores from the same amount of gems spent, which means players need to spend more gems to pass others in the chase for Chaos Orbs (because nobody is spending gems to get less gems), and/or in helping a guild reach rewards in guilds where most players don’t participate.

I guess so, but it seems like it should be clear how to progress… I’m good with randomized battles and ravens, but I don’t understand how to gather the most points here.